Page 105 of 118 FirstFirst ... 555809596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2355

Thread: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    More reee-ing because teaching about racism bad, I guess?
    Teaching about racism is very different than telling 6 years olds "identify the racists in your family, with examples" and "you must be openly against racism, loud and confrontational".

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Can't have kids thinking those with darker skin are anything but inferiors meant for slavery or extermination, can we?
    What you said <<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>> What LT said.

Please understand that this is very different than teaching kids that those with darker skins should be treated as equal. This is a vile, vomit-inducing material that tries to turn kids to activists through brainwashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    I don't think an establishment can be far anything. It's a contradiction in terms.

Anyway, I don't disagree about the absurdity of the quoted passages. It sounds to me like an academic theory turned into dogma. Dogmatism is always dangerous. The theory itself might have its merits, but there's always people who combine zeal with stupidity, and this is the kind of thing you end up with.
    I agree with that view.
    Down with the Progressives and down with that horrible book. The people that chose it should lose their jobs.
    Cancel-culture works the other way too, or it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    It's amazing how you can just take a right-wing screed against gays from twenty years ago, or blacks from forty years ago, or Jews from eighty years ago, change a few of the nouns to be about trans people, and no one can tell the difference. THEY are still out to get all righteous God-fearing whites/heterosexuals. THEY are still coming for our children. THEY should still be persecuted and repressed and if possible removed from society by violent means.

Some things never change.
    Saying things like that and aggravating the moderates is a major reason why Trump won in 2016. It was not Russia's meddling. People that were influenced by Russian propaganda would vote for Trump anyway.
    Nope. It was that kind of crap like that post.

If the progressives keep being as divisive and trying to defend the indefensible, they will lose badly in 2022 and they will lose again in 2024. And they will deserve it.
    Last edited by alhoon; June 01, 2022 at 05:59 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    I did not say anything about "trans", quite deliberately.
    You literally said "boy in a skirt who gets to go into the girls restroom and rape girls,"
    which is a gross misrepresentation (or just you outright lying) and obviously an insinuation about trans bathroom policies.

It's a misrepresentation because no liberal is saying that a "boy in a skirt gets" to do any such thing and its a misunderstanding of what the policies even address. The incident in question had nothing to do with any liberal/Democrat/leftist policies.

It is funny because Tucker and the whole right-wing outrage machine have been shouting against trans bathroom policies because of this alleged threat yet the single incident in years time that they can find has nothing to do with trans bathroom policies. Actual proof that its the right wing that are lying all the time and their base just eats it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    ==
    I do notice however the rape, cover-up, sending the boy in the skirt to another school, where the boy in the skirt sexually assaulted another girl, and attacks on the parents, all seem to be acceptable, much like indoctrinating children that they are racists who should report on family members.
    Here you go misrepresenting the facts again. No one said that was acceptable.
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

Quote Originally Posted by chilon View Post
    You literally said "boy in a skirt who gets to go into the girls restroom and rape girls,"
    which is a gross misrepresentation (or just you outright lying) and obviously an insinuation about trans bathroom policies.

It's a misrepresentation because no liberal is saying that a "boy in a skirt gets" to do any such thing and its a misunderstanding of what the policies even address. The incident in question had nothing to do with any liberal/Democrat/leftist policies.

It is funny because Tucker and the whole right-wing outrage machine have been shouting against trans bathroom policies because of this alleged threat yet the single incident in years time that they can find has nothing to do with trans bathroom policies. Actual proof that its the right wing that are lying all the time and their base just eats it up.

Here you go misrepresenting the facts again. No one said that was acceptable.
    I, unlike you, am well aware of what I wrote.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 02, 2022 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Libel.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    T
    Saying things like that and aggravating the moderates is a major reason why Trump won in 2016. It was not Russia's meddling. People that were influenced by Russian propaganda would vote for Trump anyway.
    Nope. It was that kind of crap like that post.

If the progressives keep being as divisive and trying to defend the indefensible, they will lose badly in 2022 and they will lose again in 2024. And they will deserve it.
    Alhoon...you are simply wrong here.

First off, everything I said above is true. In America the right has always used fear and hatred of the other as the main point. It goes in a rather predictable cycle: for a few months Muslims are the other out to get us, then it's Blacks. After that it's Hispanics (or "illegals" as they are known on the right), then LGBT. Sometimes women in general are included in the cycle, but only when the right is mad one of their heroes got in trouble for sexual assault or rape.

Next, saying that we should care about the "F-your feelings!" crowd because if we don't we'll drive away some alleged moderates is nonsense. We have been very, very, accommodating to the right for many years. Our taxes provide the vast majority of the budget for their red states. We entertained their fantasies of a stolen election, treated them with kid gloves on 1/6, when in any other country people who tried to overturn an election they lost would at the very least spend the rest of their lives in prison. And don't forget how accommodating we have been on guns, with some of the laxest gun laws in the world. Pretty much anyone who needs an assault rifle for a killing spree (and there aren't many more reasons for civilians to own one) can get one quickly and easily.

And what did all of this accommodation and exceptionally favorable treatment get us? It got us four years of Trump. Clearly these moderates either still thought we were so mean that they had no choice but to vote for Trump, or there just aren't that many of them.

And yes, it is likely the Republicans sweep the midterms and 2024. With gerrymandering and the new laws in place allowing them to throw out Democratic wins by merely alleging fraud, they've pretty much enshrined permanent minority rule. By 2028 I will be surprised if there are anymore elections.
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; June 02, 2022 at 03:11 AM.

I am not saying what you say above is wrong. I think part of it is exaggerated but that was NOT my issue with your post.

What I strongly disagree with, is that this disgusting book should be held with anything but contempt and I am appalled there were educators so brainwashed that for a few months, this evil piece of propaganda made it to the schools.
    Sure, many rightwings are bad. That doesn't mean that everything that angers them is right. Don't keep your eyes closed to the many many mistakes the progressives do in their pursuit of a better society.
    This book is horrific and disgusting.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    What I strongly disagree with, is that this disgusting book should be held with anything but contempt and I am appalled there were educators so brainwashed that for a few months, this evil piece of propaganda made it to the schools.
    Sure, many rightwings are bad. That doesn't mean that everything that angers them is right. Don't keep your eyes closed to the many many mistakes the progressives do in their pursuit of a better society.
    This book is horrific and disgusting.
    Yes well "progressives". I won't dispute for a second that there are people who subscribe to extreme, borderline militant ideas about how to tackle racism. But I do think conservatives in general overestimate, or choose to exaggerate, how pervasive these ideas actually are in liberal circles. There are definitely those who see some of the jargon appear in media, corporate messages, education and, of course, politics and think all liberals are of one mind, using their professional positions in society to push through a common, radical agenda, and then they go out on the platforms where people ferret out and share incidents that fit the narrative.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Yes well "progressives". I won't dispute for a second that there are people who subscribe to extreme, borderline militant ideas about how to tackle racism. But I do think conservatives in general overestimate, or choose to exaggerate, how pervasive these ideas actually are in liberal circles. There are definitely those who see some of the jargon appear in media, corporate messages, education and, of course, politics and think all liberals are of one mind, using their professional positions in society to push through a common, radical agenda, and then they go out on the platforms where people ferret out and share incidents that fit the narrative.
    I agree. What happened in that one school is an abomination that rarely happens. I know people in USA that have kids in schools. I also see progressives in this very thread that are not of one mind.

However, even those rare examples of woke-ism gone wrong should be criticized. Same as the rare examples of anti-wokeism which is becoming a thing of its own... but we talk about that (and the book bannings) in the other thread about the conservatives.
    Two wrongs don't make a right though.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon
    I agree. What happened in that one school is an abomination that rarely happens.
    Nope. Not rare or isolated at all. With 80-85% of Americans living in urban areas, and 20% of urban K-12 students being taught CRT as of just last year, the virulent and politically charged racism repackaged as academic instruction in Richard’s book is already rampant in American schools and will continue to spread, even if the urban population cohort remains unchanged or levels off in the near future.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As parents across the country try to fight back and save their children from indoctrination by the liberal establishment, Biden’s AG has instructed the FBI to work with federal, state and local law enforcement to target parents “harassing and intimidating” school administrators, teachers and staff, which he notes has recently “spiked” in tandem with the trend noted above.

https://www.justice.gov/ag/page/file/1438986/download

Btw, this is what “harassment, intimidation, and threats of violence” from parents looks like:

If far left school bureaucrats and teachers don’t like what you have to say, they can declare you to be unlawfully assembled and have you arrested. In America.

Most Americans recognize CRT is bad for the country and don’t want it taught in our schools, especially to children. But so long as the trend continues, the material in Richards’ book will only proliferate.

Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; June 03, 2022 at 06:56 AM.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Substantial racial/ethnic and gender disparities in COVID-19 mortality have been previously documented. However, few studies have investigated the impact of individual socioeconomic position (SEP) on these disparities. COVID-19 mortality was five times higher for low vs. high-SEP adults. In regression modeling, percent of the labor force in never remote jobs explained 72% of the variance in COVID-19 death rates.

https://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/19/9/5479/htm
    Maybe if any of these unfortunate souls had done some fentanyl or meth, or better yet armed robbery, leftists might have burned down some stores and built monuments for them too. #WoRkeRsOfThEwOrlDUnItE
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

The state of California has officially rolled back anti-discrimination and anti-segregation laws just so they can institute policies that discriminate against white people in the name of anti-racism. There are colleges that have mandated no-white days, meaning you're not allowed to be on campus if you are white on those days. Certain states are trying to institute racial quotas in everything.

I would say these policies pervasiveness is not overstated.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Source?
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

There was a thread in the mudpit about the California laws and you were active in it.

Non white day in colleges

Google diversity quotas
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Citizen

So nothing actually saying no white people allowed on campus. Your claim of "colleges that have mandated no-white days, meaning you're not allowed to be on campus if you are white on those days" came straight out of your ass.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked

A.B.A.P.

And now you're grasping at straws, nice. Google day of absence. Evergreen actually did it, it made the news in america, you've most certainly heard of it. Several others also tried to do it but got shut down from above. Now there's talks of 2023.

The point is that things like this should not even exist as an idea on campus. The fact that the "progressive" ideas made students willing to exclude other students because they are the wrong colour du jour makes said ideas perverse and toxic. Everything else is just extra on the turdburger.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; June 06, 2022 at 11:46 AM.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    Nice strawman you're trying to build there.
    Pointing out that your false claim is false is not a strawman.

Now there's talks of forcing it in 2023.
    Sauce.

A.B.A.P.

Evergreen college pressured white students and faculty not to attend the campus for a "Day of Absence". When a professor (Brett Weinstein) voiced reasonable objections, he was harassed, slandered, and threatened. After significant student protests, he was forced to resign. Evergreen later settled a lawsuit with Weinstein and his wife for $500,000 after Weinstein alleged the school failed to protect him from racial hostility and threats of violence. The incident is a clear example of institutionalized liberal/leftist race essentialism.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Evergreen college pressured white students and faculty not to attend the campus for a "Day of Absence".
    Sauce?

When a professor (Brett Weinstein) voiced reasonable objections, he was harassed, slandered, and threatened. After significant student protests, he was forced to resign. Evergreen later settled a lawsuit with Weinstein and his wife for $500,000 after Weinstein alleged the school failed to protect him from racial hostility and threats of violence. The incident is a clear example of institutionalized liberal/leftist race essentialism.
    Ok, so he won. Hell of a far cry from the claim that

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    There are colleges that have mandated no-white days, meaning you're not allowed to be on campus if you are white on those days.
    So much for all that then.

A.B.A.P.

Demanding extensive proof of something that has become commonplace is demonstrative of the extent to which the liberal establishment is able to curate information through its dominance of US institutions. Anti-white and occasionally anti-Asian student activities and “BIPOC only” spaces reminiscent of segregation have been around for awhile now at US colleges. This includes explicitly barring white students from classes or other activities. To list just a handful of examples:

Northeastern University/Boston College

UC Berkley

University of Florida

University of Kentucky

UC Davis

University of Denver

University of Buffalo

The trend led US Senators to request that the DoJ look into the matter. It’s unclear what, if any action was taken.

https://www.cotton.senate.gov/imo/me...l%20Rights.pdf

Here’s a paper featured in the journal Research in Higher Education, discussing the trend, its implications for a de facto return to “separate but equal” segregation under the guise of “anti-racism,” and several more examples, including what happened at Evergreen.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Sauce?
    Bret Weinstein is a biology professor at Evergreen State College in Olympia, Wash., who supported Bernie Sanders, admiringly retweets Glenn Greenwald and was an outspoken supporter of the Occupy Wall Street movement.

You could be forgiven for thinking that Mr. Weinstein, who identifies himself as “deeply progressive,” is just the kind of teacher that students at one of the most left-wing colleges in the country would admire. Instead, he has become a victim of an increasingly widespread campaign by leftist students against anyone who dares challenge ideological orthodoxy on campus.

This professor’s crime? He had the gall to challenge a day of racial segregation.

A bit of background: The “Day of Absence” is an Evergreen tradition that stretches back to the 1970s. As Mr. Weinstein explained on Wednesday in The Wall Street Journal, “in previous years students and faculty of color organized a day on which they met off campus — a symbolic act based on the Douglas Turner Ward play in which all the black residents of a Southern town fail to show up one morning.” This year, the script was flipped: “White students, staff and faculty will be invited to leave campus for the day’s activities,” reported the student newspaper on the change. The decision was made after students of color “voiced concern over feeling as if they are unwelcome on campus, following the 2016 election.”

Mr. Weinstein thought this was wrong. The biology professor said as much in a letter to Rashida Love, the school’s Director of First Peoples Multicultural Advising Services.

“There is a huge difference between a group or coalition deciding to voluntarily absent themselves from a shared space in order to highlight their vital and under-appreciated roles,” he wrote, “and a group or coalition encouraging another group to go away.” The first instance, he argued, “is a forceful call to consciousness.” The second “is a show of force, and an act of oppression in and of itself.” In other words, what purported to be a request for white students and professors to leave campus was something more than that. It was an act of moral bullying — to stay on campus as a white person would mean to be tarred as a racist.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/01/o...n-its-own.html
    Ok, so he won. Hell of a far cry from the claim that.
    Even if I agreed that the settlement was sufficient for the significant career, legal and nonpecuniary damages incurred by the two victims, that wouldn't justify or minimize the behaviour of the perpetrators and/or enablers.

So much for all that then.
    The reaction to dissent illustrates that observing the "tradition" was functionally, if not technically, mandated.

Of course, if the Evergreen case isn't enough, institutionalized "progressive" racial sectarianism just keeps rearing its head.

Some recent examples: (1) Biden administration attempts to allocate relief according to race; (2) New York seeks to institute "race-based preferential Covid treatments"; (3) private school groups students by race; (4) universities develop racially exclusive dormitory policies; (5) California liberals attempt to abolish anti-discrimination provisions from the state's constitution (referred to above); (6) Walmart imposes race essential "training" on its staff; (7) Senior Dropbox employee publicly boasts about the company's discriminatory recruitment policies; (8) Virginia attempts to smuggle CRT inspired material into its education system, then lies about it; (9) Navy recommends "race-huckster's" book for sailors; (10) world-leading medical journal dedicates space to far-left theories of "systemic racism".

None of that ever happened, it is all lies to make IBPOC look bad and racist.
    And if any of it did or will happen, it is completely justified and the best thing ever...
    Last edited by Infidel144; June 06, 2022 at 05:39 PM.