Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 610

Thread: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

  1. #21
    Mithradates's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,575

    Default Re: Studies reveal who the most racist, hateful, bigoted and intolerant people are in the Western world....

    Yeah, second biggest ethnicity is just 1.2% and the rest is under 1%, more than half of them are 0.09% or even less.
    China is a prime example of a monocultural country.

  2. #22

    Default Get woke? Go broke. How ''woke'' LIBERAL RETARDS are ruining historic brands by pushing their dumb politics

    In the beginning it was the feminazi remake of ''Ghostbusters'' (2016), which somehow wanted to prove that obese and ugly sassy women could be as funny as men.
    It was not. The film comically bombed:
    https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...99886cbd19862a

    It clearly didn't stop there. Since plenty of this people come out of literature degrees from the liberal academia, they had to seek employment. They found it writing comics at Marvel and they quickly started replacing every single straight white male character they could with a non-white, non-heterosexual, non-male new one.
    It bombed.
    ''Diversity'' didn't sell.
    https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...enated-readers
    New comics were cancelled:
    https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2017/1...ncelled/47184/
    The entire sector for the company suffered badly:
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...comics-1070616

    They didn't stop there.
    Gillette, historic razor brand, in Janurary went full SJW with an ad against ''toxic masculinity''.
    https://theconversation.com/razor-bu...he-mark-109932
    The results are in and unsurprisingly sales are...... down. Despite every other sector of the parent company (P&G) being up.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-p...-idUSKCN1RZ13Q

    The poison reached professional wrestling.
    The largest company this year went full woke with their most important event ''Wrestlemania'' feauting the first women main event, in addition to the first black man winning their championship. Did diversity increase sales?
    https://www.ft.com/content/fc3ebb8e-...c-98bf1d35a056
    Nah, and it crashed the stock too.

    Of course you have the media:
    Disney invested 400$ million in woke media ''Vice'', it admits the investment has not produced any value whatsoever. Total loss:
    https://www.vox.com/recode/2019/5/8/...ff-400-million

    For a more compehensive list you can see here:
    https://www.oneangrygamer.net/get-wo...e-master-list/

    Finally, the most catastrophic and hilarious woke experiment of them all, Battlefield 5.
    Here the game designers chose as soldiers of the WW2 Wehrmacht a katana wielding black man and a disabled woman. When people pointed out how historically inaccurate that is, the chief designer simply said: ''Don't like it? Don't buy it''.
    https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/13/ea-...ld-5-dont-buy/
    The commercial awareness of genocidal communists is obviously astounding. The entitled liberal retards didn't stop there.
    The Battlefield 5 launch party openly mocked critics:


    You know what they say however: laughs best who laughs last.
    Months later, the results are in. Battlefield 5 has been an unmitigated disaster for EA. The game sold half the copies compared to the first installment.
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-battlefield-1
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...deo-game-flops
    Within a few months the game had to be discounted 50%. The stock crashed 45% since the game launched as institutional investors pulled out.

    Maybe telling people not to buy your product and then mocking them wasn't exactly a good marketing strategy uh? That's common sense, unless you are a college educated woke wh*te liberal apparently.

    Overall, it's telling that liberals have to shove down everyone's throat their political agenda. The brands ruined perfectly represent a once successful society that's being ruined by ideological extremists who hate Western societies, hate our freedoms, hate white people, hate men, hate capitalism and hate our cultural heritage, thus are trying to destroy it.

    Will they ever stop? I don't think so. It's an agenda of genocide and they seem more than willing to take any loss (since they dump it on society anyway). This is why I argue for a radical approach: the mass boycotting of companies that follow this agenda isn't enough. We must go at the root of the problem: the liberal academia.

    Feel free to discuss how to stop the woke agenda from ruining our society or if you agree with them, how to cleanse white people to make society vibrant and diverse.

  3. #23
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    21,278

    Default Re: Get woke? Go broke. How ''woke'' LIBERAL RETARDS are ruining historic brands by pushing their dumb politics

    Good. Let the SJW-oriented franchises burn.

    Of course, I would feel much better about the OP if the histrionics about the genocidal white progressives that hate "our" culture, were not there and the OPoster focused on the actual, sourced message: Forced diversity doesn't sell.


    I could also do without the screams to go after the liberal academia or mad ravings about how all of the white progressives want to "cleanse white people". The truth of the matter is that the progressives of whatever color want to change society, not wipe out white men.
    Do I like the society they push forward? Nope. Do I like their screetches and obnoxious ways? Nope.
    Do I believe they wake up in the morning, work all day towards annihilation of everyone with low melanin content in the skin and then go to bed at night? Nope.


    I would also advise everyone to not confuse us Conservatives with people that think like the Original Poster of this thread. Not all of us have this specific obsession with progressives. We just disagree with them.
    People like the Opening poster unfortunately paint the rest of us conservatives in a very bad light and their annoying rambling is seriously on par with the SJW ramblings and the inane, unending torture of the Feminazi ideas.
    Snowflakery and blindly fanatic posts from either side of the spectrum are very annoying.


    On behalf of many sane conservatives, I have to apologize. Sorry Progressives. Some of us conservatives are indeed using the same crappy histrionics that SJWs and Feminazis use, copying their obnoxious talking style. In their crusade against progressives, they have become the very thing they oppose and they don't even realize that we are also disgusted by their way of debating.
    You have my apologies.
    Last edited by alhoon; May 19, 2019 at 04:38 AM.
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.

    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  4. #24

    Default Re: Get woke? Go broke. How ''woke'' LIBERAL RETARDS are ruining historic brands by pushing their dumb politics

    The only change they push for is less straight white men.

    Being moderate towards extremists doesn't work. Popper's paradox of tolerance is pretty clear on that: you can't be tolerant towards the intolerant or he'll wipe you out. The more these people lose, the more they push for censorship and repression. How many freedoms do you want to lose before it's too late?

  5. #25
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    21,278

    Default Re: Get woke? Go broke. How ''woke'' LIBERAL RETARDS are ruining historic brands by pushing their dumb politics

    I don't want to lose my freedoms to your side either though. I prefer to keep my freedoms.
    Back in the 40s, Americans fought against the Nazis but didn't become communists. You see, there's the middle road.
    You can demand the extremes of either side to shut up and play fair. You can vote with your money like the sane people that said "nah" and didn't buy a game with a black axis soldier yielding katanas or the gaywashed rubbish of the Marvel comics.
    Last edited by alhoon; May 19, 2019 at 04:45 AM.
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.

    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  6. #26

    Default Re: Get woke? Go broke. How ''woke'' LIBERAL RETARDS are ruining historic brands by pushing their dumb politics

    I don't want Nazis either. Where did I suggest that? I recommend being moderate towards moderates, and being radical towards radicals. Seems fair.

  7. #27
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    21,278

    Default Re: Get woke? Go broke. How ''woke'' LIBERAL RETARDS are ruining historic brands by pushing their dumb politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    I don't want Nazis either. Where did I suggest that? I recommend being moderate towards moderates, and being radical towards radicals. Seems fair.
    Take a breath and read your opening post again. Does this post sound as "moderate towards moderates and radical towards radicals" ? Because it isn't.

    I also don't think that radical-towards-radicals is a solution and I don't consider the vast majority of progressives as radicals. It's a squeaky, annoying 3%. You act like there's a big world conspiracy of countless progressives when that yoke crowd of 3% can't even agree between themselves. They turn on each other over random things.

    For example, Mass Effect Andromeda (which also went progressive and bombed) included a transsexual in order to seem progressive. The transsexuals didn't like how that person was portrayed and blacklisted it. So ME:A lost with both sides.
    Last edited by alhoon; May 19, 2019 at 05:17 AM.
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.

    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  8. #28

    Default Re: Get woke? Go broke. How ''woke'' LIBERAL RETARDS are ruining historic brands by pushing their dumb politics

    It's actually 8% (of the whole population, just just progressives, so technically you aren't even far).

    However:
    -they control the academia, the media, the social media and the international institutions;
    -politics is driven by activism, the activists are the extremists;
    -the moderates do nothing to stop the extremists, which has lead to the extremists taking over the above mentioned sectors;

    Here's how it'll go: the moderates take over government, then don't dare to stand up to extremists because those march under the flags of ''human rights'' or ''equality'', or my favourite ''Diversity, Inclusion, Equity'' (DIE). The moderates get terrified of being called racist and sexist, because that's the totality of the arguments of the extremists, thus the the former shut up, the latter take over. I don't want to live under the nutjobs nor I want my kids to suffer under their Orwellian dystopia. They must be stopped.

  9. #29
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    21,278

    Default Re: Get woke? Go broke. How ''woke'' LIBERAL RETARDS are ruining historic brands by pushing their dumb politics

    They are not 8%, I am talking about the hardcore ones.

    They don't control the academia. Some of them have influence in some academic institutions but that's all you hear about because who cares about the large majority of unis that are not like that?
    I have friends that go to universities in USA, in LA and NYC and they say that the problems are sporadic. They exist, but you can spend your whole academic life and not encounter them. One friend in Los Angeles that was also in Seattle before said that it's not like the Church-sponsored universities are free of their own firebrand conservatives.

    Politics is driven by activism true. But it is just one driving force. And there are activists on the other side as well. It's not like FB and Tweeter removed every Trump supporting commentator nor they are the only media around.
    Politicians are elected by voters and the silent majority is powerful. Hence you see democratic senators in Pro-Trump states go against party lines for the votes. And you see Republicans in districts that are threatened by democrats change their tune - in order to be elected. Perhaps not the current congressman, but the one that will take his place.


    Want a different example? business. As this very thread proves, some of the go-progressive-traiiiiinnn!!!!!! businesses got their butt handed to them because the silent majority doesn't like gaywashed characters from their youth. They prefer the originals.
    EA may have talked big, but you can bet that Battlefield 6 won't have katana-yielding Wermacht soldiers.
    Last edited by alhoon; May 19, 2019 at 05:27 AM.
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.

    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  10. #30

    Default Re: Get woke? Go broke. How ''woke'' LIBERAL RETARDS are ruining historic brands by pushing their dumb politics

    I should have posted the source:
    https://hiddentribes.us/

    They are 8%.

    Academia: the administrators are actually further on the left than professors.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/16/o...istrators.html

    Twitter and FB have done enough to make clear where their standing is. The idea that we should wait until ''everyone'' is removed is not acceptable. That's waiting until it's too late. Business are taking massive losses and still haven't dropped the agenda. Why? Because they rely on academic research. Academic research by critical theorists who rely on ideology rather than facts (they actually say this, evidence based is a ''white supremacist'' approach). So people go to university, learn ''diversity=good'', force it into their HR departments, then the company takes a hit and they are left mumbling what went wrong... before trying it again because noone in the academia has the courage to say that this thing is bad for business.

    And that's not the point anyway. The point is, for these people Paul Joseph Watson is a Nazi for disagreeing with them, just like Joe Rogan is, just like Tim Pool, just like Eric Weinstein is and those are leftists. Everyone not in line with their ideological orthodoxy is a Nazi. To them, you are a Nazi and so am I. There's zero room for debate with these people. They hate us and they get social points for making public demonstrations about how much they hate us. Until that circle stops, they are not going to stop. They get galvanized.

  11. #31
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    21,278

    Default Re: Get woke? Go broke. How ''woke'' LIBERAL RETARDS are ruining historic brands by pushing their dumb politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    And that's not the point anyway. ... . Everyone not in line with their ideological orthodoxy is a Nazi. To them, you are a Nazi and so am I. There's zero room for debate with these people. They hate us and they get social points for making public demonstrations about how much they hate us. Until that circle stops, they are not going to stop. They get galvanized.
    And my point is that while this is true for the fraction of that 8% that are braindead fanatics ... There are people on the other side that are also like that and your posts in this thread seem to support this.
    There is zero room for debate with those fanatics... on both sides. "You are with us or against us" etc. Which sounds quite like the "radical towards the radicals" that you have said.
    The side you promote hates them and dislikes the moderates for being "weak", exactly how the SJW's side hates the hardcore conservatives and dislikes, doesn't hate, the moderates for not making a stand. For the side you promote, everyone not in line with their orthodoxy is a screaming liberal\communist. To them, I am a Socialist and so are you or anyone being slightly to the left of them in any one of 10 issues.
    Take a look on what the hardcore conservatives of this site say about some slightly-less-conservative members, like me for example and you will see what I mean. I have been called leftwing \ far-leftwing several times in those political threads. To the point that I have said to several members: If you say you are center and you look around you and practically everyone else is to the left of you, you're far right, not center.

    My point is... your views in this thread are like theirs, just on the other side, and you don't realize it. The side you defend is exactly as dangerous to the silent majority as the SJWs you oppose.

    The DIE thing is signature material though...
    Last edited by alhoon; May 19, 2019 at 06:02 AM.
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.

    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  12. #32

    Default Re: Get woke? Go broke. How ''woke'' LIBERAL RETARDS are ruining historic brands by pushing their dumb politics

    There should be no difficulty in representing people of colour and women authentically in a game about the Second World War; the conflict included millions of combatants from outside of Europe and North America. The problem is that EA never had any intention of offering a faithful depiction of people of colour during the war: their only interest was in sordid profiteering. So instead of delivering an authentic representation of the 2d Sino-Japanese War, the soldiery of the British Raj, the significant contributions made by African auxiliaries or the ethnic diversity of the Soviet Union (which would have required research and craftsmanship), people of colour were summarily shoehorned into an already contrived and exhausted white narrative. That the developers then dismissed any criticisms of their approach is itself evidence that they were only ever attempting to exploit the political climate with minimum effort.

  13. #33

    Default Re: Get woke? Go broke. How ''woke'' LIBERAL RETARDS are ruining historic brands by pushing their dumb politics

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    And my point is that while this is true for the fraction of that 8% that are braindead fanatics ... There are people on the other side that are also like that and your posts in this thread seem to support this.
    There is zero room for debate with those fanatics... on both sides. "You are with us or against us" etc. Which sounds quite like the "radical towards the radicals" that you have said.
    The side you promote hates them and dislikes the moderates for being "weak", exactly how the SJW's side hates the hardcore conservatives and dislikes, doesn't hate, the moderates for not making a stand. For the side you promote, everyone not in line with their orthodoxy is a screaming liberal\communist. To them, I am a Socialist and so are you or anyone being slightly to the left of them in any one of 10 issues.
    Take a look on what the hardcore conservatives of this site say about some slightly-less-conservative members, like me for example and you will see what I mean. I have been called leftwing \ far-leftwing several times in those political threads. To the point that I have said to several members: If you say you are center and you look around you and practically everyone else is to the left of you, you're far right, not center.

    My point is... your views in this thread are like theirs, just on the other side, and you don't realize it. The side you defend is exactly as dangerous to the silent majority as the SJWs you oppose.

    The DIE thing is signature material though...
    Hm, no. The fact that I call them moderates already shows I'm not using the same reasoning as the woke liberals. To the woke liberals, everyone who's not in line with them is a Nazi. There are no moderates. It's either you are woke, or a Nazi. This is pretty evident for instance from the Evergreen College case:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH2WeWgcSMk

    In this case, there are no conservatives involved. Only moderate liberals and extremists. The moderates who reject racial discrimination get assaulted, abused, ridiculed, harassed as Nazis by people who are allegedly on their own side.

    On the other hand, I'm pretty aware of the various shades, as evidenced by the report I posted and I'm pretty clear about whom I think the problem is. I'm not bashing moderate liberals nor I think they are commies. I'm not the one requiring ideological purity. You can disagree with me, that's fine. I do exclude determinate ideas and those who promoted them, which are the topic of this thread.

    I'll accept blame for one thing in this thread. The title. It's obviously intentional and I'm using the same style of headlines the woke crowd uses in every single mainstream media. This is merely a test but I guess you can be happy I don't work for Fox News or similar networks because otherwise conservatives would be on a war path by now.

    As for the DIE, I think I took it from Gad Saad so he gets the credit.



    Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    There should be no difficulty in representing people of colour and women authentically in a game about the Second World War; the conflict included millions of combatants from outside of Europe and North America. The problem is that EA never had any intention of offering a faithful depiction of people of colour during the war: their only interest was in sordid profiteering. So instead of delivering an authentic representation of the 2d Sino-Japanese War, the soldiery of the British Raj, the significant contributions made by African auxiliaries or the ethnic diversity of the Soviet Union (which would have required research and craftsmanship), people of colour were summarily shoehorned into an already contrived and exhausted white narrative. That the developers then dismissed any criticisms of their approach is itself evidence that they were only ever attempting to exploit the political climate with minimum effort.
    It wasn't profiteering in the pure monetary sense. They wanted to score brownie points among their own social environment and they did. They forgot the part that they are supposed to sell products.

    Noone ever complained about non-white characters that are historically accurate. Indeed as you point out, there could have been plenty of legitimate examples of special corps. They could have done that, people would have liked it. They chose the ''in your face white men'' approach and got punished.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; May 19, 2019 at 07:15 AM.

  14. #34
    The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Content Staff
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    I wash my hands of this weirdness!
    Posts
    4,460

    Default Re: Get woke? Go broke. How ''woke'' LIBERAL RETARDS are ruining historic brands by pushing their dumb politics

    Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    There should be no difficulty in representing people of colour and women authentically in a game about the Second World War; the conflict included millions of combatants from outside of Europe and North America. The problem is that EA never had any intention of offering a faithful depiction of people of colour during the war: their only interest was in sordid profiteering. So instead of delivering an authentic representation of the 2d Sino-Japanese War, the soldiery of the British Raj, the significant contributions made by African auxiliaries or the ethnic diversity of the Soviet Union (which would have required research and craftsmanship), people of colour were summarily shoehorned into an already contrived and exhausted white narrative. That the developers then dismissed any criticisms of their approach is itself evidence that they were only ever attempting to exploit the political climate with minimum effort.
    Here's what I don't get.

    Depicting a black solider in WW1 was hailed as destroying Western civ for battlefield 1.

    To call it blackwashing is the biggest insult. I'm sorry but there is a reason why the West is attacked by members of its former colonial powers. There were millions of people of colour fighting against Germany. Plenty of Chinese laboruers were sent by the Republic of China to fight in WW1 and they got nothing. Indian and Sikh troops were attacking German troops back in WW1. No memorial for them. Nothing. Plenty of Indians and Africans fought in WW1 and WW2 and Indians faced the biggest brunt of them all. They had to face the Imperial Japanese when the Americans considered them a brutal enemy. Indians fought in Africa, in Europe, in the East.

    Where's the 'shoe-horned diversity' now?

    https://www.sbs.com.au/news/the-feed...-black-washing

    I call it *******.

    https://www.ozy.com/flashback/when-a...soldiers/90207

    The Senegalese in WW1 were fighting for a war which they have never been honoured for. What did they get? Films, books, literature? Point me in the direction because all I've seen is posters depicting how Black soliders would corrupt the noble Western society. French colonial posters specifically.

    Nothing.

    The majority of Britian's forces comprised of Indian troops but I don't see much British acknowledgment towards Indian troops. Sorry but I will say it. Sikh Troops are acknowledged, but Indian troops? Pah. Change my mind.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; May 19, 2019 at 07:45 AM.





















































  15. #35

    Default Re: Get woke? Go broke. How ''woke'' LIBERAL RETARDS are ruining historic brands by pushing their dumb politics

    Nobody prevents you from making a movie/book/whatever about Indian soldiers in WW1. I'm fairly sure there are books anyway, otherwise noone would remember them. Movies? Probably less.

    It's completely different from misrepresenting history according to modern needs to ideologues and tell the story and I quote ''how it should have been'' rather than how it was.

  16. #36

    Default Re: Get woke? Go broke. How ''woke'' LIBERAL RETARDS are ruining historic brands by pushing their dumb politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    It wasn't profiteering in the pure monetary sense. They wanted to score brownie points among their own social environment and they did. They forgot the part that they are supposed to sell products.
    I disagree here. Large corporations prioritise profits over everything else. EA wouldn't be the first company to misread the shouting of social activists on Twitter and in the press as being representative of their customers. If they were looking to "score social brownie points" that would only be to expand their profiteering.

    Noone ever complained about non-white characters that are historically accurate. Indeed as you point out, there could have been plenty of legitimate examples of special corps. They could have done that, people would have liked it. They chose the ''in your face white men'' approach and got punished.
    The British Raj supplied 2.5 million soldiers to combat the Axis; at least twice that number of Chinese soldiers were involved in the fight against Japanese Imperialism. This is so much more than "examples of special corps". What makes it more irritating is that the WW2 genre is crying out for a AAA shooter which is thematically expansive.

  17. #37
    The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Content Staff
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    I wash my hands of this weirdness!
    Posts
    4,460

    Default Re: Get woke? Go broke. How ''woke'' LIBERAL RETARDS are ruining historic brands by pushing their dumb politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Nobody prevents you from making a movie/book/whatever about Indian soldiers in WW1. I'm fairly sure there are books anyway, otherwise noone would remember them. Movies? Probably less.

    It's completely different from misrepresenting history according to modern needs to ideologues and tell the story and I quote ''how it should have been'' rather than how it was.
    There is no shortage of books but Indians themselves barely know about the sacrifices their descendents made for the former colonial powers.

    All I'm saying is there is a reason why diversity must exist. French Seneglease soliders or veterans - what did they get? Should it be shoe-horned in? Ofc not. An Ancient Indian in Ptolemy's court learning Ancient Greek makes more sense because it was a rare moment. Tamil merchants in South-East Asia trading with Vietnamese and Chinese merchants? Make sense.

    Same way in WW2 there were Indians fighting for Japanese, fighting for Nazis, all of them wanted independence. Instead, they should have revolted against the British and kicked them out. Whether Indians fought for the Axis Powers - it was never going to be a positive benefit had India come under Imperial Japanese rule or Nazi rule. This would make for an interesting alternate scenario. If India had declared independence, would it have been able to resist the Japanese and the Americans? Britian wouldn't be able to do anything.





















































  18. #38

    Default Re: Get woke? Go broke. How ''woke'' LIBERAL RETARDS are ruining historic brands by pushing their dumb politics

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wandering Storyteller View Post
    Here's what I don't get.

    Depicting a black solider in WW1 was hailed as destroying Western civ for battlefield 1.

    To call it blackwashing is the biggest insult. I'm sorry but there is a reason why the West is attacked by members of its former colonial powers. There were millions of people of colour fighting against Germany. Indian and Sikh troops were attacking German troops back in WW1. No memorial for them. Nothing. Plenty of Indians and Africans fought in WW1 and WW2 and Indians faced the biggest brunt of them all. They had to face the Imperial Japanese when the Americans considered them a brutal enemy. Indians fought in Africa, in Europe, in the East.

    Where's the 'shoe-horned diversity' now?

    https://www.sbs.com.au/news/the-feed...-black-washing

    I call it *******.

    https://www.ozy.com/flashback/when-a...soldiers/90207

    The Senegalese in WW1 were fighting for a war which they have never been honoured for. What did they get? Films, books, literature? Point me in the direction because all I've seen is posters depicting how Black soliders would corrupt the noble Western society. French colonial posters specifically.

    Nothing.

    The majority of Britian's forces comprised of Indian troops but I don't see much British acknowledgment towards Indian troops. Sorry but I will say it. Sikh Troops are acknowledged, but Indian troops? Pah. Change my mind.
    Did you actually read my post?

    I'm arguing in favour of authentic representations of the Second World War which are inclusive of non-whites. I would love to see properly researched depictions of the contributions made by Indian soldiers, African auxiliaries or female pilots - but we don't get that from Battlefield V. Instead we get black women fighting for the Wehrmacht so that EA can pretend to care about diversity.
    Last edited by ep1c_fail; May 19, 2019 at 07:58 AM.

  19. #39

    Default Re: Get woke? Go broke. How ''woke'' LIBERAL RETARDS are ruining historic brands by pushing their dumb politics

    Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    I disagree here. Large corporations prioritise profits over everything else. EA wouldn't be the first company to misread the shouting of social activists on Twitter and in the press as being representative of their customers. If they were looking to "score social brownie points" that would only be to expand their profiteering.



    The British Raj supplied 2.5 million soldiers to combat the Axis; at least twice that number of Chinese soldiers were involved in the fight against Japanese Imperialism. This is so much more than "examples of special corps". What makes it more irritating is that the WW2 genre is crying out for a AAA shooter which is thematically expansive.

    Hm, I get the whole ''let's pander to liberals because millennials are the most liberal generation ever'' strategy. That's true, just like the miscalculation of what most stand for is correct. However by now there's plenty of evidence that these choices are counterproductive, yet they still insist. Why?

    I'm also not sure about what your other argument is. Nobody is denying the presence of the Indian contingent. However what was the ratio of that 2.5 million to the total combatants in Europe? And I'm still not arguing that they should be left out.

    As for the Pacific front, I'm not sure anyone ever claimed it was ''all white men''s job, especially in China.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Wandering Storyteller View Post
    There is no shortage of books but Indians themselves barely know about the sacrifices their descendents made for the former colonial powers.
    Isn't that more a problem of Indian education rather than movies and videogames though?
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; May 19, 2019 at 08:08 AM.

  20. #40
    The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Content Staff
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    I wash my hands of this weirdness!
    Posts
    4,460

    Default Re: Get woke? Go broke. How ''woke'' LIBERAL RETARDS are ruining historic brands by pushing their dumb politics

    Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    Did you actually read my post?

    I'm arguing in favour of authentic representations of the Second World War which are inclusive of non-whites. I would love to see properly researched depictions of the contributions made by Indian soldiers, African auxiliaries or female pilots - but we don't get that from Battlefield V. Instead we get black women fighting for the Wehrmacht so that EA can pretend to care about diversity.
    Indeed I agree with your posts. My point was in response to Basil and a general opinion of mine. Its a bit plausible to consider that the Nazis would have used mercarnies and local troops much like colonial powers did. However I wouldn't think that point was accuracte as you say about the Wehrmacht.

    Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Hm, I get the whole ''let's pander to liberals because millennials are the most liberal generation ever'' strategy. That's true, just like the miscalculation of what most stand for is correct. However by now there's plenty of evidence that these choices are counterproductive, yet they still insist. Why?

    I'm also not sure about what your other argument is. Nobody is denying the presence of the Indian contingent. However what was the ratio of that 2.5 million to the total combatants in Europe? And I'm still not arguing that they should be left out.

    As for the Pacific front, I'm not sure anyone ever claimed it was ''all white men''s job, especially in China.

    Isn't that more a problem of Indian education rather than movies and videogames though?
    There needs to be research done on this of the 2.5 million combatants.

    Yes. Indian education leaves a lot to be desired. It needs radical change but that is for another debate.





















































Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •