Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bronze Age Empires (BA TW campaign conversion)

Default Re: Bronze Age Empires (BA TW campaign conversion)

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    Sounds similar to what Fourth Age Total War did with settlements.
    Well I don't know that mod, but that's something I've done already in one way or another in my previous mods.

Progress on the mod:

Done all the portraits stuff and also captain banners, done all buildings icons and info images, added UI variant to West Semitic culture (Phoenicia, Amurru and Arameans), added new culture slot for Zagro-Elamitic factions (Elam and Gutians) so using maximum hardcoded culture slots and also all cultures have now its own religion slot (which is actually shown as culture in the mod), finished Government buildings and added the recruitment.

Still needed to do:

Amount and regen time of the units to recruit, recruitment priorities, finish set up of starting buildings in the settlements, revise starting armies, revise traits and ancillaries (also ancillaries icons), buildings construction requirements, finish trade resources stuff in the regions, revise some event images and icons, revise little things in the UIs, revise some hidden resources, revise factions starting relations, revise win conditions, revise stuff related to horde invasions, revise several little things here and there, revise some strat models, do all the scripting stuff...

Some screenshots from buildings (ignore the max amount of units, it's a template, didn't set up that yet):

Looking very good!

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Agreed, this looks very interesting. Good luck with it! I find your approach to real time battles entertaining, and truth be told I am starting to share a similar view.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    Looking very good!
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Agreed, this looks very interesting. Good luck with it! I find your approach to real time battles entertaining, and truth be told I am starting to share a similar view.
    Thanks, yeah one just needs to play the game with a different mindset

I've finally finished the set up of trade resources and hidden resources. I've also finished regions and settlements names stuff (they are all more or less as they were at the time frame of the mod). Done also some technical stuff like making sure that pirates and brigands don't spawn in inapproriate locations, etc. I'm now adding the conditions for buildings construction, next I'll look into finish everything related to units.

Work on the mod continues, in meanwhile here a screenshot with some more strat models for generals and captains:

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Concerning battles I wonder how the Rise of Three Kingdoms originally did it because it was originally an RTW port too.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    Concerning battles I wonder how the Rise of Three Kingdoms originally did it because it was originally an RTW port too.
    That's not the problem, actually when I started working on the mod I converted successfully the entire Egyptian roster (except chariots). However, there wasn't any animations that I've tried that would look perfect especially the handling of the shield, chariots the best ones are the ones from EBII I think but even those are far from perfect and there is like 2 usable models? So, it's not as simple as it might seem. Then what about the scenes? Also would need to overhaul all the audio which takes more time than what it seems. Then there is all the testing, addind unit models to the appropriate files, etc, a ridiculous amount of time and work. On top of that I have too many ideas to just stick to one mod, also sometime soon my modding time will decrease drastically. So it's just impossible for me to work on that part of the game, now if someone wants to do that...
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; September 27, 2020 at 03:11 PM.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Yeah those are very fair concerns
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    in Rise of Three Kingdoms they used many models from chinese mods and made minor changes on them.
    If you check out certain chinese mods of the time period you can see similar models there.

I've remade the ui scroll as I was using the one from Rome TW mod and was streched. Also made UI variant for west semitic culture, including event images and some icons as previously was using mesopotamian stuff. Made new family tree/bodyguard icons for all cultures as was using placeholders.

I've also added "Byblos" unique building as it was the most important Phoenician city during the Bronze Age (Ugarit wasn't really Phoenician), made icon in the same style as the other unique buildings from the original mod.

Finished adding the strat models for generals and captains. Each faction has its own captain models, generals some are unique and some are shared between 2 factions with similar culture like Babylonia and Assyria. All generals and captains strat models are battle models from the original mod for Rome TW, all credits to them. Also overhauled diplomats and ships strat models.

Finished buildings requirements, added a few more and finished starting setup of settlements. There is complex building chains where you need some buildings first before you can build others. Especially the government building chain is essential for improving settlements infrastructure and is also from where you can recruit units. Still going to revise building bonus especially on unique buildings, the buildings cost and construction time, but they're more or less finished.

Mitanni:

Last edited by MagusCaligula; October 01, 2020 at 02:04 PM.

This mod is looking very interesting! Looking forward to it
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Quote Originally Posted by Drtad View Post
    This mod is looking very interesting! Looking forward to it
    Thanks.

I've finished working on the recruitment, I had already previously added it to the corresponding buildings but didn't set the correct refill time and max units as it required a lot of thought, but it's finally done. I've also set the units recruitment priorities for the AI. So this concludes the units related stuff as everything else (stats, units cost, etc) was already done.

I'll now finally add all the necessary scripts to bring the mod to a playable state (script for government buildings auto-destruction, garrison script for important cities, horde invasion script, economy scripts, etc). Ofc after this, even though the mod would be completely playable, there is still a lot of other stuff I want to do as traits and ancillaries are just basic ones, regional rebels are using brigades units as placeholders, want to improve many aspects of the UI, add more historical desccriptions to buildings, etc.
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; October 04, 2020 at 06:49 AM.

Added reconstruction videos for the "wonders" that have a strat model (Knossos Palace, Pyramids and Ziggurat of Babylon). Also reuploaded new campaign map screenshot as this shall be the final setup.

Added government buildings auto-destruction script and garrison script for many cities. Most important cities get better garrisons than less important ones. Also added economy script for player as it was needed. Looking now into adding economy script for AI and recruit limitation script (which is a pain to add lol).

Last edited by MagusCaligula; October 05, 2020 at 02:38 PM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

i can help you about Kingdom Of Colchis.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast