Default NTW3 8.4

Version 8.4

Download and installation
    • First, install version 8.3
      NTW3 8.3 Core

NTW3 8.3 Maps

• Then Download and install patch 8.4
      NTW3 8.4 Patch
    • Be advised that your anti-virus software may want to quarantine the ntw3.exe file because its new (with little history), exclude this file from future scans so it's not removed when your anti-virus does a file scan.

Changelog (since v8.3)
    • Faction points changed for France
    • Brown Bess musket modified for better balance
    • French musket (Charleville an IX) added
    • France/Spain: "Corps provisionnel de hussars" fixed
    • Imperial Guard: cavalry cards redone, two non combat generals added
    • Austria, Denmark, France 1809, Imperial Guard, Saxony: many unit cards redone
    • Russkiy Narod: reorganization of combat and non combat generals (several added or changed)
    • British light cavalry's stats changed
    • Prussia 1806: reevaluated combat generals' stars
    • Adding some missing descriptions and biographies
    • Artillery and infantry generals are cheaper
    • Hardcore mode is included by default, not anymore as a separate add-on

Thank you to contributors (alphabetically): Adferiad Brics , Alexazariii, Dan Bogdan, BenStyke, Karlsson and Kettch. Thanks to Wangrin and the MOE mod for their Polish czapka mesh and textures.

Default Re: NTW3 8.4

Hello apart from version 8.3 I have to install some previous version?. It's the first time I'm going to install it. Thanks and a greeting. Excuse me for my English

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

v8.4 is a patch for the NTW3 v.83 mod, just download and install to update to NTW3 v8.4

First of all thank you for keeping this game alive with developing your mod!

I have downloaded (on a clean vanilla) the v8.4 (v8.3 core, v8.3 maps and v8.4 patch) from above links. When a I start installing v8.3 core it direct me to the default location, but since I have my STEAM folder in my E: drive, I try to redirect the installation to there.
    The game tells me that the napoleon.exe is not installed in said folder an ask me to choose the right folder. But napoleon.exe is in the E: directory.
    Is there something Im missing? or can I only play this mod from the default directory, ie. C: drive?

Best regards...

The same thing happens to me, it tells me that napoleon.exe is not installed. Is there any solution?

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

I will test this now and see if i encounter any of the issues the guys above are talking about try and replicate i guess.

Edit:

No issues for me sorry guys.
    Last edited by GasMask; June 22, 2019 at 06:23 AM.

I have downloaded the 8.3 core, maps and 8.4 patch, and have had no problems. However, there doesn't seem to be any option to play the 1805 single player campaign or an option to choose themes. If I want to play the single player campaign, do I simply have to install the 8.0 campaign file, and then patch it with the 8.1 campaign file - or do I have to wait until an 8.4 campaign file is released to be compatible with the 8.4 patch? Does the same apply with the themes?

Quote Originally Posted by Prussian Patrician View Post
    I have downloaded the 8.3 core, maps and 8.4 patch, and have had no problems. However, there doesn't seem to be any option to play the 1805 single player campaign or an option to choose themes. If I want to play the single player campaign, do I simply have to install the 8.0 campaign file, and then patch it with the 8.1 campaign file - or do I have to wait until an 8.4 campaign file is released to be compatible with the 8.4 patch? Does the same apply with the themes?
    same here, installed 8.3 core+maps, than patch and there's no campaign

I had same problem. I think i used this one..
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...mpaign-Updates

More specifically:
    https://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=18354

Not sure if this is the right way, but i least i have some grand campaign that seems to work.. OP could use some clarification.

sdjhjhj

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Hi...Do you plan on adding any new units from MP to the SP Campaign, anytime soon?

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Was anything changed for the campaign? Do I have to update my sub mod?

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

The NTW3 campaigns took a vacation from the latest updates so we could work on them, they will be back with the next NTW3 v8.6 release scheduled for August. The 1805 Europe campaign has updated uniforms and recruitment for the British faction to support their missions to take Hannover and campaign in Spain. The Ottoman campaign is also included but we've dropped the Bavarian & Wurttemberg campaigns to simplify the NTW3 launcher and make room for the new NTW3 Peninsula campaign.

Last edited by Lord Davn; August 01, 2019 at 03:20 PM.