Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930

Thread: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    It has more to do with the sense of entitlement that plagues all spectrum of life.
    Indeed, "if I didn't like it, then nobody should see it" is the disgusting mentality of the current "woke" elitists.
    Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    I know what to do if I am ever accused of racism. Certain people are only able to respond by shouting "censorship" and misinterpreting Orwell. (some other day we will talk about racists and their intellectual limitations).
    Well censorship and authoritarianism are inherently Orwellian. But given how "woke" ones hardly consider what the term actually means, majority of the world is "racist" according to them.

alhoon's Avatar Moderator

Soooo... my American (and UK) friends, I have a question.

If a white person dresses up as MLK or Nelson Mandela (including blackface) to honor them during the Hallowing or whatever masked revelry they have in UK... is that person a racist?
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)

Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

mishkin's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Since when do people dress up on Halloween to honor personalities?

It is quite weird to nowadays admire a fighter against racism (that person knows what blackface means, right? Tell him if he does not) and paint your face, really. Very weird. I might not say that this person is racist, but surely he is an idiot.
    Last edited by mishkin; Today at 08:33 AM.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Soooo... my American (and UK) friends, I have a question.

If a white person dresses up as MLK or Nelson Mandela (including blackface) to honor them during the Hallowing or whatever masked revelry they have in UK... is that person a racist?
    At least the US you really can't ignore the cultural baggage of black face. Its just not a good ideal as white person.

You don't generally set to honor somebody at Halloween. Google a Nixon or Bill Clinton mask - the intent is satirical in most versions.

That being said if you wanted to be a historical person for real you could go here for example and get essentially a life like mask and even a Nelson Mandela one.

https://www.celebrity-cutouts.co.uk/...k/politicians/

But as a white guy born in Detroit and raised there and around SE Michigan - black face is more or less asking for an @ss kicking (and deserving it), unless you are at elite white people party in the Northern Suburbs or hang with the Michigan Militia. Its fundamentally insensitive and really there is no reason to do it.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.