Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PFM 5.2 - Three Kingdoms Support

Default PFM 5.2 - Three Kingdoms Support

PFM 5.2.0 is out now. It implements support for Total War: Three Kingdoms into Pack File Manager. Thanks to the community members that provided the information necessary to implement the support. Since none of the PFM team currently has a copy of Three Kingdoms, we aren't able to decode any tables ourselves yet and appreciate any contributions the community makes to decoding the table schemas going forward. For those interested in helping decode schemas, I have included a link to a tutorial I wrote in my signature.

For people interested in what the initial posts in this thread were responding to, I have left the original text of this post in the following spoiler tag.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I'm starting work on support for Three Kingdoms in Pack File Manager. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to confirm any members of the PFM team who own a copy of the game yet, so I'll be reliant on the community for the information necessary to implement support in PFM. Hopefully this thread survives the move from Three Kingdoms being in the upcoming titles section to being its own sub-forum.

Un-obtained necessary information for initial Three Kingdoms support:
    1. The header version of the pack files. This is a four-byte ascii string found at the start of each pack file. If it is still "PFH4" or "PFH5" that's sufficient information for me to know. If the number has increased, I will need copies of a few pack files in order to determine how the header format has changed.
    2. The location of the script folder: This is typically located in "C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\%The game's name%". We only need to know the spelling/capitalization used by CA for the folder name indicated by %The game's name%. I believe this particular information is a bit of legacy support used back in the days of Empire/Napoleon when it was necessary to manually add mods to the script files in that folder to get them to load, but I prefer to maintain support even if few people use it.

Preferred information for Three Kingdoms support:
    1. A copy of the "maxVersions_TW3K.xml" file that will be generated automatically the first time Three Kingdoms is selected in PFM by someone with Three Kingdoms installed once initial support is added. This tells PFM what schema versions each table is meant to use for a game when creating tables from scratch. It's not strictly necessary since PFM can auto-generate it but I prefer to have all the schema files included in the schemas rather than requiring everyone to generate them themselves and go through those popups.

Other than those three things, I think I have all the information needed to implement support. The only caveat is that I can't provide schema updates myself since I don't have a copy of the game files yet. If anyone wants to help provide schema updates for the community, I have written a tutorial on decoding table schemas, which is linked in my signature, and they can be submitted to the schema support thread, which is also linked in my signature.

Thanks to anyone who helps contribute to getting Three Kingdoms support in PFM!
    Last edited by Genreless; May 24, 2019 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Reflecting current state of Three Kingdoms support

Default Re: PFM 5.2 - Three Kingdoms Support

Where exactly would I find this "four-byte ascii string"

The name of the script folder path is

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\ThreeKingdoms\scripts

Quote Originally Posted by Genreless View Post
    I'm starting work on support for Three Kingdoms in Pack File Manager. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to confirm any members of the PFM team who own a copy of the game yet, so I'll be reliant on the community for the information necessary to implement support in PFM. Hopefully this thread survives the move from Three Kingdoms being in the upcoming titles section to being its own sub-forum.

Un-obtained necessary information for initial Three Kingdoms support:
    1. The header version of the pack files. This is a four-byte ascii string found at the start of each pack file. If it is still "PFH4" or "PFH5" that's sufficient information for me to know. If the number has increased, I will need copies of a few pack files in order to determine how the header format has changed.
    2. The location of the script folder: This is typically located in "C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\%The game's name%". We only need to know the spelling/capitalization used by CA for the folder name indicated by %The game's name%. I believe this particular information is a bit of legacy support used back in the days of Empire/Napoleon when it was necessary to manually add mods to the script files in that folder to get them to load, but I prefer to maintain support even if few people use it.
    1. PFH5
    2. The Creative Assembly\ThreeKingdoms
    Took a SS of it, here you go, in case you need to see it with your own eyes

Thanks to the community I have recieved enough information to release a preliminary release of PFM 5.2.0, which is out now. I anticipate the rest of the updates to complete Three Kingdoms's support will come through schema updates. Since I don't have a copy of the game I can't verify everything is bug-free, but everything I have been told indicates that the logic Three Kingdoms uses is identical to Warhammer 2's logic. I would appreciate it if the community reported any bugs they might find and contributed the "maxVersions_TW3K.xml" that is still missing so the schemas can be completed. I would also appreciate any community contributions to decoding Three Kingdoms' table schemas.

That looks right. I'll throw it into the release zip so other people won't have to keep re-generating it. Thanks!

A ton of tables is still not editable, especially some really important ones, they are all blue/ red

Yes, as I originally wrote in the first post, (then accidentally edited out and have now edited back in for clarity) none of the PFM team currently has Three Kingdoms so we don't have copies of the pack files to use as references for decoding tables. If you want to open tables in PFM that have changed in Three Kingdoms, I have written a tutorial on how to decode them that is linked in my signature. If you prefer a video, Magnar has some decent videos on his youtube channel that walk you through the process, though they do miss a few things (which are mostly reliant on the Assembly Kit, which I don't think is out yet, so it ought to be comparable in the short-term). We also appreciate anyone who shares any table schemas they decode so the rest of the community can also use them.

Btw any news if EditSF will be updated for this game, I would love to try and make each character able to have 8 or 10 retinue capacity each. Kind of like what was possible with the 40 stack edit in other titles using EditSF.

I honestly know almost nothing about EditSF. The last fix to it was provided by a community member who figured out the necessary changes himself. That being said, I can try to fix it if it doesn't work. Can you confirm whether EditSF is working with Three Kingdoms still or does it need changing? If it needs changing I will need a copy of the files that need to be able to be edited forwarded to me since I don't have copies of them myself.

Is there a new updated schema for three kingdmos, i specifically need updated tables for projectiles and main units. I ask because Radious published his first release that includes edits to these tables. I assume he is using PFM.

I am currently working on verifying some schemas provided by a community member to use as our first schema update. I could not tell you what Radious used. If he used PFM he didn't share his schemas with us.

Ah well, not sharing, how great "cough patreon sucks for modding cough" Are you helping to do the new PFM updates? sorry last time I helped with schema was like WH1 XD I could try to give a hand at least with the important tables, ill contact you on steam.
    Last edited by WakelessREX; May 24, 2019 at 09:47 PM.

It might not be that he didn't share, but that he shared with the RPFM team since they seem to have the more active community when it comes to schema contributors. I don't know whether they had a limited release build for Three Kingdoms support prior to launch despite releasing it after us. I am the current programmer working on PFM and tend to do the majority of our schema releases also.

Its also possible that he recieved a pre release copy of the modding tools, or doesnt use any of these things. However I dont think RPFM is up to date with those tables, projetiles, and main units. I know Frodo and the latest release doesnt cover these things.
    My comment about patreon wasnt specifically aimed at radious though, just something ive noticed with the modding communitty as a whole since Patreon and the like has taken over much of it (in my opinion a very bad thing for shared communitty effort and mods overall.

I see what help I can provide.

Schema 127 is out now. It features some schemas contributed by the community for Three Kingdoms and revised by me where possible to label the columns. It should automatically download for those who have the auto-updater enabled. I will also continue working on more schema updates for Three Kingdoms since a community member gave me a decent reference for many of the most critical Three Kingdoms tables. I will try to get out at least one schema update a day until all the tables at least open but I don't think I will get much done Saturday since my family already had plans. As always, further community schema contributions are greatly appreciated and thanks to those who have already contributed.
    Last edited by Genreless; May 24, 2019 at 10:38 PM. Reason: added a blurb about the auto-updater

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Genreless View Post
    I honestly know almost nothing about EditSF. The last fix to it was provided by a community member who figured out the necessary changes himself. That being said, I can try to fix it if it doesn't work. Can you confirm whether EditSF is working with Three Kingdoms still or does it need changing? If it needs changing I will need a copy of the files that need to be able to be edited forwarded to me since I don't have copies of them myself.

I believe this does not work, at least I can't get it working.

Schema 128 is out now. It's a bit sloppier than usual since I copied in a lot of community contributions at the end without time to verify them, but it shouldn't be noticeable to most users (other than more unknown columns). Thanks to Guinden and WakelessREX who have been doing a lot to contribute to getting the schemas decoded!

Miles

Got my fingers crossed that the DB section will become available soon, hoping to be able to increase the number of armies everyone can have.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoneKek View Post
    Btw any news if EditSF will be updated for this game, I would love to try and make each character able to have 8 or 10 retinue capacity each. Kind of like what was possible with the 40 stack edit in other titles using EditSF.
    Ignore my previous comment, the EditSF does actually work for three kingdoms. However, i dont believe it has the complexity to cater for the fact it's 3 generals with units in one army. Where it used to show the 20 & 20 fields you could change to upto 40 to increase the army sizes, these are blank for Three Kingdom saved games.

Previously in EditSF you could go in and individually change the size of a unit, that doesn't look to be possible any longer.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast