Page 26 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176 ... LastLast

Thread: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Didn't you argue in a neighboring thread that big tech should be allowed to arbitrarily deny platform to anyone they like?
    Not really.
    The Armenian Issue

Personally I do think that private business should be allowed to discriminate. Institutional racism is no longer acceptable today, thus any business that's openly bigoted can suffer from the effects of the free market economy.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    Personally I do think that private business should be allowed to discriminate. Institutional racism is no longer acceptable today, thus any business that's openly bigoted can suffer from the effects of the free market economy.
    Well, within reason. Nobody* wants private business to discriminate insanely. A private hospital denying service to non-whites or homosexuals or drug addicts** would be horrific.
    The discrimination alcoholics and ex prisoners do face is also downright horrible, with many ex-convicts having very few avenues aside of returning to crime as they are forced to declare they have been prisoners. Especially for the ex-convicts there is institutionalized discrimination.

A bakery politely denying to bake wedding cakes or a photographer denying to photograph gay weddings is totally fine.

Now stop making me say anti-discrimination SJW stuff.

*hopefully nobody, but we know it's not like that
    ** IMO some discrimination is happening against drug addicts in medical communities. I don't have stats, it's what I have got from several doctors.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Moderator Emeritus

Back to Ranting:
    So, my newsfeed the last couple of days is flooded with Trump's tweet about Hurricane Davis and how Trump's people have altered the image so that Trump could say that the hurricane was indeed threatening Alabama etc.

Seriously dear media? That's your criticism for what Trump has been doing for the past few days?
    Yes, if it happened it's childish. But Trump was like that and will be like that and that incident frankly affects nobody.

Find something real to bash him.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Back to Ranting:
    So, my newsfeed the last couple of days is flooded with Trump's tweet about Hurricane Davis and how Trump's people have altered the image so that Trump could say that the hurricane was indeed threatening Alabama etc.

Seriously dear media? That's your criticism for what Trump has been doing for the past few days?
    Yes, if it happened it's childish. But Trump was like that and will be like that and that incident frankly affects nobody.

*Dorian

And again alhoon demonstrates how little he knows. It's literally against federal law to alter federal weather data for the sake of your presentation. He's literally toeing the line and has been lying for 4 days now so that he can make Alabama feel like they're not forgotten in the middle of Dorian. Luckily the Alabama branch of the National Weather Service was on the spot and has been trying to shut that crap down ever since but Trump just won't shut up about it. Who knows...maybe William Barr will trump up some charges to mess with their lives.

Also legally the State Governor has to request a Federal Declaration of Emergency for aid from the federal government. North Carolina's Democratic Governor made the request. Trump lied and tries to credit the Republican Senator running for re-election in 2020. Ironic, no?

AND ALSO. ALHOON. If lying about a god damn hurricane flood situation that utterly destroyed the Bahamas and is putting many more lives in danger as we speak is not real and worth bashing Trump about...WHAT THE LIVING HELL IS. Answer. Now.
    Last edited by Gaidin; September 05, 2019 at 09:27 AM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Moderator Emeritus

First, I don't take orders from you.

Second, no, it's a nothingburger that is blown out of proportion by histrionics. Trump made a mistake, Alabama Weather service corrected it, Trump tried to hide that he made a mistake, the end.
    He didn't lie that the hurricane exists, he didn't say the hurricane is not dangerous, he just mislabeled where it would hit and he was quickly corrected by the weather service. Trump being Trump he tried to hide that he made a mistake.

It is a bit childish to try to hide the fact that he made a mistake but that's what Trump does all the time and when he was elected in 2016 the voters knew he did that.
    Lying? He's lying all the time and about much more important stuff.

That's like whining about how parents criticize a teacher for thinking that 2+2 makes 5 while she is caught trying to change student's books. Such an act alone would have been enough to fire someone like that from the profession all together.
    The Armenian Issue

Lying? He's lying all the time and about much more important stuff.
    He's septupled down about lying about the path of a life and death flooding hurricane. No president has ever done this. He's lied about politics before. This is a new thing. This is also you just not knowing American government and American politics.

It is a bit childish to try to hide the fact that he made a mistake but that's what Trump does all the time and when he was elected in 2016 the voters knew he did that.
    It is not a mistake to take a magic marker and add to a National Weather Service prediction so you can say what you want to on TV. That is a purposely done outright lie. Get your crap straight.

As PoVG says, 2+2=5 to Trump...and you.
    Last edited by Gaidin; September 05, 2019 at 11:24 AM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Moderator Emeritus

He has lied about a ton of things and things that actually matter, not just insubstantial crap like this one. No president has suggested that famous people could grab women by the genitals and I would bet no president badmouthed a goldstar family. I would also think that no president had in his past lied about bone spurs to get out of potential military duty.

Trump lied a few days ago about an important call from China that never happened about the trade war. Something that could have important ramifications for the economy.
    But sure, let's concentrate on a rubbish little thing making sure his antics on important things go unchecked because people's "Trump crap attention" has reached its limit about Trump trying to cover a victimless gaffe.
    Last edited by alhoon; September 05, 2019 at 12:11 PM.

I noticed you couldn’t name one other life and death storm disaster in your list of political purposeful lies.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

He has lied about a ton of things and things that actually matter, not just insubstantial crap like this one. No president has suggested that famous people could grab women by the genitals and I would bet no president badmouthed a goldstar family. I would also think that no president had in his past lied about bone spurs to get out of potential military duty.

Trump lied a few days ago about an important call from China that never happened about the trade war. Something that could have important ramifications for the economy.
    But sure, let's concentrate on a rubbish little thing making sure his antics on important things go unchecked because people's "Trump crap attention" has reached its limit about Trump trying to cover a victimless gaffe.
    You seem to be making a scene just to avoid admitting that you jumped to the wrong conclusion.
    The Armenian Issue

Moderator Emeritus

What do you mean? Right away I said that Trump's antics were childish. I didn't say the media lied, I said the media went into a weird hysteria over a nothingburger.

What do you mean? Right away I said that Trump's antics were childish. I didn't say the media lied, I said the media went into a weird hysteria over a nothingburger.
    Are you saying it’s nothingburger to lie about a natural disaster that has killed people and is killing people. That’s... an interesting choice of words.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Are you saying it’s nothingburger to lie about a natural disaster that has killed people and is killing people. That’s... an interesting choice of words.
    I am saying it's a nothingburger to try a childish coverup of a slip-up. Trump didn't lie about the extend of the destruction or the deaths. He lied about whether it was predicted to possibly head to Alabama in a few days or not.
    That's a nothingburger.

You are covering for Trump more than his staff. They should literally hire you.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; September 06, 2019 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Insulting others part removed
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Can we chill the out.

Back to Ranting:

It is a big deal actually. Though there is so much stuff you can criticize Trump with on a daily basis... it's hard to get fixated on any one thing.

I am saying it's a nothingburger to try a childish coverup of a slip-up. Trump didn't lie about the extend of the destruction or the deaths. He lied about whether it was predicted to possibly head to Alabama in a few days or not.
    That's a nothingburger.
    The president, not your childhood buddy, made a stupendous show of lack of USA geography or inability to read a map, not a slip-up, and he or his staff realized that and instead of just brushing it away they decided to alter weather forecast with a pen, which happens to be a federal crime. That's not nothingburger. That's the president committing federal crime on TV.
    The Armenian Issue

That kinda reminds me of how liberal media had a temper tantrum when Trump said "Baltics" instead of "Balkans". It is also quite ironic, given how people that jump to first opportunity to criticize Trump for occasional gaff tend to worship Obama, who couldn't even put words together without teleprompter. Okey-doke.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    That kinda reminds me of how liberal media had a temper tantrum when Trump said "Baltics" instead of "Balkans". It is also quite ironic, given how people that jump to first opportunity to criticize Trump for occasional gaff tend to worship Obama, who couldn't even put words together without teleprompter. Okey-doke.
    Sadly, there is not a single accurate statement in your post. Trump didn't say "Baltics" instead of "Balkans" but the opposite, and he accused Lithania and Latvia of starting the Yugoslavian war.
    The Armenian Issue

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    The president, not your childhood buddy, made a stupendous show of lack of USA geography or inability to read a map, not a slip-up, and he or his staff realized that and instead of just brushing it away they decided to alter weather forecast with a pen, which happens to be a federal crime. That's not nothingburger. That's the president committing federal crime on TV.
    And Hillary using a private server for her emails was also a crime and also a nothingburger that was blown out of proportion.
    Sure, it may be a federal crime to alter the weather forecast with a pen, but whomever decided it was a crime probably had much more solid reasons than a coverup.

And we all know that Trump can't bother to read a map. Come on, I am not sure he is aware that Puerto Rico is in USA.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Trump didn't say "Baltics" instead of "Balkans" but the opposite, and he accused Lithania and Latvia of starting the Yugoslavian war.
    That's what I mean... and you think this man knows (or cares) about USA geography or where a hurricane is headed to?