Thread: Edit Legendary Character's 5 Stats (Expertise, Cunning, Instinct etc...)

Default Edit Legendary Character's 5 Stats (Expertise, Cunning, Instinct etc...)

For this to work you need to edit 2 tables:

character_generation_template_game_mode_details_tables
    https://postimg.cc/PLnsh5fP

character_attributes_tables
    https://postimg.cc/qhgG58fn

character_attribute_sets_tables

Start with character_attributes_tables:

1)You need to create a new attribute set by naming it differently from the rest
    example:
    -I created a new set named "3k_main_attribute_set_general_sunsun_romance" just for me to identify its for Sun Jian campaign

-Create individual rows for each attributes. Note: "resolve" and "resolve_records" are for two different campaign modes

-Put desired value (ex: 70/200)
    ​​

2) Open character_attribute_set_tables

- create a new row for your new set and name it "3k_main_attribute_set_general_sunsun_romance"

Example:

3) Point your character to your new attribute set by going to "character_generation_template_game_mode_details_tables"

For this example I went straight to row 1101 because I want to edit Sun Jian. Note: There are two rows for each character for "records" and "romance" mode.

Edit the 9th Colum and name it to your new attribute set from Step 2.

Example:

You should be able to create multiple attribute set combinations for each faction with each character. Enjoy!

Default Re: Edit Legendary Character's 5 Stats (Expertise, Cunning, Instinct etc...)

Exaggerated the edit on this one so you can tell the difference.
    Last edited by Leonardo; July 18, 2019 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Bolding removed.

Default Re: Edit Legendary Character's 5 Stats (Expertise, Cunning, Instinct etc...)

Hey, adding to this, do you know if it's possible to change a general's age? If so, how do we do it?

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

EditSF throws the error "An item with the same key has already been added" repeatedly. Bizarrely enough, this only occurs after a certain point in the save in terms of game progression - worked fine with a fresh and sub-turn 10 save. Anybody else encountered this before?

Nice- this is a better way to do this- i was simply adding stats to the unique character skill nodes.

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod

Quote Originally Posted by Toastedsnow View Post
    EditSF throws the error "An item with the same key has already been added" repeatedly. Bizarrely enough, this only occurs after a certain point in the save in terms of game progression - worked fine with a fresh and sub-turn 10 save. Anybody else encountered this before?
    How are you getting editSF to give error messages? ive never seen it? oO

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Great work! And thanks for putting together this tutorial.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by Havie View Post
    How are you getting editSF to give error messages? ive never seen it? oO
    Dunno. All I can tell you is that it repeatedly throws this same error at some point after ~20 or so turns. The exact number of turns is rather inconsistent but I've come to just accept that once I go past turn 20 or so in my games, I will not be able to open anything in the "compressed data" section, let alone mess around with it.

It is worth mentioning that I'm running a modded game, though considering that my mods are mostly graphical or minor gameplay edits (such as extending the number of months per season, unlocking formations, or your own "commanding skill" mod) I can't imagine them changing anything that would cause the vast majority of the save file to be completely unreadable.
    The error would suggest that editSF has an issue with duplicate entries...however, what exactly the issue is, I cannot fathom. It can't be character templates, every hero category uses the same ones and I don't have anything modifying uniques. It surely can't be ancillaries because getting duplicates of those is 100% possible in vanilla gameplay. Even uniques, though you can't get multiple copies (or at least I don't think you can), are still present multiple times over in the save file because the compressed data subset records everything. So if I took say, Liu Bei's swords, there'd still be at least two entries - one early one where Liu Bei has it and then one later one where I have it, plus however many for how often they changed hands.

Here's my save file if you're curious - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1d7...9IzzQ2BvGdcc3X

If the link gives you issues, let me know and I'll wonk it somewhere else.

Nice way to do it but i was wondering if there was a way to edit the amount of attributes given to a general via their title. For example if i want Sun Jian's title "Tiger of Jiandong" to also give him +20 Resolve in addition to his other attributes. Which file should i edit?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by alkaalam View Post
    Nice way to do it but i was wondering if there was a way to edit the amount of attributes given to a general via their title. For example if i want Sun Jian's title "Tiger of Jiandong" to also give him +20 Resolve in addition to his other attributes. Which file should i edit?
    Perhaps you should post a new thread here or read these two threads.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...trait-triggers
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...eir-attributes
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Thank you for the help

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

You're welcome.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.