Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 713

Thread: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

  1. #41

    Default Re: Get woke? Go broke. How ''woke'' LIBERAL RETARDS are ruining historic brands by pushing their dumb politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Hm, I get the whole ''let's pander to liberals because millennials are the most liberal generation ever'' strategy. That's true, just like the miscalculation of what most stand for is correct. However by now there's plenty of evidence that these choices are counterproductive, yet they still insist. Why?
    There is also evidence that ignoring social justice activism when creating entertainment can undermine its value.

    I'm also not sure about what your other argument is. Nobody is denying the presence of the Indian contingent. However what was the ratio of that 2.5 million to the total combatants in Europe? And I'm still not arguing that they should be left out.
    1. The percentage of Raj soldiers who fought in Europe isn't relevant: I would happily play a scenario which involved Indian soldiers fighting in the Pacific, Africa or India itself.

    2. I'm not arguing that you think they should be "left out": I was highlighting that people of colour played a more expansive role in the war than merely as members of "special corps".

  2. #42

    Default Re: Studies reveal who the most racist, hateful, bigoted and intolerant people are in the Western world....

    Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    The country is 95% Han Chinese. That's as homogenous as it can get.

    I love how liberal statistics work: there's 1% minorities? That means the country is multicultural and it's going to work even if it becomes 33% minorities. Same thing! So let's do that!

    Let's forget ratios, sizes and basic math. What a retarded argument.

    As for the nukes, thanks for bringing that up. I was noticing that the reason Wh*te liberals hate Russia is because of its nuclear arsenal, which means Russia is going to remain independent for the next centuries to come. So if white people want to retain their ethnic identity and avoid being ethnically cleansed by your side, we are going to need nukes. Just in case you push further with the censorship or start sending people to re-education camps.
    Nice that you assume that people who ask questions are "Libs". As if you don't want to take the time to understand that everyone has nuance to their positions. I don't identify with "libs" (your assertions don't resonate with my positions in the slightest) and I find it interesting that you think that 'libs" (which you have not defined as a group, nor their key tenets) are a hive mind that all operate on the same ideas about everything.

    Anyways, 8.5% of 1.4 billion is still over 100 million people who have significant resources. If you could define your proper ratio, that would be nice.


    What the focus of my post (or so I wanted it to be) was to understand your solution. You mention a problem, I want to hear the solution. It doesn't sound like the solution can occur nonviolently, so what I'm asking is if it's possible to enact it peacefully. The floor is yours.
    Last edited by ♔The Black Knight♔; May 19, 2019 at 09:33 AM.

  3. #43
    Eat Meat Whale Meat
    Technical Staff Citizen Moderator Emeritus

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,811

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    Coloured by bias though the thread rename is, it is far less so than the original. Which says a lot about the choice of thread title by the OP. Any future threads of this type will be moved into here.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Get woke? Go broke. How ''woke'' LIBERAL RETARDS are ruining historic brands by pushing their dumb politics

    Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    There is also evidence that ignoring social justice activism when creating entertainment can undermine its value.
    The value of entertainment or the value of social justice activism?

    Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    1. The percentage of Raj soldiers who fought in Europe isn't relevant: I would happily play a scenario which involved Indian soldiers fighting in the Pacific, Africa or India itself.

    2. I'm not arguing that you think they should be "left out": I was highlighting that people of colour played a more expansive role in the war than merely as members of "special corps".
    1. Same
    2. Okay, poor phrasing by my side.

  5. #45
    Abdülmecid I's Avatar ¡Ay Carmela!
    Moderation Overseer Civitate Moderation Mentor

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4,846

    Default Re: Get woke? Go broke. How ''woke'' LIBERAL RETARDS are ruining historic brands by pushing their dumb politics

    You should have probably read your own articles, before linking them, Basil. Apart from the comics stuff and "One Angry Gamer" (sounds objective), none of them supports your explanation about why these products failed commercially. Rather ironically, in what concerns "the most catastrophic and hilarious woke experiment", your own sources totally contradict your narrative. Neither Euro Gamer nor Bloomberg even cite the controversy regarding female protagonists in the Battlefield. On the contrary, they explain how the changing patters in the industry, as well as the fact that the games lacks crucial features and was essentially not at all polished contributed to its failure (bugs, glitches and a disastrous beta). Surprisingly, it seems that consumers are more interested in quality than bizarre identity politics and paranoid hysteria about imaginary ethnic cleansings. The same conclusion applies to other cases you mentioned, like Gillette's financial losses. Although it is true that the company's advertisement triggered very badly the fragile sensitivities of many of its customers (has political correctness gone too far?), their rants again did not seriously affect their sales. Surprisingly enough, it looks like facial hair trend is a more decisive factor than social media activism.

