Thread: Multiplayer fix by C.A. ( Lobbies are now visible)

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Default Multiplayer fix by C.A. ( Lobbies are now visible)

Multiplayer lobbies can now be seen by opting in to Beta update in the properties tag on steam, it is jolly welcome if you ask me, thank you LestaT for pointing that out.

Notes from official forum

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Previously discussed multiplayer not working
    In campaign Multiplayer the server list is blank? has anyone here have that problem, it seems to be a problem over at the official forums with no solution as of yet.

Here is what I and other players are seeing...

Checked my firewall is allowing the game access , cant think of a solution?

brig
    Last edited by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham; June 05, 2019 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Title change again!

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Default Re: Campaign Multiplayer lobby is still Blank!

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the lack of campaign and battle multi-play lobbies are missing since launch, I have checked the official forums and so far not a word from C.A.

I can play ranked battles but.....

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Can anyone tell me if Campaign & Multiplayer is working for them please?

179 views and nobody has given an answer, this seems to be a problem for many people according to the official forums, but so far they havent said anything about it?

Default Re: Can anyone tell me if Campaign & Multiplayer is working for them please?

I don't think there is an answer... apart from you're right, it seems to be a problem and there isn't an official statement. I've seen some people saying you can join a game if invited by a Steam friend.

(& I can confirm that LAN campaign multiplayer is working just fine, but that's probably not helpful )

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    I don't think there is an answer... apart from you're right, it seems to be a problem and there isn't an official statement. I've seen some people saying you can join a game if invited by a Steam friend.

(& I can confirm that LAN campaign multiplayer is working just fine, but that's probably not helpful )
    Thanks Mak, I'm very surprised that hardly anyone mentioned it on TWC?

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Strange that hardly anyone has mentioned the "broken" multiplayer game on TWC?

Is it because like me, everyone is just happy the game runs out of the box, the brilliant campaign map, the awesome graphics and gameplay, that nobody is bothered that multiplayer game lobbies are missing, this means in actual fact, the game is for intents and purposes "broken" from day 1?
    C.A. are keeping quiet about it?

....ready for crucifixion.

Default Re: Strange that hardly anyone has mentioned the "broken" multiplayer game on TWC?

MP was never a thing I paid attention to for TW games lol...
    「戦場廻り、運命決まり、生死しらない」

Patrician Citizen

Well I have played multiplayer, I cant say I'm any kind of expert though, that isnt the point, people are asking about it on the official forum ( me too) and on steam, I havent seen any acknowledgement from C.A. (someone please prove me wrong)
    Great campaign map,single player, mechanics and graphics
    To me this indicates an unfinished game, par for the course in my opinion... probably have to pay for multiplayer DLC (sarcasm mode off )

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

yep......I mean I dont think to buy the TW games for the multiplayer and i dare say most people think the same.

If multiplayer works via LAN (and it definitely does) - and works via invite from Steam - then it can't be the game that's broken, but something missing from the Steam lobby system... ??

(and I definitely bought the second copy for our household purely for the multiplayer option - I'd probably not buy TW games ever except to mod and/or for some sort of multiplayer option)

Quote Originally Posted by The Roman Republic View Post
    yep......I mean I dont think to buy the TW games for the multiplayer and i dare say most people think the same.
    This. 95% of TW players never touch MP elements of the game.

I've never done a MP battle or MP campaign since i've been playing TW games starting all the way back in 2004.

I had good memories of Avatar Conquest back in Shogun2, the balance is goodish(since everyone has the same unit) and it is before I discovered mods.
    I cannot imagine playing 3K multiplayer at all, with the romance mode comes absurdly overtuned heroes and questionably balanced units of vanilla.

Might gave it a second look if ranked has records.

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by BreadBuax View Post
    I had good memories of Avatar Conquest back in Shogun2, the balance is goodish(since everyone has the same unit) and it is before I discovered mods.
    I cannot imagine playing 3K multiplayer at all, with the romance mode comes absurdly overtuned heroes and questionably balanced units of vanilla.

Might gave it a second look if ranked has records.
    I am disappointed really, I finally want to get into multiplayer battles and find the lobbies empty? I wonder what our "hotseat" community will think?
    Ah well heres me all dressed up and nowhere to go......

Patrician Citizen

It would seem my "campaign" is gaining momentum? Official Forum

Although no reply from C.A. as of yet,as to why lobbies are missing, which is pretty bad form I would say!

I have a theory that it has something to do with concerns of security about China?

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I don't have this game yet, waiting, with hope, for summer sales, but since Rome, the first one, I never, ever, played a online battle, for me total war games are single player games. In the opposite side, I never played a Company of heroes 2 campaign. Conclusions, total war games are very moddables, people install different mods and barley have the same version,and they mainly like campaings, so, they don't care about online battles.
    Last edited by pajomife; June 04, 2019 at 06:37 AM.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

There's an opt in beta update suppose to fix the MP lobby thing.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...-2-beta#latest

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    There's an opt in beta update suppose to fix the MP lobby thing.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...-2-beta#latest
    Much obliged sir...+rep

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Multiplayer fix by C.A. ( Games are now in Lobbies)

OP changed.

Default Re: Multiplayer fix by C.A. ( Lobbies are now visible)

Started a co-op campaign with a Steam friend before the last update, so at least that was working.