Thread: Missing textures in Alternative Cut, somebody's help?

Default Missing textures in Alternative Cut, somebody's help?

I found a missing troop in Chaos Dwarfs from BOTET Alternative Cut. If you go to-> C:\Archivos de programa\SEGA\Medieval II - Total War\mods\BOTET_AC\data\ui\units\aztecs, you'll see a named file as #dragon_Ogres, but, if you open the game & try a custom battle with Chaos Dwarfs, selecting all troops, the Dragon Ogres won't be there, why is that? Bc, if you go to->C:\Archivos de programa\SEGA\Medieval II - Total War\mods\BOTET_AC\data, open the file export_descr_unit & locate, in Chaos section, dragon Ogres, you'll see the following (see spoiler):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

type dragon Ogres
    dictionary dragon_Ogres
    category cavalry
    class heavy
    voice_type General
    accent Lizardmen
    banner faction main_cavalry
    banner holy crusade
    soldier dragon_chaos, 6, 0, 10
    mount ogre mount
    attributes sea_faring, very_hardy, can_withdraw, frighten_foot, frighten_mounted
    formation 3.0, 3.0, 4, 4, 2, square
    stat_health 5, 5
    stat_pri 25, 10, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, slashing, axe, 25, 1
    stat_pri_attr launching, area
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 25, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 10, 14, 0, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 1
    stat_ground 0, 0, -4, 1
    stat_mental 24, impetuous, trained
    stat_charge_dist 40
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 4, 6500, 2000, 100, 100, 6500, 2, 200
    armour_ug_levels 2
    armour_ug_models dragon_chaos
    ownership denmark
    era 0 denmark
    info_pic_dir merc
    recruit_priority_offset 20

The line which says ownership has a missing word, so, the Dragon Ogres won't appear never in the Chaos Dwarfs. Solution:

type dragon Ogres
    dictionary dragon_Ogres
    category cavalry
    class heavy
    voice_type General
    accent Lizardmen
    banner holy crusade
    soldier dragon_chaos, 6, 0, 10
    mount ogre mount
    attributes sea_faring, very_hardy, can_withdraw, frighten_foot, frighten_mounted
    formation 3.0, 3.0, 4, 4, 2, square
    stat_health 5, 5
    stat_pri 25, 10, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, slashing, axe, 25, 1
    stat_pri_attr launching, area
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 10, 14, 0, metal
    stat_heat 1
    stat_ground 0, 0, -4, 1
    stat_charge_dist 40
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 4, 6500, 2000, 100, 100, 6500, 2, 200
    armour_ug_levels 2
    ownership aztecs, denmark
    era 0 denmark
    info_pic_dir merc

One time changed & saved the file, go to the game & you'll watch that now the Dragon Ogres correctly appears there, but, if you choose them for a custom battle's test, the textures from them will be missing, except for the unit's champion, somebody's help to fix it?

Default Re: Missing textures in Alternative Cut, somebody's help?

Dragon Ogres (dragon_chaos) are only available for Undivided, Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaanesh in data/unit_models/battle_models.modeldb, that's the file that you have to mod to change it, for BotET and BotET_AC. Perhaps you only found one unit_card in the wrong file, not exactly a missing unit for the Chaos Dwarfs. In my campaigns with the Dawi Zharr, I make available Chaos Trolls and Chaos Giants in the Chaos temples, I don't know if Dragon Ogres are very lore-friendly for them, in my humble opinion.
    Benfiquista Budista Comunista

Quote Originally Posted by Jivaro View Post
    Dragon Ogres (dragon_chaos) are only available for Undivided, Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaanesh in data/unit_models/battle_models.modeldb, that's the file that you have to mod to change it, for BotET and BotET_AC. Perhaps you only found one unit_card in the wrong file, not exactly a missing unit for the Chaos Dwarfs. In my campaigns with the Dawi Zharr, I make available Chaos Trolls and Chaos Giants in the Chaos temples, I don't know if Dragon Ogres are very lore-friendly for them, in my humble opinion.
    Maybe not at the beginning, but in the End Times period the things are different, all chaos servants work as the same war machine. I was asking, bc in the normal Botet, Dragon Ogres are in their roster. I tried to mod it, but i'm doing something wrong, bc, after saving the file, the game's screen turns black & nothing happens. Thank you anyways, Jivaro for helping me.
    Last edited by Garnash; May 22, 2019 at 01:00 PM.

They appear in the roster but if you try a custom battle with the Chaos Dwarfs with Dragon Ogres and you will see them without the correct textures, it's a work in progress.
    For me the modeldb is the hardest file to interact, even after reading so many tutorials, after so many years I still have many difficulties with it. Good luck!

They appear in the roster but if you try a custom battle with the Chaos Dwarfs with Dragon Ogres and you will see them without the correct textures, it's a work in progress.
    For me the modeldb is the hardest file to interact, even after reading so many tutorials, after so many years I still have many difficulties with it. Good luck!
    I hope you're right, bc having Dragon Ogres in Chaos Dwarfs army put them in other lvl.

Found a solution, the best method is to make them mercs.
    Search for dragon_chaos in the modeldb, using always Notepad++, and making a backup first.

12 dragon_chaos
    1.4 1
    72 unit_models/_units/warhammer/Merc/model/chaos_ogre/dragon_ogre_lod0.mesh 6400
    5 slave
    75 unit_models/_units/warhammer/Merc/model/chaos_ogre/dragon_ogre_diff.texture
    75 unit_models/_units/warhammer/Merc/model/chaos_ogre/dragon_ogre_norm.texture
    42 unit_sprites/slave_dragon_chaos_sprite.spr
    8 novgorod Change this for: 4 merc
    6 norway
    9 lithuania
    14 teutonic_order
    7 denmark
    5 slave
    75 unit_models/_units/warhammer/Merc/model/chaos_ogre/dragon_ogre_norm.texture 0
    8 novgorod Change this for: 4 merc
    75 unit_models/_units/warhammer/Merc/model/chaos_ogre/dragon_ogre_norm.texture 0
    6 norway
    9 lithuania
    14 teutonic_order
    7 denmark

And save the file, then you have to add this in the export_descr_unit.txt:

type dragon Ogres
    dictionary dragon_Ogres
    category cavalry
    class heavy
    voice_type General
    accent Ogrekingdom
    banner holy crusade
    soldier dragon_chaos, 5, 0, 10
    officer dragon_chaos
    mount ogre mount
    attributes sea_faring, very_hardy, can_withdraw, mercenary_unit
    formation 4, 4.5, 4, 4, 3, square
    stat_health 6, 6
    stat_pri 22, 14, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_simple, slashing, axe, 25, 1
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 12, 14, 0, metal
    stat_heat 1
    stat_ground 0, 0, -4, 1
    stat_charge_dist 40
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 4, 4000, 600, 100, 100, 4000, 2, 200
    armour_ug_levels 2
    ownership denmark, teutonic_order, lithuania, novgorod, norway, slave
    era 0 denmark, slave
    info_pic_dir merc

Now they will show the correct textures for all factions, it's the end times for sure!
    Last edited by Jivaro; May 26, 2019 at 08:12 PM.

Found a solution, the best method is to make them mercs.
    Search for dragon_chaos in the modeldb, using always Notepad++, and making a backup first.

Now they will show the correct textures for all factions, it's the end times for sure!
    Yep, i used Notepad too, but, i didn't find the correct line, as you did.

Btw, It worked, thank you so much, mate. Rep + for you or at least when i can xD.
    Last edited by Garnash; May 29, 2019 at 04:17 PM.