    So, why are nowadays minorities represented in entertainment products in an increased manner, in comparison to the past? Is it because the market is controlled by capitalism-hating Communist businessmen, whole goal is not profit, but the undermining of the Male/White/Christian/European civilisation? Call me old-fashioned, but back in the good, old days, when public discourse was not dominated by right-wing political correctness, explanations like the aforementioned would be qualified as realistic as Russell's china teapot and Welles' Martian invasion. A much more plausible explanation is that as demographics change the companies' business policies adjust to the new standards. Before the inevitable prediction about White Genocide appears, the comment on demographics refers to how, during the last decades, many formerly isolated groups (African-Americans, women, Chinese, Indians and etc.), have gain the necessary economic power to gain access to products previously monopolised by the upper and middle classes of Western Europe and the United States. This is why that Yahoo's opening page has replaced the happy Scandinavian couple with an equally happy and beautiful East Asian one. Therefore, companies try to pander to the desires of these new, potential customers, in order to maximise their sales. Capitalism at its best! Some of these projects fail spectacularly, because they are executed so amateurishly that they are either lacking in quality (Battlefield or Ghostbusters) or their unsophisticated message actually alienated many customers. On the other, many others succeed and I would argue that the Total War franchise is one of these cases, as the disproportionate addition of female warlords has been received remarkably well from the community, despite the fact that it completely violates historical accuracy.

    To summarise, my advice is, instead of futilely trying to detect nefarious Bolshevik conspiracies in the decadent academia, to actually study a bit about how the modern market economy works. As the form of the global middle-class changes, mainly because women begin to assume a more active professional role, while Asian societies have finally recovered from the chaos of the post-colonialism period, the contact of the products will quickly adopt to the new circumstances. For better or worse, that's how capitalism functions and, fortunately enough, thanks to the safe maritime trade and cheapening transport, there is still enough variety to satisfy every taste.

  6. #46

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    Wow, you are saying that lying liberal media do not want to admit that their ideology is hurting products? Gee. People whose profession relies on intellectual dishonesty and pathological lies doing what they do best.

    All I care about are the facts.
    1) Specific companies choose woke marketing tactics
    2) Those products failed in every single case

    They want to spin it? I don't care. They get woke, they go broke. The fact that they refuse to accept it is exactly why they'll keep failing. And I'll keep hammering them. Want further evidence? Most of these media are doing terrible and that's because of their biased coverage. Once NYT and the Guardian eat up the traffic of the woke minority, noone else is left for the remaining media. Salon, which is one of the wokest, is going out of business. Vice, Vox and Buzzfeed are all having major problems and they'll likely merge.

    Of course then they end up ''blaming Russia'' for the fact that they suck at their job and people prefer literally anyone who gives them real stories. So they are reduced to pressuring Google and Facebook into altering the search algorithms to favour their channel. The most entitled and worthless intellectual generation of all times.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; May 19, 2019 at 10:24 AM.

  7. #47

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    He's not saying 'They get woke, they go broke' dude. He's saying 'They put out crappy product, woke or not, they go broke'. There. I just summarize his fine 500-odd word post down into a simple ten-odd words for you to understand. Get with the subject.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

  8. #48

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    Battlefield 5 would have been fine if it wasn't for the poor marketing. Sure, it would have suffered from the competition of Fortnite, but it'd have never tanked this badly. Ever since Gamergate the pushback against SJWs in the gaming community is strong. Dishonoured 2 is another game that could have easily succeeded since the first title was good and it tanked because of dumb SJW marketing.

  9. #49

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    Then why didn't Total War bomb, as you say it totally should have?
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

  10. #50

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    Which one? I criticized some elements in Rome 2 and Attila, but they are minor things. I mean, in Attila immigration lowers public order and that's hardly SJW tier.

    edit:
    Liberal retards at Eurovision interview the Italian participant, who happens to be half-Egyptian:
    Wh*te liberal retard 1: How does it feel to be an Egyptian in Israel?
    Mahmoud : I actually just feel Italian.
    Wh*te liberal retard 2: How do you conciliate Ramadan with the competition?
    Mahmoud: I'm actually Christian.
    Wh*te liberal retard 3: You used to live in a ghetto, right?
    Mahmoud: UH?????????
    https://twitter.com/IAmJamesTheBond/...05644760465408

    And this the quality of liberal journalism. Pushing an agenda all the time. Never interested in facts. It's a moral duty to hate these people.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; May 19, 2019 at 04:33 PM.

  11. #51

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    Only surprising thing is that political discourse became so bad someone decided to do studies on these things, lulz. Before Trump's election I used to think that projection was overblown. Nobody could REALLY project themselves so hard onto someone else.

    Then Trump got elected, and the antiTrumpers started reacting in EXACTLY the way they said Trumpers would react if he lost. Turns out the final boss was projection all along.

    IIRC there was once a study that claimed the more outspokenly anti-gay someone was, the more likely they were to be turned on by gay porn. Makes you wonder wtf else follows suit. College prof preaching how the nazis be violent? Probably hits people in the head with bike locks. Guy calls himself a feminist? He'd be an incel if he wasn't raping women. How do you spot a racist? Why, he's the guy who won't stfu about race of course. What next, gun grabbers are sociopaths you shouldn't trust with a gun? Say it ain't so. shocked Pikachu faec meme

    McCarthy did nothing wrong.
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson


    In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.

  12. #52

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    I'm just amazed that some people think MA Andromeda failed because it had a trans character. That the glitches, bad graphics, poorly written story, and general half-assedness of the finished product had nothing to do with it. No, it must be because there was one of those icky trans in it.

    Just don't mention there was a trans character in DA Inquisition. They won't want to hear it and will accuse you of persecuting them.

  13. #53
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    21,437

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    I'm just amazed that some people think MA Andromeda failed because it had a trans character. That the glitches, bad graphics, poorly written story, and general half-assedness of the finished product had nothing to do with it. No, it must be because there was one of those icky trans in it.

    Just don't mention there was a trans character in DA Inquisition. They won't want to hear it and will accuse you of persecuting them.
    I didn't even know DA inquisition had a transsexual. I also didn't say that MA Andromeda failed just because it had a transsexual in it.
    However, the reason I would never buy MA:A is because of the transsexual, not of the other stuff. Now I know that if I consider buying DA Inquisition, I will have to check first whether the transsexual character actually adds anything in the story or it's a token addition to give a shout-out to the progressives.

    The other game I wouldn't buy is the new expansion for Baldur's Gate, that there's a transsexual priest that if you talk to, you have to listen to his story without an option to be a jackass to him. Because a blackguard that presses buttons to make slaves explode for the lulz in the underdark would never ever say something bad about that priest, or even a simple "I don't give a crap". Nope, he would comment on the beautiful name of the priest, before going outside to murder people for petty cash.

    The only Star wars movie I didn't go to watch, was Solo because they decided Lando would be sexually attracted to a droid, not because it added to the story but because it is the progressive shoutout the squeeky 3% of the people wants. You want someone attracted to droids? Good for you. Make a new character! I wouldn't mind that.
    Last edited by alhoon; May 19, 2019 at 09:31 PM.
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.

    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  14. #54

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I didn't even know DA inquisition had a transsexual. I also didn't say that MA Andromeda failed just because it had a transsexual in it.
    However, the reason I would never buy MA:A is because of the transsexual. Now I know that if I consider buying DA Inquisition, I will have to check first whether the transsexual character actually adds anything in the story or it's a token addition to give a shout-out to the progressives.
    So graphics, story, gameplay, and overall value for your money are less important to you than whether or not a trans character exists in the game? Do you also make other purchases solely based on if the product strokes your political ego?

    Just as a heads up you could also have a lesbian relationship in Mass Effect, and gay and lesbian relationships in Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 1 and 2. Hell, in Skyrim you could even have a same-sex marriage and adopt children (GASP!) So stay far far away from them lest you be offended.
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; May 19, 2019 at 09:39 PM.

  15. #55
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    21,437

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    So graphics, story, gameplay, and overall value for your money are less important to you than whether or not a trans character exists in the game? Do you also make other purchases solely based on if the product strokes your political ego?
    Yes.

    And thankfully so do many sane people that are fed up with gaywashing everything. So forced-progressive franchises face backlash and lose tons of money.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Just as a heads up you could also have a lesbian relationship in Mass Effect, and gay and lesbian relationships in Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 1 and 2. Hell, in Skyrim you could even have a same-sex marriage and adopt children (GASP!) So stay far far away from them lest you be offended.
    I didn't mind that. They were not forced down my throat. In Skyrim I was playing a woman character, married to a woman and having children.
    If anything, I was annoyed I couldn't be married to many women...

    There was a game, I forget which, where there's a brothel with a travestite or transsexual prostitute, Witcher I think. I didn't mind that either because it made sense.
    For all I care, the bodyguard to the left of the king in X game could be a transsexual married to a bunny. I don't give a rat's butt. Don't push it on me as normal and not make it a focus of a scene unless it is relevant. If the bunny husband has been kidnapped and in his mind there is incriminating info the bodyguard has relayed to the bunny, so be it. It has meaning.
    If it is a meeting with the king and the NPCs all line up to congratulate the transsexual guard on his\her anniversary with the bunny, I would get annoyed.
    Last edited by alhoon; May 19, 2019 at 09:56 PM.
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.

    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  16. #56

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Now I know that if I consider buying DA Inquisition, I will have to check first whether the transsexual character actually adds anything in the story or it's a token addition to give a shout-out to the progressives.

    The other game I wouldn't buy is the new expansion for Baldur's Gate, that there's a transsexual priest that if you talk to, you have to listen to his story without an option to be a jackass to him.
    Having a trans-sexual in a Baldur's Gate game and have it not effect the story at all is a lot easier than it is in a custom fantasy world, modern real world, or sci fi world story. I'm just saying. You need to familiarize yourself with Dungeons and Dragons. Slap this belt on and see what happens man. 5E they've become wusses about it though. Back in the day the Girdle was cursed and you had to find a high-powered priest to remove it for you.

    https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Girdle...(5e_Equipment)
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

  17. #57
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    21,437

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    Heh. Though there was also an argument that "bestow curse" could change one's sexual orientation, because in the good ol' days of the 90s, being gay was a curse.
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.

    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  18. #58

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    I'm just amazed that some people think MA Andromeda failed because it had a trans character. That the glitches, bad graphics, poorly written story, and general half-assedness of the finished product had nothing to do with it. No, it must be because there was one of those icky trans in it.

    Just don't mention there was a trans character in DA Inquisition. They won't want to hear it and will accuse you of persecuting them.
    So, it goes like this:
    -LIBERAL RETARDS push their agenda down everyone's throats in multiple games;
    -people protest;
    -every single game in question fails;
    -you: ''it's all coincidence waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah''

    Do you know why your side is losing? Because of these lies.

  19. #59
    Abdülmecid I's Avatar ¡Ay Carmela!
    Moderation Overseer Civitate Moderation Mentor

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4,846

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Wow, you are saying that lying liberal media do not want to admit that their ideology is hurting products? Gee. People whose profession relies on intellectual dishonesty and pathological lies doing what they do best.
    Euro Gamer and Fortune, the epitome of lying liberal machines©! So, Basil, if Euro Gamer is the Pravda of gaming journalism, then why did you personally cite it, despite contradicting your assumptions? As I said, copy-pasting random links without reading them first is a poor and self-destructive attempt at propaganda. Now, regarding the subject, it has already been established that the connection between Social Justice Politics and commercial failure is a product of your imagination, completely unsupported by facts. On the contrary, I have already provided numerous articles, how poor quality, immature humour and even fluid market trends affected negatively the sales of many products, from Gillette's razor blades to Ghostbuster sequels. After all, common sense dictates that the average consumer is more concerned with how a product actually satisfies his needs than his alleged obsession with racial politics and gender roles.

    Your argument is based on nothing more than confirmation bias, where you have selected a couple of specific cases that could potentially support your paranoid narrative and then distorted facts and misrepresented your sources, in order to establish an otherwise nonexistent between cause and result. The irony is that, in the process of justifying your agenda at the expense of objective evidence, you manage to white-wash the terrible business practices of the listed companies, the majority of which did not hesitate to sell glitched games, farcical films and badly designed comics. Meanwhile, in reality, Creative Assembly happily announces the addition of totally made-up female characters, in both historical and fantasy titles, an initiative which is immediately rewarded with positive feedback and great profits. Shockingly enough, it seems that loyalty to Warhammer lore and historical accuracy plays a secondary role, in comparison to the desire of a significant portion of the fanbase, either male or female, to enjoy maiming, killing and conquering as a remarkably bloodthirsty woman. By the way, nobody (a participant in the discussion or a journalist) has mentioned Russia, so there is no point in trying to play the victim of unrpovoked, xenophobic attacks.

  20. #60

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    Cute. This is just like any other debate with your side, like for instance immigration. Absolutely pointless. Overwhelming evidence it's not working, constant denial about it. I really don't care about that anymore.

    There are things I care about:
    1) Products with social justice agenda get consistently abysimal sales. That's a fact. You can't deny that.
    2) More and more people realizing who the problem is. That's again, a fact.
    3) They prepare accordingly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •