Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PFM 5.2 - Three Kingdoms Support

Default Re: PFM 5.2 - Three Kingdoms Support

I'm guessing the character action effects/requirements haven't been decoded yet? Unless this is specified somewhere in the lua. I read the lua files but they seem to reference things in the DB. I did see the UI entry was updated but it only affects the UI.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

still not able to launch mods dont seem to be coming through, its definitely saved as unicode
    Last edited by The Roman Republic; May 29, 2019 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Genreless View Post
    It would help if you could send the full error text and what version of Windows you are running. The first difference I think of between PFM 5.0 and newer is the autoupdater technically now requires .NET 4.5. You might want to try going to Microsoft's website and manually downloading the newest version of the .NET framework. If that doesn't work, I believe that you can tell PFM 5.0 that Three Kingdoms is your Warhammer 2 installation and it should mostly work (I think) though the schema updates still won't download automatically since the auto-updater no longer works on PFM 5.0 and earlier.
    No luck. Updated to the most recent version of .NET (4.8) and still getting that error. The full error message is attached. I'm running Windows 10.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-05-29.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	358319

edit: Tricking PFM 5.0 into thinking that 3K is Warhammer 2 seems to somewhat work, though it is of course not an ideal solution. Thanks for the tip! Hopefully there's a way to make sense of this error message I'm getting...
    Last edited by Iaius Statius Laurentius; May 29, 2019 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Roman Republic View Post
    still not able to launch mods dont seem to be coming through, its definitely saved as unicode
    Does it work for you if you save the user.script.txt coded as ANSI, instead of unicode?

Another temporary solution could be that you change the mod-type of your custom .pack file. Open PFM > File > Change Pack Type > Choose "Movie" instead of the normal "Mod" type. Then choose File > Save. "Movie" type .pack files load automatically if they are placed within the TW data folder. "Mod" type .pack files need an entry in the user.script.txt or load with a Mod Manager/CA Launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by limith View Post
    I'm guessing the character action effects/requirements haven't been decoded yet? Unless this is specified somewhere in the lua. I read the lua files but they seem to reference things in the DB. I did see the UI entry was updated but it only affects the UI.
    I can't find a table with that kind of name in either the current pack file or past games' pack files. Do you mean the character_assignment_effects_tables? If you do, those are already decoded.

I can't find a table with that kind of name in either the current pack file or past games' pack files. Do you mean the character_assignment_effects_tables? If you do, those are already decoded.
    I basically want to be able to update what adoption, marriage character actions effects and conditions are (restrict adoption candidates, potentially write my own marriage system in lua to go around the bugs in the base game) but I'm not sure if it is possible. I do see there are some tables like campaign_group_character_actions_table and campaign_group_member_criteria_character_actions_table which are red and can't be opened. I did find the ui_character_actions_table (which works). Might also be under the cdir tables since the lua script that was governing these seem to reference cdir (no idea what that means) or the character_relationship_* tables. Or maybe it doesn't exist.

Unrelated, for ministerial positions, I see there are tables but they can't be loaded as they are null.
    Last edited by limith; May 29, 2019 at 10:58 PM.

In the past I would say look at the political_actions tables, but they are empty now. If I had to guess, I'd say they are in a mixture of the cai_diplomacy and campaign_diplomacy tables now, but I haven't decoded them yet if you want to try decoding them yourself. Unfortunately, I think I will be stuck working on tables that apply more immediately to the campaign (eg: units, abilities, and characters) than the diplomacy tables for a while.

cdir stands for campaign director and has to do with the ai.

For the ministerial positions_tables, 1 is decoded (black), 4 have never been decoded (red), 2 were decoded for prior games but not for Three Kingdoms yet (I assume these are what you mean by "are null") (black, but throw an error when you try opening them), and one is empty (blue).
    Last edited by Genreless; May 29, 2019 at 11:51 PM.

