Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PFM 5.2 - Three Kingdoms Support

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Default Re: PFM 5.2 - Three Kingdoms Support

still doesnt work for me in trying to load mods, i think i'll have to resort to waiting until the mod manager comes annoyingly. Got the itch to dabble in modding things here and there

Looks like a table I will for sure need that is red and I cant access as well is
    cdir_events_dilemma_choice_details_tables

everything is greyed out?

A couple more in this area give an Error
    and example is
    cdir_events_dilemma_payloads_tables

What can i do to help gain access to these tables?

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod

Quote Originally Posted by The Roman Republic View Post
    still doesnt work for me in trying to load mods, i think i'll have to resort to waiting until the mod manager comes annoyingly. Got the itch to dabble in modding things here and there
    It is possible to run mod ( . pack in data having mod flag ) using user.script in $username/appdata/roaming/CreativeAssembly/3KTW
    and putting "Mod 'yourmodname'.pack;"line it or one line for each if you have several.
    ( it is not so adapt it ) . It work for me and so should work for everyone.
    Edit:
    ( i see my swiss hallebardier exellent friend was telling you about a user.script.text , i spposed he speaking about a user.script with text format ( edited
    with a common text editor like block note in ainsi ) but is not to put the text extension).hoping it could help ia case.
    Last edited by FréreAne; May 31, 2019 at 02:53 PM.

Figured out why they were greyed out,
    itsbecause I am looking at the data.pack and i forgot to disable the CA packs read only.

It appears now we can get to work on some of this,
    Looks like under
    the
    FIRST
    SECOND
    THIRD
    are all associared with a boolean and an unknown3.
    the unknown is a trait required by your faction leader.
    so for example
    False 3k_main_ceo_requirement_set_brave

means you could only chose this option IF your faction leader wasnt brave.

Now i just really need access to
    which errors in PFM

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Achilles (2018) mod

i think i'll have to resort to waiting until the mod manager comes annoyingly. Got the itch to dabble in modding things here and there
    I’m sure it’s not recommended, but if you’re lazy like me and really want to experiment modding, I’ve just been making mod packs and the modified tables to the database.pack rather than going through the other methods. (Save a copy first of course)

Same for me,
    no matter which way I try, the mod Im making or trying to use anyone elses, will not show up IG.. gg wth

Quote Originally Posted by bensully View Post
    I’m sure it’s not recommended, but if you’re lazy like me and really want to experiment modding, I’ve just been making mod packs and the modified tables to the database.pack rather than going through the other methods. (Save a copy first of course)

this also wont work... which blows my mind,
    all im doing is changing factions_tables data, for the color of LiuBei to be green like TaoQians..
    literally nothing changes?
    and PFM is saving database.pack as "release"
    .. literally deleting things out of the vanilla database.pack is doing nothing to the game as well, i give up

Game was installed in 2 locs, 1 on ssd, and 1 on hdd for god knows what reason...
    Last edited by Havie; May 31, 2019 at 07:58 PM.

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod

Quote Originally Posted by Havie View Post
    Hmm thanks for the reply,
    so Where on earth could this be pointing?
    Maybe the "event_feed_target_events_tables" that is red for me in PFM, what does that mean? not decoded yet?

What events are you referring to scrolling through?

there doesnt appear to be any scripts for this anywhere under the "script" section under data.pack. Which would make more sense as you would think this would require more LUA coding.
    Red tables either are new and have never been decoded, are known to not have a proper schema (though these sometimes appear black), or have been modified.

The tables I just re-scrolled through are 'cdir_events_dilemma_*', 'cdir_events_incident_*', and 'cdir_events_mission_*'. I scrolled through the payloads table or the options table if payloads hadn't been decoded yet looking at the names of the events. They all start with '3k_*' except for one event that starts with 'debug_*'.

Looks like a table I will for sure need that is red and I cant access as well is

everything is greyed out?

A couple more in this area give an Error
    and example is

What can i do to help gain access to these tables?
    I'll add those tables to my priority list.

If you want to help with decoding schemas, I have included a link to a tutorial I wrote in my signature. If that tutorial is too much of a wall of text for you, Dresden Magnar made some youtube video tutorials on the topic that are still valid though slightly less detailed.
    Last edited by Genreless; May 31, 2019 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Gave the wrong name

Same for me,
    no matter which way I try, the mod Im making or trying to use anyone elses, will not show up IG.. gg wth

this also wont work... which blows my mind,
    all im doing is changing factions_tables data, for the color of LiuBei to be green like TaoQians..
    literally nothing changes?
    and PFM is saving database.pack as "release"
    .. literally deleting things out of the vanilla database.pack is doing nothing to the game as well, i give up

Game was installed in 2 locs, 1 on ssd, and 1 on hdd for god knows what reason...
    Open the mod's .pack & change its pack type to movie type pack & save. I've been using mods as move .pack type & it loads them.

Quote Originally Posted by Genreless View Post
    Red tables either are new and have never been decoded, are known to not have a proper schema (though these sometimes appear black), or have been modified.

The tables I just re-scrolled through are 'cdir_events_dilemma_*', 'cdir_events_incident_*', and 'cdir_events_mission_*'. I scrolled through the payloads table or the options table if payloads hadn't been decoded yet looking at the names of the events. They all start with '3k_*' except for one event that starts with 'debug_*'.

I'll add those tables to my priority list.

If you want to help with decoding schemas, I have included a link to a tutorial I wrote in my signature. If that tutorial is too much of a wall of text for you, Dresden made some youtube video tutorials on the topic that are still valid though slightly less detailed.
    Thanks for the reply,
    yeah that link is quite the wall of text, i know a thing or 2 ab hex so its possible i can get into this (tmrw)
    I tried looking for Desdens video , is this it ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfW7kYN8u-k
    cuz this guy makes it look so easy lol
    Last edited by Havie; May 31, 2019 at 11:38 PM.

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod

Sorry, you're right, I meant Magnar's videos, which is what you found. For some reason I always get Magnar and Dresden's names confused when trying to remember who made the tutorial videos. As far as the hex goes, you typically don't have to look at the hex code. Typically the data display at the bottom is enough to tell you what data type something probably is. The only times I've had to look at the hex recently is for figuring out some errors where a boolean was inserted next to numbers that caused things to not make sense since they were off by a few bytes or when an integer was a mixture of four booleans/optstrings in a row.

Schema 134 is out now! Rejoice those who were looking to mod character death ages, 'character_death_distributions_tables' and 'character_death_distribution_points_tables' have been decoded! Full change log available in the schema update thread. Thanks to Havie for his contribution!

Edit: Also, for Limith, who was looking to mod things related to adoption, marriage, and the like, the 'campaign_payload_*' tables are now decoded.
    Last edited by Genreless; June 01, 2019 at 06:18 AM.

Geniuswas's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Genreless View Post
    Schema 134 is out now! Rejoice those who were looking to mod character death ages, 'character_death_distributions_tables' and 'character_death_distribution_points_tables' have been decoded!
    Refreshing the thread daily just to see this! I'm on the case!

Edit: Alright I'm stumped, anybody know how to read this? The probability distribution provided in this table makes no sense.
    Last edited by Geniuswas; June 01, 2019 at 07:34 AM.

It appears the id column in cdir_events_dilemmas_option_junctions_tables and cdir_events_dilemma_payloads_tables are required to be unique.
    Im concerned that this id # migggght correlate to something somewhere else in the db, as in a key value for something? as im brand new to the decoding situation, could you or someone how knows these things possibly check it out @genreless ?

I suspected it would maybe be a key for the cdir_events_dilemma_choice_details_tables but maybe not?

I remember having to assign random ass long ID ints in past TWs but never understood why? I think the building chains in S2 needed this
    Last edited by Havie; June 01, 2019 at 08:54 AM.

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod

Quote Originally Posted by Geniuswas View Post
    Refreshing the thread daily just to see this! I'm on the case!

Edit: Alright I'm stumped, anybody know how to read this? The probability distribution provided in this table makes no sense.
    under
    char death dsitribution points
    looks like
    age is on the far left. and probability is on the far right.

The only two sections that actually seem to make sense are :

Tao Qaian dies between 63-65 100%

Standard_death_distribution
    0-5 3% chance to die
    6-15 2% chance to die
    15-50 0% chance to die
    60-70 15% chance
    70-80 20%
    80-90 50%
    90-130 75%
    130 100% death

Then looking at the romance death distribution i am just going to assume its wrong? because i had characters dying at age 60 and it says 0%
    says 70 is 15% so? going to assume thats wrong.
    Also going to assume somewhere in the character creation certain chars like HuangZhong are set to use the

3k_romance_death_distribution_long_life

however without assemblykit its hard to track down where its used.
    Taking a guess its used here maybe?

character_generation_templates_tables

tried decoding it but failed hard

hope this helps
    Last edited by Havie; June 01, 2019 at 03:13 PM.

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod

under
    looks like

0-5 3% chance to die
    6-15 2% chance to die
    15-50 0% chance to die
    60-70 15% chance
    70-80 20%
    80-90 50%
    90-130 75%
    130 100% death

Then looking at the romance death distribution i am just going to assume its wrong? because i had characters dying at age 60 and it says 0%
    says 70 is 15% so? going to assume thats wrong.
    Also going to assume somewhere in the character creation certain chars like HuangZhong are set to use the

3k_romance_death_distribution_long_life

however without assemblykit its hard to track down where its used.
    Taking a guess its used here maybe?

character_generation_templates_tables

tried decoding it but failed hard

hope this helps
    I interpreted it as each character has the listed probability of dying each turn starting from the age listed on the probability until they reach a new threshold. The probability might be per year rather than per turn though. I'm looking through 'character_generation_template_game_mode_details_tables' right now (which I just decoded), and it looks like only Huang Zhong is listed as using the long life distribution by default. The character_generation_*_tables were on my priority list already, I just didn't get to them by 134's release.

It appears the id column in cdir_events_dilemmas_option_junctions_tables and cdir_events_dilemma_payloads_tables are required to be unique.
    Im concerned that this id # migggght correlate to something somewhere else in the db, as in a key value for something? as im brand new to the decoding situation, could you or someone how knows these things possibly check it out @genreless ?

I suspected it would maybe be a key for the cdir_events_dilemma_choice_details_tables but maybe not?

I remember having to assign random ass long ID ints in past TWs but never understood why? I think the building chains in S2 needed this
    The id columns are currently assumed to be the autonumbers assigned by the assembly kit to rows. I believe this because numbers that large almost always come from there and are always 8 bytes long (typically with the last four bytes being 0). I have never seen them referenced in another table, but they are always required to be unique in the table they are in because they are used to establish the uniqueness of rows in the table. In the assembly kit they are also never modifiable. It's definitely not a key for 'cdir_events_dilemma_choice_details_tables' since those numbers are encoded as strings and table references never change data types.

Thanks for your reply,
    is it possible we are missing tables somehow? like we cant even see them?

Theres just alot of things that arent adding up for me in 3k.

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod

Not that we can change, pack files have a list of all the tables in them at the start and their format hasn't changed. There are always a few implicit hard-coded tables, some of which are visible in the assembly kit, but not placed in a pack file, some of which we only know exist due to assembly kit references. These tend to correspond to hard-coded values (strings) that the game looks for in tables. Anything we can change we should already be able to see the tables for in the pack file, whether they are empty or not right now.

Geniuswas's Avatar Civis

under
    looks like

0-5 3% chance to die
    6-15 2% chance to die
    15-50 0% chance to die
    60-70 15% chance
    70-80 20%
    80-90 50%
    90-130 75%
    130 100% death
    The Tao Qian probability makes the most sense, a scripted death for a character that starts the campaign already very old and historically died several years after.

However, if we interpret the rest of the table the same way it makes no sense. Clearly, the majority of characters are dying within the 50-60 age bracket yet that pertains an unlikely (or 0% impossible chance) to die? Furthermore I don't think they would make 130 a maximum, 80/90 years old is already unrealistic for this historical era, and from general gameplay it seems the upper limit is some 70-80 number.
    Sun Jian Campaign 223 turns, oldest global character is 73.
    Yuan Shao Campaign 70 turns, oldest global character is 63.

Schema 135 is out now! Thanks to Havie for his contributions! The full change list is available in the schema support thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Geniuswas View Post
    The Tao Qian probability makes the most sense, a scripted death for a character that starts the campaign already very old and historically died several years after.

However, if we interpret the rest of the table the same way it makes no sense. Clearly, the majority of characters are dying within the 50-60 age bracket yet that pertains an unlikely (or 0% impossible chance) to die? Furthermore I don't think they would make 130 a maximum, 80/90 years old is already unrealistic for this historical era, and from general gameplay it seems the upper limit is some 70-80 number.
    Sun Jian Campaign 223 turns, oldest global character is 73.
    Yuan Shao Campaign 70 turns, oldest global character is 63.
    Yeah- there is def something that is wrong here, and someone made a mod changing all the values to 100 years and 0% and chars still dying. So

Btw
    is there no ESF editor for 3k yet?

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast