Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another school shooting in the US. Liberals don't want to grab guns this time?

Default Re: Another school shooting in the US. Liberals don't want to grab guns this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Clodia_Metelli View Post
    11 days is not a "few weeks".

CNN Goes Melodramatic To Push Gun Control Agenda After Colorado Shooting

https://www.aim.org/aim-column/cnn-g...rado-shooting/

Obviously Basil isn't reading the answers.

This is the university shooting in your link:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/01/u...-shooting.html

May 1st
    Check the today's date.
    16th

More than two weeks. Try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    Yah, point being that not even conservative media is suggesting liberals are somehow ignoring this case, as you did.

Oh, that's some good irony.
    Days are weeks and US schools are mosques in New Zealand.

Lmfao guys.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; May 16, 2019 at 04:38 PM.

Default Re: Another school shooting in the US. Liberals don't want to grab guns this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    So where are the commentators demanding gun control and all that?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

CASTLE ROCK, Colo. (Reuters) - Two teenagers accused of fatally shooting a classmate and wounding eight others at a Denver-area high school last week were charged with murder and attempted murder on Wednesday.

Devon Erickson, 18, and Alec McKinney, 16, are accused of opening fire on fellow students in two classrooms at the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) charter school in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, on May 7.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKCN1SL133

6 days are not "a few weeks".
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

CASTLE ROCK, Colo. (Reuters) - Two teenagers accused of fatally shooting a classmate and wounding eight others at a Denver-area high school last week were charged with murder and attempted murder on Wednesday.

Devon Erickson, 18, and Alec McKinney, 16, are accused of opening fire on fellow students in two classrooms at the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) charter school in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, on May 7.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKCN1SL133

6 days are not "a few weeks".
    Yes, that's the one in the OP. Since you said and I quote
    Or perhaps it was not interesting enough, because only one person was shot. Happens every day in hundred US cities.
    Ok sure, find me another school shooting in the last few days.
    And you had to go back two weeks. NICE

If you keep moving goalposts to meet your needs then of course you get a touchdown.
    Btw, that world sucks.
    You are the master of unintended irony.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    Moderator Emeritus

Days are weeks and US schools are mosques in New Zealand.

Lmfao guys.
    Seems you didn't follow. Let me explain. The irony stems from the fact that it was you who moved the goal posts, as your initial point was that the liberal media didn't cover this case, which was false, with your new argument being something like liberal commentators didn't call for gun control, which again doesn't ring true. Not sure what's left of your point but by all means, press on through the trainwreck.

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

There is a bit of repetition by many members posting in this thread. Unless each post contributes a bit more than the previous post you have made, please refrain from such posts. From the Mudpit Forum Rules:

1) Debate in good faith and respect other members. Elaborate and further develop your arguments whilst trying to respond to other members' arguments. Do not continue to repeat the same arguments.

So please do not repeat the same arguments.

Seems you didn't follow. Let me explain. The irony stems from the fact that it was you who moved the goal posts, as your initial point was that the liberal media didn't cover this case, which was false, with your new argument being something like liberal commentators didn't call for gun control, which again doesn't ring true. Not sure what's left of your point but by all means, press on through the trainwreck.
    Actually what I said is that the liberal media ''quickly moved on'' (in the OP), it's still there, you can check it.
    That's completely different from ''they didn't cover the case'', which is how you read it and quickly tried to make a ''gotcha'' with the CNN links.

Do you acknowledge that saying ''they quickly moved on'' is very different from saying ''they didn't cover it''?

Alternatively, please provide where I said what you claim I said.

That's the same thing your friend did anyway. He decided what I had said and quickly demolished that. Too bad that's not what I said. So in all this irony, it's you and him that made your own goals and scored it. But it's all air.

Another school shooting in the US. Liberals don't want to grab guns this time?

The heading of your own thread show clearly what your point was, which Katsumoto obviously refuted.

A shooting with "only" one dead is nothing, which will kept the press long busy, if there is the trade war with China and growing tensions with Iran.

And the rejection of the Christchurch Call by Trump is more suited for the liberal press to make points in an Anti-Gun Campaign.
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; May 16, 2019 at 05:28 PM.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    Moderator Emeritus

That's fair, I should've been clearer, you didn't say they didn't cover it, but you suggesting the liberal media 'quickly moved on' and provided 'very little coverage' still doesn't hold true meaning your entire argument is still based on a false premise.

I think the underlying issue isn't gun control (since it is pretty obvious that it is part of liberal statist fantasy no matter what scenario), but the fact that identity of the shooter was not discussed, since it doesn't really fall under "evil alt-right" narrative that liberal neo-evangelicals want to maintain.

That's fair, I should've been clearer, you didn't say they didn't cover it, but you suggesting the liberal media 'quickly moved on' and provided 'very little coverage' still doesn't hold true meaning your entire argument is still based on a false premise.
    Well thank you. Now, compare it to Sandy Hook or the more recent Stoneman Douglas Shooting, did it receive the same amount of coverage and ignite the same amount of debate? My percetion might be skewed by social media, but I really don't see it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12