Thread: Boii start?

Icon10 Boii start?

So it looks like we start with a single army, between Mediolanum and Patavium... has anyone gotten further than that? The Mediolanum region has some more mercenary options (Ligurian as well as Keltic mercenaries) but both towns will be coupled with their stationed armies to create an insurmountable force (I'm no Napoléon!) of ~4k to my ~2.5k. Not being too familiar with the base game of Attila.. are there any other outs? Roam around hoping to find an under-defended village and set up shop there?

Default Re: Boii start?

I'd strongly recommend against playing as any barbarians let alone a horde. They're unfinished, as effectively all the attention has gone to the other cultures groups.

What are the most complete factions currently? I think I've just done one campaign as... Pergamum, some time ago.

Rome, Parthia, Armenia, Media are all in quite an excellent state. Second-tier factions with regards to completion/startpos would be Carthage, Nabatea and virtually all Successor States. Barbarians are all a long way from completion
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Thanks Sheridan. I began a campaign with the Ptolemids, abandoned all my cities, and sent my starting army to capture Taras. Alternate histories!

Quote Originally Posted by hlidskjalf View Post
    Thanks Sheridan. I began a campaign with the Ptolemids, abandoned all my cities, and sent my starting army to capture Taras. Alternate histories!
    Haha I like it! Outcast Ptolemaic dynasty
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires