Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bronze Age Empires (BA TW campaign conversion)

Default Bronze Age Empires (BA TW campaign conversion)

Bronze Age Empires is at its core a conversion of Bronze Age TW mod campaign for Rome TW, takes advantage of the better Medieval II TW engine for more advanced gameplay mechanics and scripts and adds a lot of new content. As of now THERE ARE NO REAL TIME BATTLES, on encounter battles are auto-resolved automatically by script.

Features:

- Campaign set at 1290 BC
    - Improved AI
    - Scripts for immersion and to help AI in finances and military
    - Immersive events and traits
    - New ancillaries to give the flavor of the era
    - Complex recruitment with a government system
    - Immersive strat models of the era
    - Complete overhaul to all interface stuff and audio for an immersive gameplay
    - 4 Turns per Year
    - Overhaul to almost everything
    - Functional Hot-Seat campaign

FACTIONS (playable):

(Mesopotamian Culture/Religion)

- Babylonia
    - Assyria

(Egyptian Culture/Religion)

- Egypt
    - Libyans

(Aegean Culture/Religion)

- Mycenae
    - Thebes
    - Troy

(Anatolian Culture/Religion)

- Hittites
    - Arzawa
    - Kaskians

(Hurrian Culture/Religion)

- Mitanni
    - Nairi

(Zagro-Elamitic Culture/Religion)

- Elam
    - Gutians

(West Semitic Culture/Religion)

- Phoenicia
    - Amurru
    - Arameans (horde invasion)

(non playable horde invasions by script during campaign):

(Aegean Culture/Religion)

- Dorians
    - Mysians
    - Sea Peoples

Credits:

- Bronze Age Total War for Rome TW (base mod, general and captain strat models are battle models from the mod)
    - Quintillius Interface Submod for Roma Surrectum II (used as the base for the interface in this mod)
    - Europa Barbarorum II (wagon and trade ship strat models, mouse cursor, scripts)
    - De Bello Mundi (campaign map terrain textures, settlements, ships and diplomat strat models)
    - PiterAI (AI)
    - z3n (Pathfinding)
    - Brandon & Derek Fiechter (Music)

DOWNLOAD

INSTALLATION:

1- Extract to your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    2- Go to the new folder BAE_v10 in your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    3- Use the "Executable" batch file to launch the mod.
    4- Play and have fun.

GENERAL NOTES:

- Bronze Age Empires DOES NOT support Real-Time Battles. You can not play custom, historical or normal campaign battles.
    - Starting Date: 1290 BC.

If the game is opened in a small window do this:

Open Configuration.cfg with a text editor (preferably Notepad++) and you see this part:

[video]
    movies = 0
    windowed = 1 ## Windowed mode (windowed = 1) is usually more stable
    borderless_window = 1
    no_background_fmv = 1
    show_banners = true
    # widescreen = 1
    # unit_detail = high
    # grass_distance = 9000

Change windowed = 1 to windowed = 0

Then in game options chose the native resolution of your monitor, after that you can change to windowed = 1 again and you'll still have full screen.

How to create a shortcut to launch the mod from your desktop:

- Go to BAE_v10 folder, right click on the Executable file and chose "Create shortcut" and move the shortcut to the desktop.
    - Copy/paste the icon that is also in BAE_v10 folder to the desktop.
    - Right click on the shortcut you created, chose properties and "Change icon...", then chose "Browse..." and then chose Desktop, you should have the icon there, just chose the icon.
    - Rename your shortcut to whatever you want, for example: Bronze Age Empires
    - You can now lauch the mod always from your desktop.

Last edited by MagusCaligula; August 04, 2023 at 11:08 AM.

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Default Re: Bronze Age Empires (BA TW campaign conversion)

I approve this mod effort! It's all looking nice and smooth. I do find that the height map needs a little work seeing those weird spikes here and there. Are you going to enable real time battles in the future when you have made actual units or will you just leave it be?

May I also point you to this map: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Near-East-Map

I don't know how big and detailed your map is exactly compared to the map I linked you to, but perhaps it could be worth taking a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    I approve this mod effort! It's all looking nice and smooth. I do find that the height map needs a little work seeing those weird spikes here and there. Are you going to enable real time battles in the future when you have made actual units or will you just leave it be?

May I also point you to this map: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Near-East-Map

I don't know how big and detailed your map is exactly compared to the map I linked you to, but perhaps it could be worth taking a look.
    Well as I said if someone want to make new models and want to work on scenes, sure why not. Although there are the expected issues like the chariots animations but I guess it can be done in a way or another. However I'll not do that myself. It's already a ton of work just making all the campaign stuff on my own... I personally can't even bother to play the battles nowadays, I still like the grand strategy and empire building of these games though.

The map is the same of Bronze Age TW, I just made the necessary editing to make it compatible with Med II TW.
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; May 25, 2019 at 05:00 PM.

Very good idea!

Good Idea but I would suggest to put in more cities.

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Good Idea but I would suggest to put in more cities.
    There's already 199 provinces which it's the maximum allowed...

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Will this one see release?

How could that be the maximum limit? Is it because of the cpu or what?

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    How could that be the maximum limit? Is it because of the cpu or what?
    It's hardcoded, the maximum regions you can have it's 199 + water. More than that and the game will crash.

From which mod did you take the map?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDevilTW View Post
    From which mod did you take the map?
    As said in the description the campaign map is the same from Bronze Age TW for Rome TW as the core of this mod.

I really think you have something here.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

I've resumed the work on this mod. As I've said previously this mod is at like 75%. The gameplay will be similar to my 150 BC Aurei Imperii with some differences due to time frame and such, but if you liked Aurei Imperii you'll like this. Interface, audio, strat models are done or almost done.

The units stats/balance will be preserved from the originial mod, however unit costs and economy in general will be ofc completely overhauled. The recruitment system will also be overhauled and similar to what I did in Aurei Imperii adapted ofc to the factions and the time frame.

All the scripts used in Aurei Imperii will also be added ofc. For the temples I preserved more or less the original mod ideas of true polyteism but with a slight different implementation.

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

How do you manage to always come up with mods in the exact settings we need the most?

Quote Originally Posted by Elendil 03 View Post
    How do you manage to always come up with mods in the exact settings we need the most?
    Well there is no point in making mods that aren't needed I like Bronze Age a lot and there aren't really much games about it, almost any in fact. The reason I've took a break at the time for it was because I wasn't sure about some things. I now have a more clear idea as Aurei Imperii helps a lot with that as it was a well received mod. Also I've been more inspired by Bronze Age stuff again lately.

I've manage to "fix" unused strat models for generals and captains from the original mod. Some have wrong texture names, others misses certain textures type. At the time I started making the mod I was a bit of a noob modding this game but now it was easy to figure it out. The models are really nice, the original mod uses a generic (phoenician I think) model for all factions not sure why, maybe the guy who released the campaign didn't managed to fix it, I don't know. I'll post new screenshots sometime soon.

I'd love to see this mod ported over to Medieval 2 with further detail. I had it for RTW, but I've always thought it was missing something, so never quite played it, contrarily to other excellent mods RTW has got throughout all these years. Keep up this job - and if you manage to do so, also in Regnum Caelorum Most important of all during these days, stay well and safe. Cheers!

I've been replacing the strat models for generals and captains with more appropriate ones, some screenshots:

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

looks really damn good!
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Parsman's Avatar Libertus

Can't wait!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast