Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Update 1.15 - PREVIEW (Updated 29/7)

Default Re: Update 1.15 - PREVIEW - NEW INFO

Haha, you make me blush
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Sheridan/Philip - Heavy with the previews. I love it. Excited to get this update out to you guys. Lots more coming down the pipe.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Nice update

Well, personally I think that even the vanilla game is superior to Rome 2, that seems to be unplayable and unbalanced for the moment. The DeI is a really great modification and I would recommend it as a must have mod for the game, but the AE project aims to become something far more better and complex in every way, especially throughout its building system that reminds me the classic Rome TW.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip46 View Post
    Well, personally I think that even the vanilla game is superior to Rome 2, that seems to be unplayable and unbalanced for the moment. The DeI is a really great modification and I would recommend it as a must have mod for the game, but the AE project aims to become something far more better and complex in every way, especially throughout its building system that reminds me the classic Rome TW.
    Totally agree what Philip said there. AE reminds me of my all time favorite mod Europa Barbarorum (for RTW). Can't wait to start new 1.15 campaign when its released.

Can't wait for this update, good work guys!
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Erik Hammarstrom's Avatar Foederatus

Must say I’m very much looking forward to the update. Romanes eunt domus!

I want to chime in and say thanks for all the work you 2 or 3 guys do for this mod!!! It's great. Congrats on thesis. I don't play any TW games without mods and I haven't spent any more money on them since Attila!

Will keep checking and once more many thanks.

MS

Semisalis

great preview keep up the good job! can't wait to play the new version!

Thank you guys!

We'll be posting more previews here up until release.

Any requests (other than bug fixes) you have for 1.15, let us know here as well.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

My request would be a bit big but I'd like to ask

1) Will we see the custom city of Rome expanded to full glory? Am aware you guys are busy so just asking.
    2) Can we see custom cities in Eastern culture change to expanded full cities? The custom cities are so small when you read about the glories of Perseplois, Ectabana, Susa etc. I would like to see them have their own cities.
    3) Can we see TOB style sieges in the future with multi-levels? I didn't like the fact they were willing to use a multi-level siege level for wooden thatched settlements and not cities made of marble and stone for RII.
    4) Will we see RII Athens imported into the campaign map?
    5) Will we see a custom Sparta city map?
    6) Will any future custom settlements take inspiration from AC Odyessy? You may or may not like it, but they've def made the Greek World feel alive. For example I would love to see Boetia for example and see it in RII in a similar inspired fashion.
    7) Can we see a future update to Egyptian settlements? Egyptian custom cities should have far more variety - I mean the reconstruction of Memphis and Thebes would be a good start.

Ofc if custom settlements aren't in the pipeline then ignore my request!

Q. When I besiege Carthage, it loads into the battle screen but I can't get the sepia filter or do I need any graphics mod? I can't build siege towers and use catapults?
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; July 13, 2019 at 12:23 PM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations on a well-deserved award

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Congratulations on a well-deserved award
    Thank you Greek Strategos! You guys deserve a big congratulations as well. Well earned, as always

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Thank you Greek Strategos! You guys deserve a big congratulations as well. Well earned, as always
    You're most kind. Thank you

No update today guys but I have some very interesting news for you tomorrow, with focus on major bug fixes

This will be a short update but hopefully there will be something for everyone.

Some important bug fixes in 1.15:

• Roman Garrisons: Researching 'Cohort Organisation' previously caused a temporary removal of most Roman garrissons. This bug has been fixed
    • Not a bug but design issue: Roman hastati, principes and triarii now evolve into generic Italian 'Cohors' unit which is a base type of legionary troop, as opposed to previously evolving into a less useful townwatch unit
    • CTD when selecting AI Rome in Custom Battle: fixed - although Imperial Rome in CB is now limited to Marian and some AoR units
    • Missing officers for some factions (e.g. Armenia)
    • Startpos bug fixes:
      • Dozens of settlements corrected, especially in Egypt and the Seleucid lands where some buildings were not appropriate for owning faction's culture
      • Revamped startpos - added hundreds of new buildings to make the start varied, and helping small AI factions quickly get on their feet. Farms added to dozens of AI factions previously missing secondary buildings and/or starving - will help to make many AI factions more challenging and tough
      • Completely redone starting armies - with few exceptions, they are now ~30-50% smaller and generally have weaker units. Also added in starting armies for 60 factions who previously did not have these

• Various campaign bug fixes including but not limited to character skills, traits, army traditions, buildings and more, where effects would sometimes not apply properly
    • Naval combat - transport ships reduced to 2 for infantry and 1 for cavalry, from 3/2
    • Bug fixes for numerous technologies such as not being able to research (e.g. Urban Cohorts), too high costs/turn...
    • Made Sanitation constructable in all 186 regions
    • Fixed bug where low public order would lead to slave pop migration
    • UI fixes
    • Removal of vanilla loading screen tooltips
    • Diseases - lowered spread rate, fixed bug where double effects would sometimes apply
    • Character skills: halved impact of most background skill effects (e.g. Popularity 4 --> 2, Integrity 6 --> 3)
    • Generals now use voice commands when you select them on the campaign map

There is of course much more, but these are a few of the items we've been working on lately.

In addition, we've also worked on some quite exciting new things.

In 1.15, cultures have their own unique effects in the political power menu. We have removed faction/culture traits with a static -1 or -2 loyalty from subjects, and instead transferred this idea into a dynamic system where player interaction is crucial. In short:
    Barbarian cultures have high bonuses from high political power and very low adverse effects. However, they suffer greatly from low political power (i.e. weak leadership), with heavy debuffs to subject character loyalty, public order etc.
    Eastern cultures are similar to Barbarian in that they suffer severely from low political power; however, they have slightly more adverse effects from high power
    Roman culture suffers slightly to subject loyalty from either low or high
    Hellenistic culture lies in between Roman and Eastern in terms of most penalties for low power, but have smaller adverse effects for high power.

The previously quite underwhelming Warrior branch of the character skill tree has been overhauled. Five out of the six skills now feature unlockable abilities to commanders, including War Cry, Reconaissance, Raise Banner, Second Wind and Presence, each with effects that aid you on the battlefield.

Spoiler for Roman Marian garrison fix

Spoiler for Eastern political power: Low

Spoiler for Eastern political power: high

Spoiler for Infantry leader

Spoiler for Fearless leader

I completely forgot to mention this: many rebel factions have been added back and more will be! Since stability is paramount we may not include all of them for this update until they have been confirmed working.

@The Wandering Storyteller

I can't answer your questions on custom cities as it is not my table. UMC can probably answer this one. It is however fair to say that this is currently of low priority with so much else going on.
    With regards to the Carthage bug, what do you mean by sepia filter? The other part seems weird. Catapults don't work against the walls?

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    I completely forgot to mention this: many rebel factions have been added back and more will be! Since stability is paramount we may not include all of them for this update until they have been confirmed working.

@The Wandering Storyteller

I can't answer your questions on custom cities as it is not my table. UMC can probably answer this one. It is however fair to say that this is currently of low priority with so much else going on.
    With regards to the Carthage bug, what do you mean by sepia filter? The other part seems weird. Catapults don't work against the walls?
    I hope when the majority of issues are fixed custom settlements get much needed attention. Ofc

I mean when I load the map, and my Roman Army besieged, the graphics for the battle map are bright, but it doesn’t have that unique Sepia filter like the RII Carthage pre alpha had

I mean I am unable to recruit catapults from turn 1. Do I have to unlock tech for this?

Quote Originally Posted by The Wandering Storyteller View Post
    I hope when the majority of issues are fixed custom settlements get much needed attention. Ofc

I mean when I load the map, and my Roman Army besieged, the graphics for the battle map are bright, but it doesn’t have that unique Sepia filter like the RII Carthage pre alpha had

I mean I am unable to recruit catapults from turn 1. Do I have to unlock tech for this?
    Wouldn't know anything about the filter unfortunately, hardly ever used graphical mods for these games.

Re catapults - correct, you need a building (artillery range) to allow them. In 1.15 this is changed and you need the blacksmith instead

I know it's been really quiet from our end for almost two weeks. It's not because work has stopped on the patch, but because it has intensified. Version 1.15 is now almost ready for public release, but we want to iron out a few remaining bugs and stability issues. The patch will come sooner than you all expect.

I thought it would be nice to share some recent progress in an otherwise poorly developed area - Hordes.

Hordes will not be playable in 1.15, but we aim to include them shortly after in 1.16, starting off with the famous Suebi.

In preparation for this exciting update, we have taken time to create a whole new building roster for Barbarian hordes. Below I'd like to showcase a few of their new buildings, which in total amounts to no less than35!

Needless to say, these buildings play quite differently from ordinary chains.

On a final note, I'd like to mention some recent and important bug fixes in the patch:

• Ptolemaic Egypt: Ptolemy is now heir in his faction, with another character assigned as regent. This solves the widely reported bug of Ptolemy being unable to resolve political action once he comes of age
    • Sieges: It has been widely reported that when sieging Barbarian settlements, sometimes the siege equipment is too small/large for the settlement type, making units unable to scale the walls. This is fixed

There are many more minor and major bug fixes, but none quite as important to gameplay as these.

Edit: many of these building icons and others in the mod are graciously used from Europa Barbarorum for Rome Total War. A big shout out to them for making these beautiful icons.
    Last edited by Sheridan; July 29, 2019 at 05:58 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast