Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PUBLIC BETA RELEASE

Default PUBLIC BETA RELEASE

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1747012157

Beta Features

• Completely Redone Unit Rosters for every single culture.
    • Campaign Population
    • Completely redone battle balance with an emphasis on period tactics and well, the shieldwall.
    • Food storage system
    • Completely redone traits, each with their own dilemma to allow more player choice developing their characters.
    • Wiped out building effects and rebalanced them.
    • Redone effects for skills and character attributes.
    • AmericanCeasar's amazing historical landmarks and wonders flavour events.
    • Dozens of new events, with more being added every week or two.

Last edited by Johnyyy; May 24, 2019 at 10:46 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: PUBLIC BETA RELEASE

Congratulations guys! Keep it up

Amazing news, installing TOB again, thank you for your hard work!

+Rep

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Awesome, I will be trying this next week it looks like. +rep

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Master & Commander's Avatar Libertus

This is great y'all! I really like how you have balanced the economy, village slots with garrisons and the like, and the new skills for characters. I do have two questions which I couldn’t answer from playing the campaign about 20 turns yesterday, are seasonal effects added into the beta, or are they only going to be incorporated into the release?

Also while I like how small the armies are and not seeing even close to full stacks running around early in the game, have you guys discussed or considered implementing 40 unit armies for the campaign? This would obviously only effect the late game when you can afford larger armies but I think it would be a cool mechanic to better mirror what really happened during the time period. Armies were certainly smaller during this time, but I think that will allow us to get closer to actually representing the size of real battles. Like there is no way the game engine can recreate the Battle of Zama’s numbers with 75,000 men, horses, and elephants running around the field, but we could get pretty close to something like the Battle of Stamford Bridge, or Hastings where you had at most about 20,000 men on the battle field. So have you guys thought about this, or is it just a no go for ya’ll?
    Last edited by Master & Commander; May 21, 2019 at 08:14 AM.

Senator

Wonderful news, the beta release. Unfortunately I don't have much time for playing at the moment but I surely will try the mod (and with it ToB the first time).

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Awesome, congratulations, guys! I'll grab ToB in the next sale and give your mod a try.

errrrr.... the economy is broken. Without other peoples mods your bankrupt by turn 3

A new sub-mod for Shieldwall Overhaul has been released. It contains authentic naming for culture groups and factions
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1749854085
    Last edited by Johnyyy; May 23, 2019 at 05:51 PM.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Quote Originally Posted by lederhosen View Post
    errrrr.... the economy is broken. Without other peoples mods your bankrupt by turn 3
    I wouldn't say it is broken, but it is a much tighter economy for sure. Your a petty Kingdom and it takes time to build the infrastructure to support a standing army, I agree there is still work to be done and noble income may not be working as intended but that is something we are looking into. I was playing as Mide last night and had an army of 12 units and was still bringing in about 900 a turn after about 30 turns with some expansion and a bit of building.

I agree that it would force people to raise an army when actually needed. I played East Angles, recruited a few generals and 2 units but went bankrupt turn 3.
    2nd game was welsh and same thing happend. Will start again and keep this in mind.

just played as Northumbria...keeping in mind the low economy, and it worked out. Trying to avoid war was my thinking until forced upon me.
    Took some time to slowly keep a positive bank account but can be done. Forces one to think and plan quite a bit, which is good too.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 25, 2019 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Yeah generals are pretty expensive so you have to careful at first. The thing that we are essentially trying to create is crusader kings meets total war.

Cool stuff. I'd definitely try it out if I owned the game...

Just a small annoying comment: You're using the Younger Futhark "N" rune instead of the "A" rune pretty much everywhere I've seen you using runes here, so your front page picture says "SKINLTBURK" which sounds like some weird Swedish conserved food rather than "Skjaldborg" ;-)
    Gesaga him éac wordum, þæt híe sint wilcuman Deniga léodum

Both ᚬ (as) and ᛅ (ár) represent the A sound, with the difference being that the ᚬ represents a nasal 'ą' vowel. Younger futhark rune corresponding to N would be ᚾ (nauðr).
    //
    Thanks for pointing that out, the font that im using seems to use the same symbol both for ar and naudr. I'll look into fixing it in the future
    Last edited by Johnyyy; May 25, 2019 at 06:12 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo View Post
    Yeah generals are pretty expensive so you have to careful at first. The thing that we are essentially trying to create is crusader kings meets total war.
    Sounds like a good to plan to me

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

We got a ways to go, but we will be dropping a patch soon.
    Last edited by Kinjo; May 27, 2019 at 01:42 PM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Congrats!

This feels pretty good so far. I encountered a bug when playing as the Sudreyar. Once I chose to remain Pagan (after the event), the tax rate for Ioua went bonkers; either going 2 million into the negative or 1 million into the positive. It could only be 'fixed' by exempting this settlement from taxation. I would assume this is based on some factors involved with the various populations of this location.

edited - I see that Gothi and Mercenary access for Sudreyar are already reported as bugs on the GitHub page.
    Last edited by redxavier; July 03, 2019 at 04:49 PM.
    Currently following these promising mods - Imperia Antiquitatis by Splenyi
    Traits, Talents, and Toadies
    by Hellbent
    Real Roman Reforms
    by Aodh Mor
    Unit Icons project
    by Bullgod
    Also recommended:
    City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options
    by Dresden

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Noted, was you runing any other mods by chance?

But yeah mercs will be fixed in the next update that is rolled out.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

I have had some computer issues that have been ironed out so NOW I will get to download and try this mod. Will have some comments and perhaps a few screen captures in a few days.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast