Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PFM 5.2 - Three Kingdoms Support

Default Re: PFM 5.2 - Three Kingdoms Support

I've opened and browsed Three Kingdoms' esf files with PFM already. I'm not the most knowledgeable about them, but everything looked like it was being read just fine. Have you had any problems accessing something?

Schema 136 is out now! Thanks to limith for their contributions! The full change list can be found in the schema support thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Genreless View Post
    I've opened and browsed Three Kingdoms' esf files with PFM already. I'm not the most knowledgeable about them, but everything looked like it was being read just fine. Have you had any problems accessing something?
    yea i had the wrong version, my bad

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod

Dear Genreless.

I have run into a fairly annoying bug with PFM.

When selecting a whole bunch of cells(same column) and applying an expression to them, only about 25-50% gets it applied right away:

Then I need to proceed to individually select every cell that is still white(which is a hassle as it goes something like: didn't change, didn't change, changed, didn't change, changed, 5X didn't change and so on). and re apply the same expression to just these cells.

after which a few more get the expression applied, and I need to proceed to do the same thing 5-15 more times.

I've tried this on a freshly downloaded version of PFM 5.2, the bug is there.

If you want to replicate it, I know for sure it happens when you select every units cell that is not 0 in the recruitment cost column of main_units_tables.

I'll include an image, but last time I tried posting an image here it doesn't show up for some reason.

https://ibb.co/xz9QjYB
    so instead I gave you the most detailed explanation I could + the link to the image

Love your program, keep up the great work

Thanks for your report. Unfortunately, I have failed to replicate it.

• When right clicking on the column header to select the column and applying the expression it correctly changes everything.
    • When right clicking on the column header to select the column and then deselecting all the zero values by ctrl-clicking them (and the blank cell at the bottom of the table, PFM crashes if you try applying an expression to that if the rest of the column isn't all selected), apply expression affects all the selected cells.
    • When manually selecting the non-zero cells by ordering the column, selecting the top non-zero entry and then shift-clicking the bottom non-zero entry to select the range in between, apply expression is still affecting all selected cells.

Are you sure that you had actually selected all of the cells you meant to edit and not accidentally deselected cells that you meant to edit?

I am certain I selected all cells I wanted to edit, as I sorted them first so all non zero's would be lined up, I then selected the top cell, shift clicked the last non zero cell and applied the expression.

After the expression was applied, all the ones I wanted to edit are still blue(selected), if I then click away from that column and see that only about 25% were changed(red) and that the rest is still white, to show they hadn't been changed.

The expression I used was "x * 0.75", so it should apply to each cell selected regardless.

I've also come across this problem multiple other times, but every time on this PC.

So I'll give it a go on a different PC with another fresh copy and let you know if I can replicate it there.

Thank you.

Hmm, that also only applied to some of the cells for me. I'll look into why that method only changes some of the cells when the methods I tried earlier changed all of them. I wouldn't expect a fix right away since I'm currently rather busy with real life and then I have to finish decoding the Three Kingdoms schemas, but I'll try to make that a priority when I get back to code fixes for PFM.

Edit: I have a probable suspect. I suspect that the table is being re-ordered as the expression is applied, resulting in the expression being applied multiple times to cells that get moved down in the table due to the sorting. This also causes some cells not to have the expression applied to them if they get sorted up past the row the expression is currently being applied to. This also causes the math to be wrong. For now, I would recommend not applying expressions to parts of sorted columns. Applying the expression to the whole sorted column via the column header appears to work properly.
    Last edited by Genreless; June 13, 2019 at 09:25 PM.

You're the best!
    I was about to tell you that it also happened on a different PC, but you managed to recreate it for yourself(which is 1000X better as a developer).

Don't worry about doing it ASAP as I am aware real life is a thing

I'll use your workaround or deal with the issue like I have been in the meantime.

Hi,
    Could somebody provide a download link for newest version? I couldnt find one anywhere.
    Last edited by Kepuli; August 12, 2019 at 02:03 PM.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/packfilemanager/

The link is also in the signature of every one of my posts. I plan on releasing a minor update to deal with a crash when the auto-updater can't connect to our repository, which for some reason it tried to do automatically the first time PFM was run on a new installation, and a schema update with a few new schemas that were directly requested of me that I promised to release if I didn't have my next main release done by today.

Since this is my first post here in a while, I'd also like to apologize for my sudden disappearance for a couple of months while in the middle of creating schemas for Three Kingdoms, I've been quite busy IRL between family obligations and looking for a job. When I have time, I'm working on finishing a tool to automatically parse schemas so I can release all the remaining ones quickly, but the time frame on that being done keeps slipping.

Icon12 Re: PFM 5.2 - Three Kingdoms Support

Quote Originally Posted by Genreless View Post
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/packfilemanager/

The link is also in the signature of every one of my posts. I plan on releasing a minor update to deal with a crash when the auto-updater can't connect to our repository, which for some reason it tried to do automatically the first time PFM was run on a new installation, and a schema update with a few new schemas that were directly requested of me that I promised to release if I didn't have my next main release done by today.

Since this is my first post here in a while, I'd also like to apologize for my sudden disappearance for a couple of months while in the middle of creating schemas for Three Kingdoms, I've been quite busy IRL between family obligations and looking for a job. When I have time, I'm working on finishing a tool to automatically parse schemas so I can release all the remaining ones quickly, but the time frame on that being done keeps slipping.
    Thank you for quick answer

PFM 5.2.1 is out now along with schema 137. PFM 5.2.1 resolves a potential crash when the auto-updater runs and fails to connect to the repository as well as making the auto-updater respect users' choice about whether it should run during PFM's first startup on a new install. Schema 137 is a minor update of tables I had decoded already or recently promised to release. I'm now going back to working on a tool to automatically decode un-decoded table schemas so I can do a bulk release of the undecoded schemas soon hopefully.

I cant modify projectiles tables, all I get is a grey box, I want to get rid of the nerf to towers caused by the latest patch, to make sieges suck less.

What are you doing when you try to edit that table? I just tried to open Three Kingdoms's vanilla projectiles_tables and it works fine for me.

Can you or someone please upload or email me PFM? Sourceforge.net is down right now.
    Thanks in advance.

PFM 5.2.2 and EditSF 1.2.2 are out now! They integrate a fix provided by Cobylee66 that allows for the opening of Three Kingdoms' latest esf files.

PFM 5.2.3 and EditSF 1.2.3 are out now.
    They fix an issue with the prior versions that made them unable to open save files from Warhammer 2 and Three Kingdoms. Because I only referenced four save files when checking my work, more issues may be found in the future as the new data types in the new esf format are slightly unusual and some assumptions were made about their format. I would appreciate it if people encountering problems with opening esf or save files report them and forward copies of the offending files so I can determine any inconsistencies in my assumptions about the file format.

PFM 5.2.4 and EditSF 1.2.4 are out now.
    They are yet another attempt to nail down the proper format of the new node type in esf and save files. As before, if you find a file that can't be opened with the new update please forward a copy so I can try to understand what is going wrong. Broken samples can be either attached to a post in this forum or sent to genreless@users.sourceforge.net.

Hi Genreless,

I am new modder and have already released a few mods onto the workshop. However, I am finding that some of the mods I make which change tables just end up doing nothing. I sent a simple one to your email since it says error when I try to attach here as an example which just changes the base age of some characters to make them a bit older.

Whenever I tried to open this with PFM it just gives an error message so I had to open it with RPFM to make sure the data is there, and it is, but again ingame it does nothing.

Do you know why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thank you!

That table is unfortunately one that I haven't found time to decode for the master schema yet (like many of the Three Kingdoms tables). The error happens because PFM is trying to use an older schema to open the table and only notices it can't open the table when you try to open it. I don't see anything obviously wrong with the pack file, so as for why the mod isn't doing anything, I can't say for sure but I would recommend trying to add a test second table to the mod that is obvious to see the changes from (like giving a unit ridiculous stats) so you can tell whether your problem is your changes not having the intended effect or if the pack file isn't being loaded for some reason. If the pack is being loaded and you aren't seeing your intended effects, I'd check whether you have any mods conflicting with that mod. If none of those are your problem, changing the birth age instead of the birth year might help, but I don't have any experience modding characters in 3K so I can't tell you whether that is your problem (it's unlikely). I've also heard that some character modding in 3K requires the official mod tools to do (I think that's mostly items/character starting equipment), but I don't think this is one of them.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast