Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 581

Thread: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

  1. #141

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    Underrepresented among all crimes maybe. What about racially motivated crimes? What's the ratio there?

  2. #142
    conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs
    Posts
    12,910

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    So no you don't actually have the paper in question nor read it? I mean I'm sure you immediately found at least the abstract and read up about cosine analyses and the software and all the papers springer liked to about it right? Or were you just happy to a tweet that seemed to confirmed your preconceptions - hey is that a lack of diversity?
    Last edited by conon394; June 18, 2019 at 09:24 PM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

    'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

    But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

    Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

  3. #143

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    Postmodern Conservatism, baby.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

  4. #144
    conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs
    Posts
    12,910

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)


    http://theconversation.com/facts-show-south-africa-has-not-become-more-violent-since-democracy-62444


    Re South Africa


    Decent link on the Murder rate it peaked right as apartheid collapsed (but was shooting up before) and dropped. If you toss out the peak the trend seems fairly stable a generally slowly rising almost liner function.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

    'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

    But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

    Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

  5. #145

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post

    http://theconversation.com/facts-show-south-africa-has-not-become-more-violent-since-democracy-62444


    Re South Africa
    Decent link on the Murder rate it peaked right as apartheid collapsed (but was shooting up before) and dropped. If you toss out the peak the trend seems fairly stable a generally slowly rising almost liner function.
    Yes and that A) says nothing about racially motivated crimes, nor the pencentage of which is about whites being attacked. B) It makes a sweeping ''all crimes'' claim. C) At this point there's plenty of reasons not to trust official statistics given that plenty of areas are out of control.

    When you have a liberal country like South Africa that's falling apart, protecting the image of the dream is more important than solving problems. The funny thing is that the article is as dishonest as it gets.

    Headline claim: SAF has not become more violent since democracy. There's a clear spike of violence in the early 90s but we can ascribe that to the time of regime change and that's ''normal'' due to political instability. After that, it drops at above 30 every 100k people per year.... which in the best case is on par with the most violent times of the Apartheid era. Before that it was less violent. This is a dishonest article.

    Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    Postmodern Conservatism, baby.
    I ask for carrots, you give me salad and reply ''still veggies baby''.

    The ing level of liberal arguments.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; June 18, 2019 at 10:56 PM.

  6. #146

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    The soyface incel that milkshaked Farage ordered by court to pay to clean his suit.
    https://dailycaller.com/2019/06/18/f...-court-ruling/

    In the meanwhile, he was fired from his job and good luck getting hired again with something like that on your CV. Imagine having to ruin your career because you are so butthurt that you couldn't resist assaulting a politician. What a liberal retard.

  7. #147

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    I ask for carrots, you give me salad and reply ''still veggies baby''.

    The ing level of liberal arguments.
    I didn't give you , wasn't even directly talk to you.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

  8. #148
    conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs
    Posts
    12,910

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    Basil still not answering my question on your linked data. Have you read the paper? Are you familiar with the parameters needed to make the software in question be effective? Were any of the leading two alternatives used could be critical since both do better smaller learning samples. Are you aware of the way the analytical portion like so many things is subject to GIGO? You know back in the day I have good luck to do econometrics and mathematical modeling in a program that was happy to fail a whole class. So sitting in the refrigerated vax lab with class mates trying to program a forecasting model on for the day a nifty piece of statistical software something became clear. Its easy to be seduced into not holding to your model but start twerking again and again and eventually you are not making a predictive model but you have just synthetically created a cubic spline curve fit to you data a a walk to an F. Sure for every data point you have it will hit R practically at 1, but try it out the end of the semester for your final and your results are meaningless on the new year's data. Anyone and any paper that produces data based on an algorithm cannot be judged on a few graphs (that are not really credible larking uncertainty ranges) but how that algorithm was used.

    So I repeat have you read the paper?
    Last edited by conon394; June 19, 2019 at 12:11 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

    'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

    But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

    Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

  9. #149

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Aren't incels people who hate women? I think those kind of people are more right wing than left wing Basil.

  10. #150

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Incels simply can't get laid.

    Look at this liberal: 30something, balding, obese, videogame t-shirt, neckbeard, thick glasses and is so politically frustrated that he has to throw milkshakes at someone who's winning.
    It screams Omega male.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


  11. #151

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jansenfinn View Post
    Aren't incels people who hate women? I think those kind of people are more right wing than left wing Basil.
    "We can't get laid because of patriarchy and white supremacy" is a pretty common thought among the far-left. Hence the frustration and anger, often fueled by radicalization by lame stream "journalists".

  12. #152

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    "We can't get laid because of patriarchy and white supremacy" is a pretty common thought among the far-left. Hence the frustration and anger, often fueled by radicalization by lame stream "journalists".
    Lol I've literally never heard anyone say that. What I have heard is incels complaining about feminism and emancipation and see that as the reason they can't find a girlfriend.

  13. #153

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Those are MGTOW, who are mainly composed of two groups of people. Those who got a partner once, turned out to be the wrong partner and think all women are just as bad. Secondly those who hardly ever talked to a girl, thus obsess about ''going their own way and not thinking about women'' while bashing women on daily basis.

    Pile of nonsense, they are also an irrelevant fringe disliked by everyone.

  14. #154
    irontaino's Avatar Deadass B
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,793

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jansenfinn View Post
    Aren't incels people who hate women? I think those kind of people are more right wing than left wing Basil.
    It's why buzzwords like SJW and cuck are popular among those circles.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude



  15. #155

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    I have and at no point you are making a valid argument against it. You go on a wild tangent claiming an authority that a) you don't have b) it doesn't even give validity to your argument, there's extremely little accuracy to what exactly you are complaining about. From line 3 to the end you provide absolutely nothing, it's a rant that has nothing to do with the paper but somehow you think dismisses results you do not like.

    You claim the paper author would somehow fail your test, when your own argument against it hardly addresses anything.

  16. #156
    conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs
    Posts
    12,910

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    I have and at no point you are making a valid argument against it. You go on a wild tangent claiming an authority that a) you don't have b) it doesn't even give validity to your argument, there's extremely little accuracy to what exactly you are complaining about. From line 3 to the end you provide absolutely nothing, it's a rant that has nothing to do with the paper but somehow you think dismisses results you do not like.

    You claim the paper author would somehow fail your test, when your own argument against it hardly addresses anything.
    So you have read the paper nice care to email a copy? Please PM me.

    Second I simply noted I was suspicious of bar graphs w/o error ranges. Nor have you provided any part of the paper that would allow any kind of informed analysis of the quality of the work. You posted graphs w/o a reference which is sort misleading. Third it is seeming a weak Journal I am not inherently impressed (also I would for example be much impressed with a abstract from somebody touting the computational model conclusion about something in society from the journal of econometrics than a social science journal). As I said I see if can scrape up the necessary access to find the journal, but my only option is the not exactly great ISU in Idaho and I'm not certain how wide their online access is. Again I freely admitted I was speculating on just the abstract and on graphs that I would have failed back in the day without some uncertainty indication. On that I stand my ground it not quality data display. But it would nice if you would the associated text for the graphs.
    Last edited by conon394; June 19, 2019 at 02:42 PM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

    'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

    But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

    Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

  17. #157

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Incels simply can't get laid.

    Look at this liberal: 30something, balding, obese, videogame t-shirt, neckbeard, thick glasses and is so politically frustrated that he has to throw milkshakes at someone who's winning.
    It screams Omega male.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    This is another lie. The man, Paul Crowther , is married.


    https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...gises-16451563
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

    "Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

  18. #158

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    Quite ironic that he's using that as an argument on a 20 year old forum made for a videogame franchise.. I bet we have a huge overrepresentation of 30 year old, balding, fat people browsing the forum. Nothing wrong with that perse, just thought it was funny.

  19. #159

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    This is another lie. The man, Paul Crowther , is married.


    https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...gises-16451563
    Chances are he's a cuckold then.

    Also, given he decided to ruin his career for being a pathetic loser, I'm not sure how long will it be before his wife leaves him for her boyfriend.

    Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    So you have read the paper nice care to email a copy? Please PM me.

    Second I simply noted I was suspicious of bar graphs w/o error ranges. Nor have you provided any part of the paper that would allow any kind of informed analysis of the quality of the work. You posted graphs w/o a reference which is sort misleading. Third it is seeming a weak Journal I am not inherently impressed (also I would for example be much impressed with a abstract from somebody touting the computational model conclusion about something in society from the journal of econometrics than a social science journal). As I said I see if can scrape up the necessary access to find the journal, but my only option is the not exactly great ISU in Idaho and I'm not certain how wide their online access is. Again I freely admitted I was speculating on just the abstract and on graphs that I would have failed back in the day without some uncertainty indication. On that I stand my ground it not quality data display. But it would nice if you would the associated text for the graphs.
    Dude the link is in the ing first picture.
    https://link.springer.com/article/10...15-019-00362-9

    You don't have a university Shibboleth access? I don't believe that for a second.Pretty much any, even remotely, decent university has Shibboleth.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; June 20, 2019 at 05:53 AM.

  20. #160
    conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs
    Posts
    12,910

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Chances are he's a cuckold then.

    Also, given he decided to ruin his career for being a pathetic loser, I'm not sure how long will it be before his wife leaves him for her boyfriend.



    Dude the link is in the ing first picture.
    https://link.springer.com/article/10...15-019-00362-9

    You don't have a university Shibboleth access? I don't believe that for a second.Pretty much any, even remotely, decent university has Shibboleth.
    Intresting the first time found the link showed it has paywall. Maybe because I pulled up via the journal
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

    'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

    But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

    Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •