Page 10 of 118 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    ''Il Fatto Quotidiano'' is progressive, broadly aligned with M5S, while one of its key directors is Stefano Feltri, a Bilderberg attendee and globalist advocate.
    https://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/201...rberg/5215441/
    And that's his own blog.

Clearly it has a bias, just like most, if not every, news sites do, but it's not my side's bias.
    As for the ''political motivation'', the Mayor's political position is relevant because it allows contact with social services and the creation of the scheme in question.
    So social services are evil now (and apparently liberal) not just poorly run ones in a small area with an obvious lack of oversight? Surly you must be demanding all nuclear plants close because of incidents at a couple poorly run ones?
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

That's funny you say that because the Fukushima accident resulted in libs demanding nuclear power plants plans to be abandoned altogether, and in various places, eg Germany, they succeeded.

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Really you have polling data to support rather than just Germans demanded such , French Liberals did not apparently.
    Last edited by conon394; June 28, 2019 at 01:25 PM.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Liberals are starting to notice many of them engage in Orwellian doublethink on daily basis:
    https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...orwell/590638/

We stagger under the daily load of doublethink pouring from Trump, his enablers in the Inner Party, his mouthpieces in the Ministry of Truth, and his fanatical supporters among the proles. Spotting doublethink in ourselves is much harder. “To see what is in front of one’s nose needs a constant struggle,” Orwell wrote. In front of my nose, in the world of enlightened and progressive people where I live and work, a different sort of doublethink has become pervasive. It’s not the claim that true is fake or that two plus two makes five. Progressive doublethink—which has grown worse in reaction to the right-wing kind—creates a more insidious unreality because it operates in the name of all that is good. Its key word is justice—a word no one should want to live without. But today the demand for justice forces you to accept contradictions that are the essence of doublethink.

For example, many on the left now share an unacknowledged but common assumption that a good work of art is made of good politics and that good politics is a matter of identity. The progressive view of a book or play depends on its political stance, and its stance—even its subject matter—is scrutinized in light of the group affiliation of the artist: Personal identity plus political position equals aesthetic value. This confusion of categories guides judgments all across the worlds of media, the arts, and education, from movie reviews to grant committees. Some people who register the assumption as doublethink might be privately troubled, but they don’t say so publicly. Then self-censorship turns into self-deception, until the recognition itself disappears—a lie you accept becomes a lie you forget. In this way, intelligent people do the work of eliminating their own unorthodoxy without the Thought Police.

Orthodoxy is also enforced by social pressure, nowhere more intensely than on Twitter, where the specter of being shamed or “canceled” produces conformity as much as the prospect of adding to your tribe of followers does. This pressure can be more powerful than a party or state, because it speaks in the name of the people and in the language of moral outrage, against which there is, in a way, no defense. Certain commissars with large followings patrol the precincts of social media and punish thought criminals, but most progressives assent without difficulty to the stifling consensus of the moment and the intolerance it breeds—not out of fear, but because they want to be counted on the side of justice.

This willing constriction of intellectual freedom will do lasting damage. It corrupts the ability to think clearly, and it undermines both culture and progress. Good art doesn’t come from wokeness, and social problems starved of debate can’t find real solutions. “Nothing is gained by teaching a parrot a new word,” Orwell wrote in 1946. “What is needed is the right to print what one believes to be true, without having to fear bullying or blackmail from any side.” Not much has changed since the 1940s. The will to power still passes through hatred on the right and virtue on the left.
    Meanwhile, freedom to choose your partner is next on the menu to be axed by liberals.
    https://www.westernjournal.com/study...-arent-dating/

And it is not until the straight community begins dating transgenders at a higher rate that Western civilization will truly show itself to be accepting and safe for the LGBT community.
    It's not sufficient to live and let live, you have to conform your sexual preferences to that of trannies, because otherwise the latter's feelings get hurt. In short, you can no longer be heterosexual in the liberal world. The only sexual orientation that will be acceptable is pansexual, otherwise you are transphobic.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; June 29, 2019 at 03:58 AM.

It's not sufficient to live and let live, you have to conform your sexual preferences to that of trannies, because otherwise the latter's feelings get hurt. In short, you can no longer be heterosexual in the liberal world. The only sexual orientation that will be acceptable is pansexual, otherwise you are transphobic.
    Well that's one way to twist it i suppose even though the point being trans is hard. In short nothing said you can't or should not Heterosexual or anything else nor advocated such as far as I can tell. Since I do not intend to get around the paywall I have my doubts about the selection off quotes from a site that sells Trump bumper stickers.

----

"For example, many on the left now share an unacknowledged but common assumption that a good work of art is made of good politics and that good politics is a matter of identity. The progressive view of a book or play depends on its political stance, and its stance—even its subject matter—is scrutinized in light of the group affiliation of the artist: Personal identity plus political position equals aesthetic value. This confusion of categories guides judgments all across the worlds of media, the arts, and education, from movie reviews to grant committees. Some people who register the assumption as doublethink might be privately troubled, but they don’t say so publicly. Then self-censorship turns into self-deception, until the recognition itself disappears—a lie you accept becomes a lie you forget. In this way, intelligent people do the work of eliminating their own unorthodoxy without the Thought Police."

The author can support this rambling bit of double speak how exactly?

"Orthodoxy is also enforced by social pressure
    , nowhere more intensely than on Twitter, where the specter of being shamed or “canceled” produces conformity as much as the prospect of adding to your tribe of followers does
    ."

Oh god no I might be shamed on twitter what will I do, oh wait I don't have a twitter account. So this apparently liberal only shaming is different than any other form of social shaming that has been going well on forever. Read the scarlet letter much. Ever been to a large high school with a ll of its clicks and false rumors and accusations... The simpler reality is things like Twitter just allow people to bully more easy if that was their nature to begin with no matter their political orientation. Tech will not make us all touchy feely and sing together as one. It gives the extremes on all sides a chance to find soul mates and thus produce more critical mass than they might otherwise.

On the bold that is sort a pointless statement how is social orthodoxy always enforced by social pressure. I honestly can't see Twitter ans any different than the church social.
    Last edited by conon394; June 29, 2019 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    But you implied it...

You implied family was equivalent with patriarchy
    Patriarchy isn't "legally enshrined male bias", just things running their course normally. Women play as much of an important role in patriarchy as men do.

Patriarchy isn't "legally enshrined male bias", just things running their course normally. Women play as much of an important role in patriarchy as men do.
    No implied a male biased system was equivalent to the neutral term family. I provided a definition you have not. Next you are going to say we to revive slavery because you a normal feature of civilization. Yes women play a role a subordinate one using that terminology.

Default Antifa excrements have journalist hospitalised.

30/06/2019|Police in the American city of Portland are investigating a spate of attacks that occurred in its downtown precinct, including one that targeted independent journalist Andy Ngo. Protestors from the left-wing, militant activist group Antifa shouted slurs as they punched, kicked and threw vegan milkshakes at Mr Ngo, resulting in him being hospitalised. Throwing food is becoming a tactic of some left-wing radicals. Republican Matt Gaetz was hit with a milkshake earlier this year, while the same thing occurred to prominent British politician Nigel Farage while he was campaigning in the UK city of Newcastle. Sky News host Rita Panahi says Mr Ngo’s assault shows these Antifa protestors are nothing but totalitarian, militant thugs. She says the media needs to stop referring to them as ‘anti-racist’ since they are the most ‘bigoted people you will come across.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6053940843001

Ngo, who lives in Portland had been documenting the activities of Antifa for months.

Noteworthy to mention, Antifa thugs have been adopting the tactic of ''milkshaking'', except that the milkshake is corrected with cement.

This is within a broader thread which sees a collusion between mainstream left-leaning journalists and Antifa:
    On February 1, 2017, Milo Yiannopoulos was scheduled to give a talk about free speech at the University of California, Berkeley. But he was prevented from speaking by a group of 150 or so masked, black-clad members of a then-obscure movement calling itself “Antifa.” The protestors caused $100,000 worth of damage to the campus and injured six people as they threw rocks and Molotov cocktails. Nine months later, again at Berkeley, an “anti-Marxist” rally descended into violence as approximately 100 masked Antifa members harassed journalists and beat rally organizers and attendees.
    Berkeley was where Antifa rose to national attention, but it hasn’t been the only place where the group has engaged in sustained acts of violence. At a Washington, D.C. Unite the Right rally in August 2018, Antifa members hurled objects at police and assaulted journalists. In Portland, Oregon, violent street clashes involving Antifa have become regular events. Notwithstanding claims that Antifa is a peaceful, “anti-fascist community-defense group,” it has adopted tactics that often are more violent than those of the right-wing movements that the group opposes.

And yet, Antifa often receives media coverage that is neutral or even favorable, with its membersÂ’ violence either being ignored by reporters or vaguely explained away as a product of right-wing provocation. WhatÂ’s more, anecdotal evidence has suggested that many of the mainstream reporters who are most active in covering Antifa also tend to enthusiastically amplify AntifaÂ’s claims on social media.
    In October 2018, my research partner and I decided to investigate the truth of this impression by using a mix of network mapping and linguistic analysis to see which prominent journalists who covered Antifa also were closely connected to leading Antifa figures on social media. We then inspected the Antifa-related stories these journalists had written.
    We created a data set of 58,254 Antifa or Antifa-associated Twitter accounts based on the follows of 16 verified Antifa seed accounts. Using a software tool that analyzed the number and nature of connections associated with each individual account, we winnowed the 58,254 Antifa or Antifa-associated Twitter accounts down to 962 accounts. This represents a core group of Twitter users who are connected in overlapping ways to the most influential and widely followed Antifa figures. Of these 962 accounts, 22 were found to be verified—of which 15 were journalists who work regularly with national-level news outlets.
    It should be stressed that a journalist’s close social-media engagement with any particular group should not be seen as incriminating per se. Many journalists follow—and even interact with—all manner of figures online, either out of personal curiosity, professional interest, or even as a means of developing sources. In identifying this group of 15 journalists whose engagement with Antifa is especially intense, our goal was not to accuse them of bias out of hand, but rather to identify them for further study, so as to determine if there was any overall correlation between the level of their online engagement with Antifa and the manner by which these journalists treated Antifa in their published journalism.

That correlation turned out to be quite pronounced: Of all 15 verified national-level journalists in our subset, we couldnÂ’t find a single article, by any of them, that was markedly critical of Antifa in any way. In all cases, their work in this area consisted primarily of downplaying Antifa violence while advancing Antifa talking points, and in some cases quoting Antifa extremists as if they were impartial experts.
    These journalists include, for instance, Kit O’Connell, a self-identified “proudly Antifascist” “gonzo journalist,” whose work often reads like an FAQ that one might find on an Antifa web site. In one piece, for instance, he wrote that protestors wear masks so that they may “creat[e] a sense of unity and common purpose [as they] protect other activists from attacks by police and fascists.” Another article is bluntly (and somewhat ominously) titled “Nonviolent Activists Must Never Work With Police.”

Patrick Strickland, another journalist among the group of 15, specializes in reporting on the far-right in Europe, notably Greece. His book Alerta! Alerta! Snapshots of Europe’s Anti-Fascist Struggle has a blurb written by Mark Bray, author of Antifa: The Anti-Fascist Handbook, which reads: “As a fascist darkness descends over Europe, Patrick Strickland uncovers the bars, squats, fight clubs, and street corners where resistance burns brightest. Each page of his journey breathes with the tumultuous struggles of brave anti-fascists who risk imprisonment, assault, and even death to take a stand.” Unlike O’Connell, Strickland presents himself as a serious mainstream journalist, and has written for The New Republic and Politico. As of this writing, he is listed on Al Jazeera’s web site as a senior producer for Al Jazeera English. A more prominent example is Jason Wilson, a Portland-based writer for The Guardian. One of his recent articles focused on a U.S. regional intelligence report whose authors concluded that Antifa and the far right share responsibility for street violence. “Experts say the report mischaracterizes the dynamics of the street violence,” Wilson complained.
    One of Wilson’s main “experts” in the piece, it turned out, was none other than Antifa handbook author Mark Bray, who, predictably, denounced the report’s contents as “ludicrous.” In fact, Bray makes regular appearances in Wilson’s articles. So does fellow Portland resident and eco-extremist Alexander Reid Ross, who regularly writes for Antifa publications such as the It’s Going Down anarchist news site. (Ross also contributed to a 30-year-anniversary edition publication for Earth First!, an extremist environmentalist collective that advocates what activists euphemistically call “direct action.”)
    In another column for The Guardian, this one about the 2018 “Occupy ICE” protest in Portland, Wilson quoted “local activist” Luis Marquez to the effect that “I think this occupation is a beautiful thing, a wonderful thing. Every single person here is a hero.” Marquez is in fact a prominent Antifa leader in Portland, and has been arrested on numerous occasions due to his militant behavior—including alleged theft and assault.

Interestingly, while other Portland journalists such as Genevieve Reaume of KATU News, Maggie Vespa of KGW News and Quillette’s own Andy Ngo (who has voiced concerns about Antifa’s actions) have been harassed and assaulted by Antifa activists, Wilson seems welcome to mingle freely among Antifa, and has even been photographed standing close to Marquez. In one piece, titled “How the world has fought back against the violent far-right and started winning,” Wilson effectively drops the pretense that he is a neutral reporter, and approvingly outlines the Antifa tactics set out in Bray’s book. He also defends such tactics as doxing, stalking, deplatforming and shaming as valuable means to attack individuals whose views he dislikes. In doing so, he cites both Bray and Emily Gorcenski, who runs a doxing site called First Vigil, and an associated Twitter account, which shame individuals she deems to be fascists before they have received due process.

Make no mistake: The original professed goal of Antifa—to oppose fascism—is laudable. And there are no doubt many Antifa activists who still reject violent methods. Moreover, there is nothing inherently wrong with being a journalist who has strong personal views about Antifa (or about any other radical group). But Wilson is not simply a pro-Antifa activist who also happens to write for the Guardian: He actively leverages his role as a regular Guardian writer to promote Antifa, whitewash its violence, and signal-boost its leaders (whom he presents as “experts”)—often under the guise of neutral news reporting.
    Christopher Mathias, a senior reporter for the Huffington Post, applies the same cynical approach. Like Wilson, Mathias’ byline seems to pop up whenever Antifa stages violent protests—and he always can be counted on to deliver a play-by-play that favors Antifa. But he goes even further than his Guardian counterpart. Unlike Wilson, Mathias actually doxes individuals whom he suspects of being right-wing extremists. His doxing sources for an article about suspected extremists in the U.S. military included Unicorn Riot, an anarchic Antifa journalist collective, and other shady sites that exist as a sort of in-house 4chan for the Antifa movement. (Mathias cited similar sources when he published identifying details of a Texas schoolteacher, and of a Virginia police officer.)
    MathiasÂ’ apparent modus operandi is to gather doxes of individuals whom Antifa or Antifa-friendly groups suspect of being right-wing extremists. He (or a colleague) at Huffington Post then reach out to the targetÂ’s employer asking for comment, leveraging the media outletÂ’s name to ensure the individual is called out. Then Mathias posts the doxes in his column while investigations are ongoing. As with Emily GorcenskiÂ’s First Vigil site, Mathias broadcasts detailed personal information whose release seems designed to destroy the reputation of the accused, no matter the results of any subsequent investigation. ItÂ’s unclear how this behavior differs from ordinary, everyday Antifa-style online activism.
    Of course, all investigative journalists rely on tips from the general public. But collecting tips isn’t what Wilson and Mathias appear to be doing. Like other prominent writers whose names appear among the 15 journalists most closely engaged with Antifa, they seem to function not at professional arm’s length from their sources, but rather as cogs in an activist enterprise that churns out both pro-Antifa propaganda and doxing information about real or imagined ideological enemies. Their allies in this mission include trolls such as AntiFashGordon, the pseudonym of a Twitter user who declares that “I expose fascists, get them fired, de-homed, kicked out of school etc,” and brags that he passes “dossiers” of doxes to national-level journalists, whom he refers to as “our contacts.” His entire online mission is to ruin other people’s lives, and it is a mission being supported by “contacts” like Mathias and Wilson. In providing such support, they are discrediting their publications and misinforming their readers.
    There is no doubt in my mind that many of the individuals targeted by Antifa trolls and protestors do indeed harbor noxious, hateful, bigoted and even fascistic opinions. But the intellectual dishonesty and disreputable methods being used to target these individuals is an example of the cure being as bad as the disease.
    https://quillette.com/2019/05/29/its...-cheerleaders/

Many of the aggressions are organised on Twitter but as we know, you can always count on tech bias to do absolutely nothing about. Thus it's farily safe to hold them all responsible alongside mainstream journalism.

This also sees the collusion of police forces in areas dominated by the Left:
    https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/02/n...lson-portland/
    One of the attackers has been allegedly identified. He's a transexual communist.
    https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...27824639463425
    Imagine living in a society where mentally ill people get the right to lash out at society because their lives suck.

Which leads to my point: everywhere the left is in power, they do absolutely nothing to keep their violent extremists in check, and that's best case, or as seen in the case of journalists, they collaborate with them.

UPDATE: the attacks on Ngo resulted in brain bleed.
    https://twitter.com/pnjaban/status/1145171032665235459

A variety of '''''''''''''''''''''''''''journalists''''''''''''''''' belonging to the following organizations are gloating at Ngo's fate: New York Times, Soros funded Media Matters.
    https://www.thepostmillennial.com/pr...t-of-andy-ngo/

Feel free to discuss the growing threat in our society of Antifa and why the left refuses to do anything about them. Should we start packing them altogether in the same box?