Thread: Carthage Generals

Default Carthage Generals

Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum and should be under submods? I just need help with a modding question.

I like to edit the number of generals/fleets/spys ect and I have done so in the past for a Roman campaign. I know the values are under fame_levels_tables

Under fame_levels_tables there is a section that directly effects just Rome, but I am looking to edit the numbers for a Carthage campaign. Does anyone know what effects just Carthage?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Carthage Generals

Yes, submod thread next time, thanks

No, into fame_levels_tables there is no section that directly affects a faction only.
    You're probably referring to entries as "main_rome", but that's not a faction, that's the type of campaign.
    For example main_rome is for the grand campaign.

If you want to raise armies cap there are 2 ways:

1) raise it for every faction into fame_levels_tables (generals/fleets/spies)
    2) do something similar to what I've done for Testudo (speaking about the REDUCE AI ARMY CAP into OP's download spolier)
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-upd-apr-13-19
    which changes the armies cap (in this case you'll get more to have a better use of RPGu units) for player only.
    This pack is not compatible outside Testudo.

If you're not able to adjust the pack to your likings, just tell me what you wanna do.
    To have it working for agents too, it would need an integration inside db's effect junctions.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; May 17, 2019 at 05:13 PM.

Oh wow I think your Testudo mod is right up my alley.... I might just play with that instead. I think the way you describe the mod is exactly how I like to make tweaks for my own personal experience in TW games. Slow with less rapid growth, more centered on big decisive battles instead of excessive amounts of small ones.... is this more or less how things work out with your Testudo mod?

Anyways, I had only tried editing the "main_rome" during a campaign playing AS Rome, thinking that was just effecting that particular faction, but it makes sense that it is the type of campaign not the faction. Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Moved to the appropriate thread Sub Mods for Divide et Impera.
    Feel free to continue.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 18, 2019 at 06:54 AM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey85 View Post
    is this more or less how things work out with your Testudo mod?
    more or less, yes