Geniuswas's Avatar Civis

Anyone know which values define the age at which characters begin to die due to old age? I notice many legendary characters start dying off due to natural causes around 50+ years old, would like to adjust this to get a few more decades out of them.

Already checked campaign_variables where a lot of family/age values are defined but no such luck with a 'maximum age'.

Quote Originally Posted by Geniuswas View Post
    Anyone know which values define the age at which characters begin to die due to old age? I notice many legendary characters start dying off due to natural causes around 50+ years old, would like to adjust this to get a few more decades out of them.

Already checked campaign_variables where a lot of family/age values are defined but no such luck with a 'maximum age'.
    will be a legit mod, very sad losing Guan Yu and Zhang Fei to old age last campaign.. 60 years young

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod

It might be in "character_generation_spawn_age_ranges_tables," but I haven't verified what the numbers in that table correspond to.

It might be a bit of a long shot since it's still early days without even having workshop support, but has anyone figured out how the Romance hero units like Huang Zhong work with having a bow and a melee weapon? Unlike in Warhammer 2 for example, he isn't listed as having a missile weapon in the land_units_table, but he still has one. I've been trying to work on an early mod to add bows to heroes, since quite a lot of these folks were spectacular archers in ROTK. I can give a bow to say, Guan Yu, and he can use it, but I can't find where to give him the 360 firing arc like Huang Zhong has. The variantmesh files also seem a bit weird for this game, I tried giving him a bow for his back but couldn't do that, either, and comparing Huang Zhong's variantmesh definition file to Guan Yu's, there's not a lot of difference.

If anyone knows which table controls people like Huang Zhong and Taishi Ci having bows and controlling their firing arcs, let me know!

Geniuswas's Avatar Civis

It might be in "character_generation_spawn_age_ranges_tables," but I haven't verified what the numbers in that table correspond to.
    Yeah that table is weird, seems to define random character spawn chances to fit in to 3 age ranges; young (18-30 years), middle (30-45) or old (45-80). At least from here we know the 'old' range is between 45-80, so every character above 45 years has a chance to die due to old age? Doesn't have anywhere to change the limits of those values.

Quote Originally Posted by Iaius Statius Laurentius View Post
    No luck. Updated to the most recent version of .NET (4.8) and still getting that error. The full error message is attached. I'm running Windows 10.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-05-29.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	358319

edit: Tricking PFM 5.0 into thinking that 3K is Warhammer 2 seems to somewhat work, though it is of course not an ideal solution. Thanks for the tip! Hopefully there's a way to make sense of this error message I'm getting...
    From what the error message says, it sounds like your newer versions of PFM are failing to locate the ObjectListView.dll that should be included in all the PFM release zip files. I can only recommend trying to re-extract the newer versions of PFM, possibly in a different folder. If that doesn't work, copying the ObjectListView.dll from the folder of your old PFM installation to the folder of your new PFM installation might help.

First off,
    Thanks for ur work on PFM community!

So I am trying to work w writing some new historical events, and that involves digging into the LUA language, I am familiar with java and a little C++ so i should be able to figure this out.
    However, I think im lacking access to info when trying to hunt this all down, maybe a PFM decode issue.

Here is the LUA code im looking at, with the parts needed highlighted

start_historical_mission_listener( "3k_main_faction_liu_bei", -- faction key
    "3k_main_objective_liu_bei_01a", -- mission key
    "CONTROL_N_REGIONS_INCLUDING", -- objective type
    {
    "total 1",
    "region 3k_main_donghai_capital"
    }, -- conditions (single string or table of strings)
    {
    "effect_bundle{bundle_key 3k_main_historical_mission_payload_01;turns 5;}"
    }, -- mission rewards (table of strings)
    "ScriptEventLiuBeiHistoricalMission01Trigger", -- trigger event
    "ScriptEventLiuBeiHistoricalMission01Complete" -- completion event
    )

The Green seems to be related to the database table effect_budles_to_effects_junctions_tables which s fine,

then Red is what I cant find, assuming its for the event_table but Its blue in PFM and I cant seem to access it, guessing this hasnt been decoded?

If not can i get it added to the list of things to decode? How can i help?
    Last edited by Havie; May 30, 2019 at 08:17 PM.

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Achilles (2018) mod

How do I upload new schemas for the community?
    Last edited by limith; May 30, 2019 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havie View Post
    First off,
    Thanks for ur work on PFM community!

So I am trying to work w writing some new historical events, and that involves digging into the LUA language, I am familiar with java and a little C++ so i should be able to figure this out.
    However, I think im lacking access to info when trying to hunt this all down, maybe a PFM decode issue.

Here is the LUA code im looking at, with the parts needed highlighted

The Green seems to be related to the database table effect_budles_to_effects_junctions_tables which s fine,

then Red is what I cant find, assuming its for the event_table but Its blue in PFM and I cant seem to access it, guessing this hasnt been decoded?

If not can i get it added to the list of things to decode? How can i help?
    Blue tables exist, but have no data in them. This most frequently happens when CA changes how they want to store data but can't risk removing the table entirely.
    As for the red file you can't find, I haven't seen any events that start with "script" in tables yet (though I haven't been scrolling to the bottom of the events lists to look for things that don't start with "3k_"). I would assume that called another script, but I didn't find it during a cursory glance through the scripts.

How do I upload new schemas for the community?
    To contribute new schemas for the community, please post them in the schema support thread (there is a link in my signature). Schemas posted there will be added to the next schema I release.

I basically want to be able to update what adoption, marriage character actions effects and conditions are (restrict adoption candidates, potentially write my own marriage system in lua to go around the bugs in the base game) but I'm not sure if it is possible. I do see there are some tables like campaign_group_character_actions_table and campaign_group_member_criteria_character_actions_table which are red and can't be opened. I did find the ui_character_actions_table (which works). Might also be under the cdir tables since the lua script that was governing these seem to reference cdir (no idea what that means) or the character_relationship_* tables. Or maybe it doesn't exist.

Unrelated, for ministerial positions, I see there are tables but they can't be loaded as they are null.
    An addendum to my previous response about likely tables, I just found references to adoption, heirs, banishment, marriage, and divorce in 'campaign_group_character_actions_tables' and 'campaign_payloads_tables,' but neither had obvious controls for their behavior. There might be more in the other related tables I haven't looked at yet.

Schema 133 is out now! Thanks to TWBenedict and Swiss Halberdier for their contributions! The change list is available in the schema update thread.

From what the error message says, it sounds like your newer versions of PFM are failing to locate the ObjectListView.dll that should be included in all the PFM release zip files. I can only recommend trying to re-extract the newer versions of PFM, possibly in a different folder. If that doesn't work, copying the ObjectListView.dll from the folder of your old PFM installation to the folder of your new PFM installation might help.
    What a bizarre thing to happen! You are exactly correct -- for some reason I can't explain, I didn't have that dll in the folder but could pull it right out of the zip file for 5.2 and now everything works great.

Very confused how this even happened but glad to have it fixed. PFM seems to work just fine now. Thanks for the help!

Blue tables exist, but have no data in them. This most frequently happens when CA changes how they want to store data but can't risk removing the table entirely.
    As for the red file you can't find, I haven't seen any events that start with "script" in tables yet (though I haven't been scrolling to the bottom of the events lists to look for things that don't start with "3k_"). I would assume that called another script, but I didn't find it during a cursory glance through the scripts.
    Hmm thanks for the reply,
    so Where on earth could this be pointing?
    Maybe the "event_feed_target_events_tables" that is red for me in PFM, what does that mean? not decoded yet?

What events are you referring to scrolling through?

there doesnt appear to be any scripts for this anywhere under the "script" section under data.pack. Which would make more sense as you would think this would require more LUA coding.
    Last edited by Havie; May 31, 2019 at 11:01 AM.

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast