Thread: External Graphics Card

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default External Graphics Card

I was looking at external graphics cards and wondered if anyone had some experience or some ideas about this tech.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: External Graphics Card

It works and it's very easy to handle-install.
    If you're asking for my preference I have personally used Gigabyte AORUS Gaming Box and ASUS RoG XG Station 2.
    They're both very capable of running 1080p and 1440p games and though I'm not a laptop guy (especially when gaming) external GPUs tech is rising and could only get better.

Just make your own custom setup by buying a Beast addon, PSU & G.card separately and save money.

If your laptop is under warranty and you're not confident enough to open it up then GS's solution is the only other option.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Yeah, agreed
    It'll certainly cost less. I don't believe most users would like to open their laptops (though it's easy for some of us), that's why I suggested the quick and hassle-free option.

Like you I'm also not a laptop guy. I have it for office work but not a gaming laptop. The price\portability ratio to me always felt unjustified.
    #MasterPCRace

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

I am looking at different upgrades for my older desktop. I installed a couple of 240GB SSD drives and had a substantial improvement in loading times, stability, etc. That was relatively inexpensive. Probably take any additional funds and devote to newer system.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Yeah older laptops breathes a new life after installing SSD. Did the same for my dad's laptop as well and for a few days he felt he did the right thing having me.