Page 16 of 118 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166116 ... LastLast

Thread: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    The term "White" is flawed in and of itself. The reality is, "Whites" themselves are a mixture of many different cultures and national backgrounds that can all be shoehorned under one label due to similarities in their social and cultural traits. Which is why racism is so ridiculous to begin with. It's based on nothing but color of one's skin.
    Reminds me of this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptSZnTtGCQA

Great news everyone. New reasons to bash liberal journalism: zoophilia promotion.
    Why are the cats sexy? And other Cats questions you were too embarrassed to ask.

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/19/207002...a-jellicle-cat

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    The term "White" is flawed in and of itself. The reality is, "Whites" themselves are a mixture of many different cultures and national backgrounds that can all be shoehorned under one label due to similarities in their social and cultural traits. Which is why racism is so ridiculous to begin with. It's based on nothing but color of one's skin.
    It gets more confusing than that. The Irish, possibly the people in Europe with the Whitest Skin color in Europe, were only considered white since XIX century.
    In his book How the Irish Became White, author Noel Ignatiev notes, “While the white skin made the Irish eligible for membership in the white race, it did not guarantee their admission; they had to earn it.”
    There's were also many political interests in defining what was white or not. Italians aren't/weren't considered "true whites" in some places, and such cases go on endlessly.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Great news everyone. New reasons to bash liberal journalism: zoophilia promotion.
    Why are the cats sexy? And other Cats questions you were too embarrassed to ask.

Bit bored today I see that's all you got. Not really read much sci fi or fantasy have you? Or looked at 60s era covers.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

The are you even talking about?
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Did... did you actually read the article in question? It's not about the animals, it's about Cats the musical and its movie adaptation.

And far from promoting zoophilia, the related question in the article (#9) is: "Why are all the Cats so ... sexualized? And what is with the fur?"

And here's the relevant section:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    It’s no real secret that humans have always had a thing for sexualizing cats — and conversely using a wealth of cat euphemisms to objectify and dehumanize women. (Think about it.) We describe two women fighting over a man as a catfight; when they get competitive, we say their “claws” come out. Cats plays right into this narrative, though in its egalitarian way, it sexualizes the men just as much as the women — most notably, Rum Tum Tugger. Watch Terrence Mann, the original Rum Tum Tugger on Broadway, aggressively thrust sex appeal at the audience:

The blatant sexuality of this number didn’t go unremarked-upon at the time; Frank Rich stated in his New York Times review that “the only real flaw in this large company is Terrence V. Mann’s Rum Tum Tugger, who tries to imitate Mick Jagger’s outlaw sexuality and misses by a wide mark.” (Mann would go on to brilliantly create the role of Les Miserables’ Javert, the most sexually repressed character ever, in the original Broadway cast.)

It’s not just one cat that’s barely clothed and gyrating around the stage, of course, but all of them. To be fair to Cats, this is mainly because, again, it’s a dance musical — the actors are dancing the entire time, so their costumes are skin-hugging, light uniforms out of necessity as much as style.

But Hooper, in his strange relish for recreating the exact parameters of the musicals he adapts (arguably to their detriment), seems to have wanted to recreate the flesh-colored appearance of scantily clad, nearly-nude cats, in the vein of the original theatrical costumes — but using photorealistic CGI fur to do it with.

A note on CGI fur: Hooper and his cast of actors kept emphasizing the fur a tremendous amount in their behind-the-scenes footage of Cats. There’s a reason for that: The difficulty of making CGI fur look realistic is a notorious element of CGI animation; it’s apparently so difficult to animate that scientists are researching how to do it better. The difficulty of creating convincing CGI fur is partly what led to a brief fandom backlash over a pet in Game of Thrones. So when Taylor Swift says excitedly that Hooper has invented a new way to apply CGI fur to the actors in Cats, she’s probably really, truly excited. It’s probably a big deal.

But of course, as we all saw in the trailer, no matter how advanced the technology is, CGI fur still looks really weird, especially when it’s paired with Hooper’s near-nude costume designs. And especially when those nearly-nude costumes mainly seem to be worn by the young women in the cast and not the men:

Then there’s the existential crisis that results when you have cat-furred cats wearing cat-fur coats — like a terrible CGI furception:

All in all, sexy cats notwithstanding, this does not seem to be the kind of movie that results in a new generation of furries being born. If anything, Cats might actually have the opposite effect, and cause many of us to reconsider why we’ve spent so much time anthropomorphizing our feline friends into sexy creatures of the night.

Quality of the article aside, it's not endorsing or promoting anything, just remarking on a trend it signals. Given the last paragraph it's arguably against the sexualisation.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    And here's the relevant section:
    It’s no real secret that humans have always had a thing for sexualizing cats — and conversely using a wealth of cat euphemisms to objectify and dehumanize women.
    No. That's not human practice. Here the closest thing I can find to my memory are Japanese cosplayers with cat ears. That's it. Humans don't have a thing for sexualizing cats. Liberals that write at Vox apparently do, thus I don't want them anywhere near my cat, my girlfriend or in my society.

ing liberals of Vox are now molesting cats.

Interesting. Journalists write about one aspect of idolization of cats that perhaps is as old as the ancient world and Basil feels the need to express that as a molestation of cats because by his own admission he has no personal knowledge on the matter. That's what we call degenerate stance on trivial matters.
    The Armenian Issue

No. That's not human practice. Here the closest thing I can find to my memory are Japanese cosplayers with cat ears. That's it. Humans don't have a thing for sexualizing cats. Liberals that write at Vox apparently do, thus I don't want them anywhere near my cat, my girlfriend or in my society.

ing liberals of Vox are now molesting cats.
    Possibly mildly NSFW, though nothing that would break site terms I imagine.

-Gustave Moreau, Oedipus and the Sphinx, 1864

-Halle Berre as Catwoman, 2004

-Bastet, an ancient Egyptian goddess associated with (human) fertility, of whom Herodotos recounts that she was worshipped in a festival which involved a lot of alcohol and women lifting their skirts.(2.60):

The song Cat Man by Gene Vincent, 1957. Lyrics:
    Cat Man's a-coming, you better look out
    Cat Man's a-comin', running about
    Cat Man's a-comin', lookin' for a girl
    Better hide your sister man!
    "C" is for the crazy hairdo that he wears around
    "A" is for the arms, that he'll sneak around your waist
    "T" is for the taste of lips belong to you
    Cat Man, CAT MAN!
    (Yeah...git it...go!)
    "M" is for the mean things that this mean man does
    "A" is for a-lot-of hearts that he has ever broke
    "N" is for the names of the list you may be on
    Cat Man, CAT MAN!
    (Rock!)
    Cat Man a-lookin' for a woman all day long
    Ah-better watch out 'cause he is in you midst
    Ah-better watch out 'cause or you're gonna be kissed
    Better watch out 'cause he is in you midst
    Cat Man, CAT MAN! (Yeah)
    Better watch out 'cause I'm the Cat Man
    CAT MAN!

I could probably find different (and raunchier) examples, but the idea stands that people have associated cats with human sexuality in the past, though generally in the shape of antropomorphizing cats or ascribing feline traits to humans. Not so much, you know, bing actual cats. You also conveniently ignored the last paragraph I quoted in my previous post, which expresses a lack of enthusiasm for the portrayal of the cats in the Cats movie described therein and hence goes against the idea that the writers were promoting zoophilia.
    Last edited by Cohors_Evocata; July 22, 2019 at 05:01 PM.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

I didn't find the last paragraph particularly interesting.

As for the examples you posted, Bastet isn't particularly relevant when in the context of a religion of zoomorphic gods and the goddess of fertility was Isis. The Sphinx technically was female, but I'm unsure about its sexualization. Catwoman definitely counts, we can accept the Catman song you posted as well.

I don't find the sexualization as common as suggested.It can be an occasional thing, but then again, so are furries and I'm not exactly a fan of their lifestyle.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; July 22, 2019 at 05:13 PM.

I heard that in Europe there's bestiality brothels all over the place. So enlightened and progressive.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Nah. They are or were legal in Denmark or something along the lines. Germany is filled with furries though.

I didn't find the last paragraph particularly interesting.

As for the examples you posted, Bastet isn't particularly relevant when in the context of a religion of zoomorphic gods and the goddess of fertility was Isis. The Sphinx technically was female, but I'm unsure about its sexualization. Catwoman definitely counts, we can accept the Catman song you posted as well.

I don't find the sexualization as common as suggested.It can be an occasional thing, but then again, so are furries and I'm not exactly a fan of their lifestyle.

The last paragraph was arguably the one most disapproving of the portrayal in the movie, but I digress.

Bastet's case was chosen more for the worship described by Herodotos, though the the great thing about polytheism is that multiple gods can have multiple roles (heck, even Aphrodite was more of a martial goddess in Sparta). Nor do I assume the choice of animal attributes for the various Egyptian gods was entirely random; AFAIK it's assumed that the zoomorphism must have had some symbolic importance (e.g. Anubis: jackal-death, Horus: falcon-sky, far-seeing etc.), but I won't pretend to be an expert on that, The painting of the sphinx was chosen because of the pose Moreau placed the characters in, in contrast to e.g. this one, which seems more chaste (and even then the painter is quite specific with his highlighting):

Regardless, for some other examples (once again, fairly tame):

-Charles Baudelaire, Le Chat (1857 - in English translation)
    My beautiful cat, come onto my heart full of love;
    Hold back the claws of your paw,
    And let me plunge into your adorable eyes
    Mixed with metal and agate.
    When my fingers lazily fondle
    Your head and your elastic back,
    And my hand gets drunk with the pleasure
    Of feeling your electric body,
    I see in spirit my personal lady. Her glance,
    Like yours, dear creature,
    Deep and cold, slits and splits like a dart,
    And from her feet to her head,
    A subtle atmosphere, a dangerous perfume,
    Swim around her brown body.
    — Geoffrey Wagner, Selected Poems of Charles Baudelaire (NY: Grove Press, 1974)

-Freyja, Norse goddess of love, rode on a cart pulled by two cats (Gyflaginning, 24)
    -Édourd Manet, Olympia, 1863. Quite controversial at the time. The usage of the black cat is ambiguous, but is supposed to have been associated with promiscuity, femininity and even prostitution, from what I've been able to find.

-Various terms related to sexuality and women in the English language: sex kitten, cougar and most obviously, well...

Look, I'm not saying that the link between cats and (female) human sexuality is one that is all over the place in modern culture (really, so far it seems mostly a French thing ), but it's not pulled out of thin air either. Accusing the writers of VOX of promoting zoophilia or molesting cats by pointing that out is somewhat unfair IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    I heard that in Europe there's bestiality brothels all over the place. So enlightened and progressive.
    Ya got a source for that?

My thanks in advance.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

really, so far it seems mostly a French thing
    Was a cat in the picture often a note that the women was of the sexually available type even outside of nudes?
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    The last paragraph was arguably the one most disapproving of the portrayal in the movie, but I digress.

Bastet's case was chosen more for the worship described by Herodotos, though the the great thing about polytheism is that multiple gods can have multiple roles (heck, even Aphrodite was more of a martial goddess in Sparta). Nor do I assume the choice of animal attributes for the various Egyptian gods was entirely random; AFAIK it's assumed that the zoomorphism must have had some symbolic importance (e.g. Anubis: jackal-death, Horus: falcon-sky, far-seeing etc.), but I won't pretend to be an expert on that, The painting of the sphinx was chosen because of the pose Moreau placed the characters in, in contrast to e.g. this one, which seems more chaste (and even then the painter is quite specific with his highlighting):

Regardless, for some other examples (once again, fairly tame):

-Charles Baudelaire, Le Chat (1857 - in English translation)
    My beautiful cat, come onto my heart full of love;
    Hold back the claws of your paw,
    And let me plunge into your adorable eyes
    Mixed with metal and agate.
    When my fingers lazily fondle
    Your head and your elastic back,
    And my hand gets drunk with the pleasure
    Of feeling your electric body,
    I see in spirit my personal lady. Her glance,
    Like yours, dear creature,
    Deep and cold, slits and splits like a dart,
    And from her feet to her head,
    A subtle atmosphere, a dangerous perfume,
    Swim around her brown body.
    — Geoffrey Wagner, Selected Poems of Charles Baudelaire (NY: Grove Press, 1974)

-Freyja, Norse goddess of love, rode on a cart pulled by two cats (Gyflaginning, 24)
    -Édourd Manet, Olympia, 1863. Quite controversial at the time. The usage of the black cat is ambiguous, but is supposed to have been associated with promiscuity, femininity and even prostitution, from what I've been able to find.

-Various terms related to sexuality and women in the English language: sex kitten, cougar and most obviously, well...

Look, I'm not saying that the link between cats and (female) human sexuality is one that is all over the place in modern culture (really, so far it seems mostly a French thing ), but it's not pulled out of thin air either. Accusing the writers of VOX of promoting zoophilia or molesting cats by pointing that out is somewhat unfair IMO.
    But in many of those cases it's not the cat that's sexualized. There's a sexualized woman and a cat presence possibly hinting some ambiguous behavior. If we want to go with that point, then fine but conceptually speaking those are quite different.

Default A case of liberal treason: Sandro Gozi

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...to-fight-about

Who's he?
    The former Minister for European Affairs under the center-left liberal governments of Matteo Renzi and Paolo Gentiloni.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandro_Gozi

Recently hired in the very same position by Emmanuel Macron for the French government. Gozi had also run for Macron's party in the recent European Parliament elections, falling short due to the abysimal performance of the party of the highly impopular French President, whose government so far has killed at least 10 protesters.

Macron's liberal government has also waged war against freedom of speech:
    https://thehill.com/opinion/civil-ri...to-free-speech
    and freedom of information:
    https://www.ft.com/content/6fe3b1fc-...9-290979c9807a

He's also actively destabilizing Lybia by providing weapons to insurgements against the UN recognized Tripoli government.

I find it pretty interesting that liberals are overly eager to use conspiracy theories to associate patriotic parties to the Russian government, yet they are the ones to regularly backstab their fellow countrymen at every occasion. A country's Minister swears on the Constitution to serve the national interest and only that.

How can someone like Gozi, who probably knows confidential information due to his work for the Italian government, serve a hostile foreign power?
    For those who studied a bit of colonialism, they should be aware that colonial empires regularly relied on local elites to manage affairs. Gozi is a perfect example, alongside his party, the Italian Democratic party, whose enamourment for Macron is notorious as they added the French flag to their social communication profiles:
    https://www.repubblica.it/politica/2..._me-218650843/

The irony is that plenty of stupid liberals still wonder why they are despised so much by the vaste majority of the country. They legitimately get off at the idea of prostituting themselves to foreigners and seem to be unable to understand why the rest of the population is not appreciative of such habits.

I think this is a great example that truly reveals the great cleavage about our time: the people against the liberal elite. A true battle of good versus evil.

What do you guys think? Would you be happy to see a former minister of your country serving a hostile foreign power? Would you consider him a traitor?