Thread: Default to Records

Default Default to Records

I just discovered that I wasted 8 hours of play while being in "Romance" mode. Originally, I was in "Records" but I didn't properly save the options when I switched to the alternative unit cards.
    Anyway, I looked in the preference script I do not see it. Maybe my 49 year old eyes are missing it. It would be a bit sad if we have to make mode to have th game default to "Records." mode.
    Ten again, maybe now I would be too paranoid not to remember to change it.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Default Re: Default to Records

I don't mean to sound rude, but... How could you not notice it was on Romance mode in the very first battle that you fight on turn one of the campaign?
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

It was the very first battle that I noticed.

Up until that point, all of the battles were decisive battles. I generally do not fight siege battles so either the city surrenders or they sally forth in which it is usually a decisive battle in my favor.

Laetus

From the short times I have been able to battle (my game randomly CTD's without error), and all the battles I seen on YouTube, I am just waiting for a mod to fix and combine the best parts of Records & Romance. To me Records mode is superior and not a big pubfest. Just wish I could also have the heroes in the Romance style.

-> The battles of Records, with the fatigue for units enabled, and more tactical based.
    -> The solo heroes of Romance and the dueling
    -> Preferably size them down to normal human size. Overpowered mystical heroes and generals are fine for me, but I see no reason to oversize them compared to all the others. I get the idea, but I don't like it.

There are other threads to discuss the merits or lack there of of either mode. This isn't one of them.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

In the preference file there's this line:
    default_game_mode_romance true

Try to change true to false.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    In the preference file there's this line:
    default_game_mode_romance true

Try to change true to false.
    Yeah, my eyes did miss that,....
    default_game_mode_romance false; # default_game_mode_romance <bool>, If true, historical battles will default to being romance mode #

Unfortunately, the only thing it does is change historical battles to default to record mode which is odd that it is "true" not false. It is little like eating sushi and a well- done steak.

I did try several combinations
    Changing "romance" to "record(s)"
    Changing "<bool>" to "<True| False>"

I also tried to add this line.
    default_game_mode_romance false; # default_game_mode_romance <bool>, If true, historical battles will default to being romance mode #, If false, game mode will default to being records mode #

It seems the only purpose of the line is give a preference for historical battles and not a start of a campaign.
    Last edited by PikeStance; May 27, 2019 at 11:53 PM.