Page 51 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2355

Thread: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    We're talking about the DoJ. Your arguments have no sense in relation to that.
    The Department of Justice (ie. the US) would be the party plaintiff. Their attempts to settle with the university prior to litigation is typical.

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    The Department of Justice (ie. the US) would be the party plaintiff. Their attempts to settle with the university prior to litigation is typical.
    They're not settling. They're moving forward; a bizarre concept in litigation.
    The Armenian Issue

They're not settling. They're moving forward; a bizarre concept in litigation.
    I know, but they attempted to settle (and may attempt to settle again), which is typical. It is not evidence, as you claimed, that the DoJ has no case (or a weak case) against the university (which is why we're discussing this).
    Last edited by Cope; September 23, 2020 at 01:54 PM.

I know, but they attempted to settle (and may attempt to settle again), which is typical. It is not evidence, as you claimed, that the DoJ has no case (or a weak case) against the university (which is why we're discussing this).
    Where did they attempt to settle it?
    The Armenian Issue

Where did they attempt to settle it?
    The DoJ issued the preliminary demands mentioned above, which the university rejected.

“Given our commitment to complying with federal law, we are dismayed that the DOJ has made its determination before allowing Yale to provide all the information the Department has requested thus far,” the university said in a statement. “Had the Department fully received and fairly weighed this information, it would have concluded that Yale’s practices absolutely comply with decades of Supreme Court precedent.” The university said it considers a multitude of factors and looks at “the whole person when selecting whom to admit among the many thousands of highly qualified applicants.”

“We are proud of Yale’s admissions practices, and we will not change them on the basis of such a meritless, hasty accusation,” the statement said.

Feds: Yale Discriminates Against Asian, White Applicants, CBS New York, Aug 13th.
    Last edited by Cope; September 23, 2020 at 03:27 PM.

The DoJ issued the preliminary demands mentioned above, which the university rejected.
    What were those demands? The ones you mentioned in post #995? Then no. Thats not the DoJ settling. That's them moving on.
    The Armenian Issue

What were those demands? The ones you mentioned in post #995? Then no. Thats not the DoJ settling. That's them moving on.
    Those were the terms the DoJ offered to resolve the matter out of court. The university rejected them.

“Given our commitment to complying with federal law, we are dismayed that the DOJ has made its determination before allowing Yale to provide all the information the Department has requested thus far,”
    Has not provided all the information requested...
    I think I read this investigation has been going on for two years.

The inherent flaw of liberalism is that it relies on elites being truly liberal, which is not the case with the West today, where control resides with international finance circles and corporations which are despotic and authoritarian in nature and simply use liberalism as vague ideological framework, while forcing policies that are illiberal politically(like anti-free speech laws in Europe) and economically (corporate bailouts in North America).
    Essentially to a modern Westerner liberalism lost its ideological meaning that was given to it by Mill or Voltaire, instead what is understood under liberalism is corporate authoritarianism.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02483-2

Nature, the most prestigious of scientific journals, published the above. Men have double+ the chance to die from COVID than women.
    OK, why is that in a rant thread about progressives?!

Easy: It is ammo in my quiver that whatever progressives say, the genders are two. You are either a man, or a woman. Saying you're a different gender than what you were born as and bashing Rowling for telling you you are deluding yourself, won't stop the virus from affecting a specific gender more, because the virus doesn't give a crap about twitter and trends and is not politically correct.
    It is also good to have scientific articles ignore the foolishness of the 2020s PC police. Don't get me wrong, the vast majority of articles that deal with real science instead of sociology crap refer to men and women as men and women, without bowing down to the PC thugs. But it is good to see this trend continuing.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

There is legal action against a London gender clinic going back 15 years. In 2005 they had patients in the 100s, nowadays it’s in the 1000s. What looks to me like a cover up of medical malfeasance is liable to be found out here, with children being hurt in the middle of it all.

One euphemism on the Spotlight programme about Tavistock clinic that amused was ‘Doctors were hesitant to refuse treatment due to patient organisations’. In other words, political activists.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-54374165
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Here is one of the wonders of Multi-culturalism that Progressives so much espouse.

My opinion is "When in Rome, do as the Romans". If you don't like how we do things here buddy, don't come here. As long as you're here, you should stay within the line. If you want to keep your culture, stay where it is prevalent.

One of the few things that I agree with the Middle Eastern Muslim countries, is the criminalization of Proselytism. I wouldn't go as far as execution, but it certainly should be fined. Kudos to them for protecting their culture from the Westerners and we should start taking the lesson.
    Freedom to practice your religion should not be equitable with freedom to proselytize and worse, radicalize others.
    Last edited by alhoon; October 16, 2020 at 05:01 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    One of the few things that I agree with the Middle Eastern Muslim countries, is the criminalization of Proselytism. I wouldn't go as far as execution, but it certainly should be fined. Kudos to them for protecting their culture from the Westerners and we should start taking the lesson.
    Freedom to practice your religion should not be equitable with freedom to proselytize and worse, radicalize others.
    Do you really support using violence against people for the sole crime of sharing their religious beliefs? Do you believe the Apostles committed sin by sharing the Good News about Jesus?
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    Do you really support using violence against people for the sole crime of sharing their religious beliefs? Do you believe the Apostles committed sin by sharing the Good News about Jesus?
    I said "should be fined".
    I don't support using violence against people for sharing their religious beliefs. I support fines for people that actively try to proselytize against the state religion and heavier penalties on those that radicalize their flock (prison, not violence).
    The Apostles didn't try to form Christian militias and they didn't espouse beheadings over caricatures. It took 3 centuries since the Apostles for Constantine the Great to march behind the Cross and 6 centuries before the Church actively helped fund a war to reclaim the Holy Cross (Heraclius and the Zoroastrian Persians). As such, no, the Apostles didn't radicalize anyone.

And of course, anyone that doesn't like it, is free to leave for Multi-Culti places or return to their corner where their culture and religion is dominant.
    If one leaves his homeland because of religious strife, he should not bring that same religious strife to the country that shelters him nor seek to change the culture that he found there. If he doesn't like our values, he can always leave. If it is too dangerous for him to leave, then he should stay here respectful of our culture, language and religion.
    When in Rome, do as the Romans.
    Last edited by alhoon; October 17, 2020 at 04:36 AM.

https://apnews.com/article/race-and-...006f76529219cf

2 star general of the marines relieved from command because ... he didn't speak nice.
    In the post-cold-war era apparently tactical skills and administrative skills are secondary for the Marines.

"Knowing your children will one day be forced to read my book on anti-racism in school on your tax dollars makes me so happy."
    Frederick Joseph
    @FredTJoseph
    Author “The Black Friend” (2020)
    | Frmr National Surrogate @ewarren & @berniesanders

https://twitter.com/FredTJoseph/stat...15494025719809

pacifism's Avatar see the day
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Where did you even find that guy and decide that anyone cares about him? Searching for him on Wikipedia redirects you to Fred Flintstone.
    Read the latest TWC Content and check out the Wiki!
    ---
    Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement

Quote Originally Posted by pacifism View Post
    Where did you even find that guy and decide that anyone cares about him? Searching for him on Wikipedia redirects you to Fred Flintstone.
    Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    "Knowing your children will one day be forced to read my book on anti-racism in school on your tax dollars makes me so happy."
    Frederick Joseph
    @FredTJoseph
    Author “The Black Friend” (2020)
    | Frmr National Surrogate @ewarren & @berniesanders

https://twitter.com/FredTJoseph/stat...15494025719809
    Another good reason for school choice.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

I like that Fred fellow. He made the boys a bit upset.
    Optio, Legio I Latina