Thread: EOD II - A Decade Later

Campidoctor

Default EOD II - A Decade Later

Peekaboo, Halie Satanus and makanyane.

And so I do, utilizing my necromantic powers, bringing this forums back from the dead; back to the surface after laying in the dark for countless years. Slumbering ... brooding.
    Well, it fits the theme of the mod. Rise once more!

The reason for my post is that I finally want to give you guys some big thanks. EoD II is truly an astounding mod and still one of my favourites.
    I played it in a very dark time of my life. It made me help to cope with my negative feelings, utilizing them for creative, more practicable things than destroying myself.

Time went better and now, countless years later, I finally got Barbarian Invasion again, thanks to some cheap steamsale , lol. EoD II automatically got back on my mind. Time has torn its tooth into this old, cold flesh but the downloadlink was luckily still working. And ... well, I was completely absorbed by this traumatic world once more.

I don't know if you still check these forums, but since you both are still active (cool thing!), I think so. You yourself have developed in all these years and maybe you catch yourself thinking now: "My god, what had we done back there, lol?". But nay! It's still awesome!

Sooo - another reason for this post: I'm planning an dark fantasy AAR based on your mod. Something truly vile. EODII offers just the right basis.
    I want to stay true to the canon, at least so far as it is possible, as I want to use your story only as a background. I also want to show off many assets of this mod, including its superb soundtrack. I hope it is ok for you two if I use some soundtracks, which would need to be uploaded on youtube. According to this thread, it is? Don't know, so it's better to ask. Proper credits are given, of course.
    If that's not ok, just give me a holler. I'll use some other tracks then.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: EOD II - A Decade Later

Hey Derc.

As far as I recall I wrote and recorded all the music for EoD II, so you shouldn't have any issues..

I could never chose between the EoD mods, the first was a testing ground and the second was a 'how far can we push it' project. We put a lot in and I guess that still holds up..

Hi Derc,
    Great to see you here, & great to know how much you liked the mod! If you do post or publish anything for that AAR please do post links here, I'd love to see it.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Hey Derc.

As far as I recall I wrote and recorded all the music for EoD II, so you shouldn't have any issues..

I could never chose between the EoD mods, the first was a testing ground and the second was a 'how far can we push it' project. We put a lot in and I guess that still holds up..
    Thanks. Outstanding work you did with the soundtrack there. It really captures the darkness very well.

Yeah, you pushed it far, one can feel that. That's exactly what I'll also try in this AAR, both ingame and in terms of writing. Let's see if I can instill some fear in the wolfmen and bloodsuckers with my minor faction or if I will be the one who ends up crouching in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Hi Derc,
    Great to see you here, & great to know how much you liked the mod! If you do post or publish anything for that AAR please do post links here, I'd love to see it.
    Will totally do that.
    It'll likely start this Sunday.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Hi Derc,
    If you do post or publish anything for that AAR please do post links here, I'd love to see it.
    Will totally do that.
    There we go.

I ... ahem ... was so free to draw some inspiration for its name.