Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bronze Age Empires (BA TW campaign conversion)

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: Bronze Age Empires (BA TW campaign conversion)

looking forward

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Saw the new pics on Moddb. Very epic
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Thanks, the work on the mod continues

Added script for invasions of Dorians, Mysians and Sea Peoples, they shall happen between turns 100-120. I'm not sure if it's too soon or not, what do you guys think?

Changed my mind about making Crete start independent so gave Knossos to Mycenae and Phaistos to Thebes. Uploaded screenshot with the "Field of Games" building which is exclusive to Mycenae and Thebes. It uses the "races" feature of the game engine (in the mod is "festivals") and allows you to chose the frequency they're held (Assyrians and Babylonians use the "games" feature for the Royal Lion Hunt as shown in a screenshot). "Festivals" represent both the Bull Leaping in Crete and Chariot Racing in the main land (there are frescoes depicting Mycenaeans in Crete practicing the Bull Leaping so they definitely kept the tradition there after invading the island). It can only be built in the most important cities.

Done the setup of starting character portraits, added the leader portraits to the faction selection menu. I've also increased sharpness in all character portraits so they look better now, also replaced Anatolian culture portraits. Adding the win conditions, correcting stuff related to regions/settlements I've overlooked in the process.

EDIT: Revised win conditions, reverted to what I initially had in my mind (just a couple core regions required) but increased the total amount of regions. The short campaign requires much less regions in total so is up to you what you prefer (there are 3 different setups depending on the faction). Hittites for example require 125 regions in long campaign and 75 regions in short campaign.

Last edited by MagusCaligula; October 08, 2020 at 12:53 PM.

Reworked the temples system making it more complex and interesting. The 2 main temples you can build (main god and main goddess) are now factional and are autodestroyed just like the government buildings. Most treasures were in the palaces and temples so these buildings were usually the main targets for pillage and destruction. Now they also spread culture (vanilla religion) so I'm going to tune down the culture given by government buildings to balance. These temples unlike the others don't require any government buildings present so can be built everywhere. The main temples you also need to chose between one of them unless it is a very important city where you can build both. The other temples work in the same way as temples in Rome TW.

Troy is a good faction for someone wanting to start with very few settlements and looking for a very challenging game.

Culture is spread only at the end of the year (4 turns per year) so it will only show the bonus in winter.

Revised all buildings related stuff, I think buildings are finally finished. Added "Babylon" unique building kind of breaking the rule of no more than 1 unique building in a settlement (already had the ziggurat wonder) for balance reasons but Babylon was too much of an important city to not be itself a wonder with the historical description.

Made a big overhaul to the event icons improving the quality of the images, replacing some and adding some more to make use of the unnused vanilla agents event icons. There are different icons for all kind of events (family events, hordes, women, sieges, etc) so it's easy to identify an event by just look at the icon and also adds to immersion as they're culture related.

Revised everything related to building icons and info images improving or replacing what didn't look very good. Also added a lot of new info images as needed. I think the UI it's finally finished.

Dealt with traits and ancillaries editing or removing the vanilla ones as needed. Replaced all vanilla ancillary icons with more appropriate ones. Added trait/ancillary to chose the faction heir (credits to EBII), also added "King of Kings" ("Pharaoh" to Egypt) ancillary to the imperialistic factions (Egypt, Babylonia, Assyria, Hittites). Looking into adding some more flavour stuff. Once I'm done with this, all is left to do is finish the scripts, setup the rebels stuff and revise everything to make sure I didn't missed something.

Last edited by MagusCaligula; October 13, 2020 at 05:18 PM.

Nerfed King of Kings ancillary to +2 Authority and +2 Command as I've gone a bit overboard with the bonus especially as it's guaranteed.

Added Priest/Priestess and High Priest/Priestess ancillaries to all factions and it's related to the main temples. Also added Legendary Lion Hunter to Assyria and Babylonia, Famous Athlete to Mycenae and Thebes, Egyptian Traditionalist to Egypt. All new ancillaries have new unique icons, so there is some flavour stuff to all factions.

I think I'm done with traits and ancillaries as I don't feel like spending more time on that now. Looking to finish the rebel setup stuff, make some last corrections and finish the scripts.

Adding biography trait to important historical characters to give more historical info about the era. Ramesses also gets the epithet "the Great".

Done all the rebels setup stuff and made some corrections in the process, so the campaign map setup is finally finished. Made a big overhaul to Greek names as they were latinized so they're now properly in Greek. I'm adding some more ancillaries, added "Hero" to Mycenae, Thebes and Troy to give some flavour to the "age of heroes" thing. Looking into add a few more to other factions as I'm having some ideas. Also added a little border to ancillaries icons to make them look better.

Added almost all scripts already, only big one left yet is the recruitment limitation script which shall be the last thing to do. Either than that is just finish adding the ancillaries I have in mind, test horde invasions stuff, make some final adjustments to diplomatic stuff, revise some text stuff and several small things here and there. Anyway the next update shall be the file to download already.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by MagusCaligula View Post
    Done the setup of starting character portraits, added the leader portraits to the faction selection menu. I've also increased sharpness in all character portraits so they look better now, also replaced Anatolian culture portraits. Adding the win conditions, correcting stuff related to regions/settlements I've overlooked in the process.

EDIT: Revised win conditions, reverted to what I initially had in my mind (just a couple core regions required) but increased the total amount of regions. The short campaign requires much less regions in total so is up to you what you prefer (there are 3 different setups depending on the faction). Hittites for example require 125 regions in long campaign and 75 regions in short campaign.

Is not the kingdom of Colchis?

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    Is not the kingdom of Colchis?
    Sure, if you want to call that to the Hittite Empire xD

Bronze Age Empires v0.5 beta RELEASED

This is the first version of the mod so unbalances and bugs are to be expected (I'm not aware of any).

INSTALLATION:

1- Extract to your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    2- Go to the new folder BAE in your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    3- Use the "Executable" batch file to launch the mod.
    4- Play and have fun.

GENERAL NOTES:

- Bronze Age Empires DOES NOT support Real-Time Battles. You can not play custom, historical or normal campaign battles.
    - Starting Date: 1290 BC.

DOWNLOAD

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

congrats +rep
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    congrats +rep
    Thanks, hope you like it

If the game is opened in a small window do this:

Open Configuration.cfg with a text editor (preferably Notepad++) and you see this part:

[video]
    movies = 0
    windowed = 1 ## Windowed mode (windowed = 1) is usually more stable
    borderless_window = 1
    no_background_fmv = 1
    show_banners = true
    # widescreen = 1
    # unit_detail = high
    # grass_distance = 9000

Change windowed = 1 to windowed = 0

Then in game options chose the native resolution of your monitor, after that you can change to windowed = 1 again and you'll still have full screen.

How to create a shortcut to launch the mod from your desktop:

- Go to BAE folder, right click on the Executable file and chose "Create shortcut" and move the shortcut to the desktop.
    - Copy/paste the icon that is also in BAE folder to the desktop.
    - Right click on the shortcut you created, chose properties and "Change icon...", then chose "Browse..." and then chose Desktop, you should have the icon there, just chose the icon.
    - Rename your shortcut to whatever you want, for example: Bronze Age Empires
    - You can now lauch the mod always from your desktop.

Centenarius

Thank you and congratulations for the release MagusCaligula!

I have one question: The original Bronze Age mod for Rome TW has additional "provincial campaigns" where the player can play as the non-playable/emergent factions; will you add these in a future version of the mod?.
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafthero View Post
    Thank you and congratulations for the release MagusCaligula!

I have one question: The original Bronze Age mod for Rome TW has additional "provincial campaigns" where the player can play as the non-playable/emergent factions; will you add these in a future version of the mod?.
    Yes, that's one of the things I intend to add in the next version, that's why I left "Custom Campign" in the menu. I only didn't that in this version because I simply needed a break from the mod as in the last month and a half I've spent too much time with it, but I want to make at least one new version once I have enough feedback. Other things I want to do is add more special ancillaries and traits. Btw I didn't add the recruitment limitation script in this mod as I feel it's not only needed as it might not be a good idea in this mod, so having feedback about the ai developing cities is important to know if I sall add it or not, although that would require a different setup of the starting armies.

For next version I'll rework the economy a bit as settlements give a bit too much money and I even added a script for player to remove some money but I've already figured out how to tweak that properly so the script will be removed.

Great Work MagusCaligula I am downloading now

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast