Thread: Any tips on how to prevent secessions when playing as the Averni?

Default Any tips on how to prevent secessions when playing as the Averni?

Either in Historical campaign mode or in Great Campaign Mode

Default Re: Any tips on how to prevent secessions when playing as the Averni?

For example, when I was playing Great Campaign as the Averni, a secession took place. I think I remember my influence was more than 85%. Could be the case that the politicians from the other parties didn't like it?

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Yes, they don't like, if you grab too much power. You must balance it out.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I agree with Clodia_Metelli. As Clodia_Metelli said, if your 85% influence exists because you only appoint members of your own party to military command and only promote members of your party, you may want to consider alternatives. In the game, as in real life, nepotism isn't the best way to get support. You don't have to promote everyone every time - you only need to appoint/promote just enough rival party members to stop them breaking away.

Here are my suggestions for avoiding secessions. These won't guarantee to prevent them but they can reduce their frequency.

Hover the cursor over the loyalty scores of rival parties and their traits, to see why they're not loyal. For example, if they want trade agreements or dominance of your own culture, you could make trade agreements or build temples.

Use loyalty edicts in provinces controlled by rival parties. (Do you use the filter on the campaign map display which shows you which parties control which provinces?)

Attach a dignitary to an army commanded by someone belonging to a rival party. Give the dignitary the Advisor trait, which increases party loyalty. If you use that general in battle and win, then you get the loyalty bonus from 'General Wins Battle', plus the adviser loyalty bonus. If you promote the general, you get a loyalty bonus for that.

I've heard that sending rival party members on missions (such as diplomatic missions to other factions) improves their party loyalty.

If the methods above aren't enough, by provoking a civil war and allowing a remnant of the rebels to survive, apparently there's a method to protect yourself from further break-offs indefinitely.
    Last edited by Alwyn; May 17, 2019 at 12:30 PM.