Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PFM 5.2 - Three Kingdoms Support

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Default Re: PFM 5.2 - Three Kingdoms Support

Quote Originally Posted by apw2 View Post
    Got my fingers crossed that the DB section will become available soon, hoping to be able to increase the number of armies everyone can have.
    The new variable for this is 3k_main_effect_progression_effect_armies. You change how many armies you start out with (and get at each rank) via effect_bundles_to_effects_junction. The increases to army limit that come from skills can be found via character_skill_level_to_effects_junctions.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by McCarronXLD View Post
    The new variable for this is 3k_main_effect_progression_effect_armies. You change how many armies you start out with (and get at each rank) via effect_bundles_to_effects_junction. The increases to army limit that come from skills can be found via character_skill_level_to_effects_junctions.
    I love you.

Miles

Is there a known way to increase the number of men under each general via PFM? I've noticed the number of men in a squad is missing from the main_units_table. I feel a max of 3000 men per side in a battle in china is very unrealistic considering the armies they used to be able to put together.

land_units_templates_tables appears to control the number and ratio of men in a unit. As far as units per retinue or generals per army, I don't know.

Miles

I'm glad they removed the need to edit the Mounts column when you adjust the unit number for cavalry units.

Anyone figure out how to edit a faction's traits? It looks like adding a trait in effects_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables just adds to the traits on the faction select screen but doesn't actually do anything. My suspicion is that it might be under one of the new minister tables, but thats just a guess.

sadly faction traits is locked into the actual character trait effects >_< besides for a handful like the yellow turbans and Ma Teng. You can work around it atm by creating multiple copies for each of the faction ranks like 3k_main_bundle_faction_rank_cao_cao_1 3k_main_bundle_faction_rank_cao_cao_2 and so on.

Anyone know how to disable women characters from becoming generals? And no, I'm not a misogynist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerzaks View Post
    sadly faction traits is locked into the actual character trait effects >_< besides for a handful like the yellow turbans and Ma Teng. You can work around it atm by creating multiple copies for each of the faction ranks like 3k_main_bundle_faction_rank_cao_cao_1 3k_main_bundle_faction_rank_cao_cao_2 and so on.
    Yep thats what i modded to make my Cao Cao boost & Zheng Jiang boost mods. Problem i have is that if i do that for Yellow Turban factions it'll boost all 3 of the yellow turban factions since they appear to share the same rank thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral TW View Post
    Anyone know how to disable women characters from becoming generals? And no, I'm not a misogynist.
    Yes please.
    Alot of people who ask for this will inevitably be misogynist.
    But I just hate historical revisionism based on modern sensibilities, it is a very simple rationale yet there is so much controversy surrounding them.

Preferably it should only be removed from non outlaw and non yellow turban factions.

I also find it way too easy to adopt outsiders and declare them as heir, alot of famous faction quickly lost their family lineages to godknowns who. Is there a something that modifies adoption and heir requirements?

Schema 129 is out. It is a fairly minor update compared to 128. It decodes a few more tables and names columns in some, but not all, tables from 128.

Any news on EditSF? It actually works somewhat but it seems its unable to find the specific values like umber of Unit cards under 1 general or number of generals allowed in a single army (as apw2 also explained).

Honestly the only one I would really care about is the number of Unit cards under a character as I believe 3 leaders to be more than enough for one army.

Having 40 stack armies in previous games REALLY made the AI play better and get caught out less since they could field a larger more balanced army.

Also the DB table "Campaign_difficulty_handicap" would really help me with editing how the games difficulty flows, so If anyone has a decode for that I would be beyond grateful.

Civis

You can increase unit size now. By the way, it would be nice if we can access Special_Ability_Phases_Table.

Quote Originally Posted by Srisiam View Post
    You can increase unit size now. By the way, it would be nice if we can access Special_Ability_Phases_Table.
    I'll throw it on my priority list for decoding schemas.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoneKek View Post
    Any news on EditSF? It actually works somewhat but it seems its unable to find the specific values like umber of Unit cards under 1 general or number of generals allowed in a single army (as apw2 also explained).

Honestly the only one I would really care about is the number of Unit cards under a character as I believe 3 leaders to be more than enough for one army.

Having 40 stack armies in previous games REALLY made the AI play better and get caught out less since they could field a larger more balanced army.

Also the DB table "Campaign_difficulty_handicap" would really help me with editing how the games difficulty flows, so If anyone has a decode for that I would be beyond grateful.
    I don't have a reference to help with any esf file problems yet. What exactly is going wrong? Can you not find the values? Are you reaching an apparent dead-end directory while looking for the values (I mean a directory that apparently has no data and no sub-directories)?

I'll also throw Campaign_difficulty_handicap on my priority list for decoding schemas.

Here is the screenshot of what I am looking for, the values should be under "COMPRESSED_DATA\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL"

the line that says 40 on the right is from ROME II and it is tied to the stack size unit limit.

I cant seem to find the exact value in Three Kingdoms on the left as editing the 21 and 14 crashes the game.

https://imgur.com/a/0D5uNYP?

My bad here is the link to the screenshot I took of the relevant information

That looks like editSF is opening the file properly. I have to assume that something is going wrong between your modifications and what the game is looking for if Three Kingdoms is crashing since all the data in that directory is properly matching up to known data types in editSF.

Schema 130 is out now. It features another ~350 lines of community contributed schemas, all the tables I've had specifically requested, and more labeled columns.

Quote Originally Posted by Genreless View Post
    That looks like editSF is opening the file properly. I have to assume that something is going wrong between your modifications and what the game is looking for if Three Kingdoms is crashing since all the data in that directory is properly matching up to known data types in editSF.
    My point being is that those 2 values are not the right ones, I can't find anything linked to retinue size which sucks. In Rome II and Warhammer Total War all you had to do was go in there and change the 2 20 values to 40 in order to enable 40 unit stacks but unfortunately I have found no way to do that with this game as none of those values work.

There are 3 generals per army, each general can have 6 unit cards for a total of 21 units if you count the generals.

I simply want to make that either 6 generals per army or make it 12 unit cards per general.

So I would imagine that those values would be 3 and 6.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast