Thread: Why is this still under upcoming games?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Why is this still under upcoming games?

Now that the game is live, doesn't Three Kingdoms deserve its own section on the front page?
    I understand that the newer TW games aren't as popular on TWC, but TWC remains an important gathering place for dedicated historical modders(steam forum is no substitute) and frankly, the game NEEDS historical mods and I'd love to hear if any of the older modders here has any plans for overhauls the likes of DEI (Just as an example, the game doesn't need a massive overhaul since it deals with only a few culture group and releases with way more features than rome 2).

Default Re: Why is this still under upcoming games?

Hear, hear!
    The Armenian Issue

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Please be patient. I assure you this has nothing to do with the game's popularity etc since we'll support 3K like any other game on these Forums.
    I'm sure our Hexes will take care of it, soon enough

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by BreadBuax View Post
    Now that the game is live, doesn't Three Kingdoms deserve its own section on the front page?
    I understand that the newer TW games aren't as popular on TWC, but TWC remains an important gathering place for dedicated historical modders(steam forum is no substitute) and frankly, the game NEEDS historical mods and I'd love to hear if any of the older modders here has any plans for overhauls the likes of DEI (Just as an example, the game doesn't need a massive overhaul since it deals with only a few culture group and releases with way more features than rome 2).
    They have to be Chinese teams, this game is not appealing to the old moders, mainly because the story is unknown, such as military units, but I bet that someone good will appear.

Kal-El's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife View Post
    They have to be Chinese teams, this game is not appealing to the old moders, mainly because the story is unknown, such as military units, but I bet that someone good will appear.
    Not only is it popular it's quite fun. This forum should be jumping on it.
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife View Post
    That might very well be true, Shogun 2 manages to have zero dedicated historical overhaul while even Thrones of Britannia gets 1-2, the Chinese Modding scene has diminished quite abit since Medieval 2(Even then, none of them has a strong authenticity focus), I hope its popularity can revive some of it.

Not sure how a mesh up between SFO and Dresden would result in, never used SFO but it seem to be mostly subjective gameplay changes with a bit of lore focus.

If nothing else I could start tweaking the game with pfm myself, it’s the modelling, scripting, startpos that is beyond my grasp.

As far as mods go, this was announced a bit back:

Summary: SFO team is working with Dresden (of DEI fame) to make an overhaul mod.
    My Three Kingdoms Military History Blog / Military Map Project - https://zirroxas.tumblr.com/
    Ask me a question!

I've been on these forums since 2004, this game is the most fun i've had since when Rome 2 got polished with all its updates a year later.
    So far i must say its Launch has been incredibly smooth, even the great Rome 1 had its crazy amount of crashes when it released.

I've never been a purist where games have to god like perfect AI to be considered a good game, i actually find the older TW games to have much more performance issues & crash to desktop instances to the point where i had to abandon a campaign & start a new one. They improved on campaign stability & preventing crashes with each TW game release. I wonder how many people remember how unstable Rome 1 was ? At one point in 2004 1 out of 3 campaigns become unplayable due to bugs generated by the game such as regards to traits, characters dieing effecting the campaign into crashing.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

As to the title of the thread: the spanking, brand new main forum is now in place.

Further sub fora will be set up shortly.

Kal-El's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    As to the title of the thread: the spanking, brand new main forum is now in place.

Further sub fora will be set up shortly.
    The main page still doesn't have a link to this forum.
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Please explain, link to the 'main page'.

If it's the home page you are talking about: there are no dedicated forum links (only the four on top of the home page) main page. A front page article was posted there on the 23rd when the game got released.
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 26, 2019 at 08:28 PM.