Thread: Bronze Age Empires (BA TW campaign conversion)

Default Bronze Age Empires (BA TW campaign conversion)

Bronze Age Empires is at its core a conversion of Bronze Age TW mod campaign for Rome TW. There are no real time battles, on encounter battles are auto-resolved automatically by script and the mod (units, etc) will be balanced with that in mind. If someone want to make units, work on scenes and stuff like that this can change ofc.

This idea comes from the fact Bronze Age is my favourite era and there are very few things in gaming in general about it. Medieval II TW updated engine makes possible certain game mechanics and for a much more interesting overall campaign than Rome TW, it also doesn't suffer from certain issues Rome TW has in modern computer systems. Bronze Age TW has been abandoned and a lot of stuff left to be done and the idea is to bring the campaign to what the developers originally intended and make use of the better Medieval II TW engine/mechanics.

The complete Bronze Age TW campaign have been converted. A lot of things have been slightly reworked to be in line with Medieval II TW, other things have been corrected. I've split Middle Eastern culture/religion in Mesopotamian and West Semitic, and Hititte-Hurrian in Anatolian and Hurrian, and made the proper changes in the campaign map regions. Campaign map textures and settlement moddels are from DBM. General, ship and agent models are from DBM, PI and AC. Trade ship and wagon models are from EBII. UIs were made from Quintillus submod UIs for RS II. So yeah some things I might need to change for a public version depending on other modders good will... I've made all new event icons for the different cultures, also making family members/generals portraits for Mesopotamian culture as there wasn't anything really fitting.

I've already added all BA TW buildings to the campaign map. Each temple has it's own tree which makes for a lot of building trees and is the reason I'm not sure yet about how to add the temples has there is a limit to the building trees in the game. But as of now one can build temples to the main god and goddess and additional ones to another god/goddess each with 3 levels, the temple to the main god or goddess can be upgraded to a 4th level. I'm going however to revise the system. All building bonus have been revised and it will again. I want the campaign pace and feel to be kinda like EBII.

Regarding the recruitment system I want to go with BA TW originally idea of AoR system. Factions will have the "homeland" recruitment and the military colonial recruitment which shall be different for the different factions/cultures. Besides the ones for the "imperialistic" factions from BA TW I'll make new ones for other factions that should work differently.

I intend to also make some new different buildings that resemble certain factions and cultures of the time (lion hunting, etc) and maybe the construction of certain historical unique buildings. BA TW invasions/factions will be added through script during the campaign, Aramean faction invasion is at the start of the game just like in BA TW. I intend to add a lot of scripts to give a lot of depth and immersion to the campaign ofc. As of now, scripts for 4 turns per year and automatic auto-resolve have been already added.

I intend to make all new traits and ancillaries ofc. Audio stuff (music, voices, end turn sound) have been already completely overhauled. In general most of the graphics stuff is also finished already.

Some in game images:

Last edited by MagusCaligula; May 24, 2019 at 06:42 PM.

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Default Re: Bronze Age Empires (BA TW campaign conversion)

I approve this mod effort! It's all looking nice and smooth. I do find that the height map needs a little work seeing those weird spikes here and there. Are you going to enable real time battles in the future when you have made actual units or will you just leave it be?

May I also point you to this map: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Near-East-Map

I don't know how big and detailed your map is exactly compared to the map I linked you to, but perhaps it could be worth taking a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    I approve this mod effort! It's all looking nice and smooth. I do find that the height map needs a little work seeing those weird spikes here and there. Are you going to enable real time battles in the future when you have made actual units or will you just leave it be?

May I also point you to this map: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Near-East-Map

I don't know how big and detailed your map is exactly compared to the map I linked you to, but perhaps it could be worth taking a look.
    Well as I said if someone want to make new models and want to work on scenes, sure why not. Although there are the expected issues like the chariots animations but I guess it can be done in a way or another. However I'll not do that myself. It's already a ton of work just making all the campaign stuff on my own... I personally can't even bother to play the battles nowadays, I still like the grand strategy and empire building of these games though.

The map is the same of Bronze Age TW, I just made the necessary editing to make it compatible with Med II TW.
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; May 25, 2019 at 06:00 PM.

Very good idea!

Good Idea but I would suggest to put in more cities.

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Good Idea but I would suggest to put in more cities.
    There's already 199 provinces which it's the maximum allowed...

Will this one see release?

How could that be the maximum limit? Is it because of the cpu or what?

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    How could that be the maximum limit? Is it because of the cpu or what?
    It's hardcoded, the maximum regions you can have it's 199 + water. More than that and the game will crash.

From which mod did you take the map?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDevilTW View Post
    From which mod did you take the map?
    As said in the description the campaign map is the same from Bronze Age TW for Rome TW as the core of this mod.

I really think you have something here.
    ORANGE MAN BAD