Page 114 of 118 FirstFirst ... 146489104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2355

Thread: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    Good thing no one said anything about banning anyone from campus.
    You did though. It was the whole point of your supposed correction of me and your subsequent ignoring of my question. Your best bet at this point is to admit that you're willing to go after cheap shots and try to sensationalize it beyond logic.
    The Armenian Issue

Feel free to quote me saying anyone was banned from campus.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Feel free to quote me saying anyone was banned from campus.
    Your post #2239 in response to my post #2238 and your lack of response to my asking for clarification in #2240.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Your post #2239 in response to my post #2238 and your lack of response to my asking for clarification in #2240.
    So, no statements from me about banning anyone from campus? Got it.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

So, no statements from me about banning anyone from campus? Got it.
    That would be post #2239.
    The Armenian Issue

Why not quote it then?

Why not quote it then?
    Are you unable to find the post #2239?
    The Armenian Issue

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by swabian View Post
    Mayhaps you are forgetting about the self-referentiality of your question.
    That is fine. As long as it's not self-contradictory.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

The article isn’t about democracy. The overlap between being a Zionist and being a Jew is basically 1:1, which is why “anti-Zionism” has long been used as a proxy by anti-semites. As for the specific connection to the topic under discussion, again, the article speaks for itself.
    Yes, but the uni did not ban Jews or even Zionists from attending. They just banned the opinion they don't like to create an echo chamber. A Zionist can get in there and attend, he or she is just not invited to speak.

The overlap between A.C. Milan fans and white people is also basically 1:1. Saying "We don't invite people that speak in favor of A.C. Milan!!!!" doesn't:
    - target white people, just A.C. Milan fans that happen to be overwhelmingly white
    - doesn't prohibit A.C. Milan fans from attending.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Yes, but the uni did not ban Jews or even Zionists from attending. They just banned the opinion they don't like to create an echo chamber. A Zionist can get in there and attend, he or she is just not invited to speak.

The overlap between A.C. Milan fans and white people is also basically 1:1. Saying "We don't invite people that speak in favor of A.C. Milan!!!!" doesn't:
    - target white people, just A.C. Milan fans that happen to be overwhelmingly white
    They also didn't ban Zionists or pro-Israeli's from asking questions to speakers in such events.
    The Armenian Issue

Again, it doesn’t really matter whether you agree with article’s characterization. The de facto ban on most Jews as speakers is discriminatory, for reasons already quoted to you from the article. If you were banned from posting on TWC unless you adhere to the position that Greece should not exist as a country because it rightly belongs to Turkey, that would be discriminatory against Greeks, regardless of the fact Greeks would not be explicitly banned from TWC membership as an ethnicity. If you were banned from posting on TWC unless you adhere to the position that Ukraine is a fake country created by a western conspiracy, and it rightly belongs to Russia, that would be discriminatory against Ukrainians. This isn’t a difficult concept, especially since the use of anti-Zionism as a cover by anti-Semites is well-established.
    Are you unable to find the post #2239?
    I can. You claimed post #2239 is about banning Jews from campus, so I asked you to quote it. Or you could just admit you’re lying.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; October 05, 2022 at 10:22 AM.

I can. You claimed post #2239 is about banning Jews from campus, so I asked you to quote it. Or you could just admit you’re lying.
    If you can then you know how pointless your dance around it not to admit it is.
    The Armenian Issue

If you can then you know how pointless your dance around it not to admit it is.
    Then you’d be able to quote me saying so.

Like this?

Not inviting speakers that support Israel or Zionists means that they are creating Jew free zones now? You seem to be altering what terms mean to create a narrative there. Why? Does the idea of not inviting those speakers by itself not have enough merit for criticism?
    Banning the vast majority of Jews means that they are creating Jew free zones
    Fixed.
    Vast majority of Jews are speakers at events? What a feat...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian
    *no response
    The Armenian Issue

The de facto ban on most Jews as speakers is discriminatory,
    Of course it is discriminatory. But it is not racism. It is a different form of discrimination, based on ideology. That's where we disagree.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Like this?
    So you were the one saying Jews are being banned from campus? Because as you’ve just demonstrated with those quotes there, that’s not what I nor the article said.
    Of course it is discriminatory. But it is not racism. It is a different form of discrimination, based on ideology. That's where we disagree.
    I’m not really interested in whether or not you think discrimination against Jews qualifies as racism lol.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; October 05, 2022 at 01:19 PM.

So you were the one saying Jews are being banned from campus? Because as you’ve just demonstrated with those quotes there, that’s not what I nor the article said.

I’m not really interested in whether or not you think discrimination against Jews qualifies as racism lol.
    Discrimination against Zionists is not anti-semitism.

That sounds awfully identical to "minority group X can't be racist." Though I would be open to your arguments that discrimination against Zionists isn't anti-semitism. I'd posit that the overwhelming majority of anti-zionists are also anti-semites. Please prove me wrong.

Discrimination against Zionists is not anti-semitism.
    It is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADL
    Anti-Zionism is distinct from criticism of the policies or actions of the government of Israel, or critiques of specific policies of the pre-state Zionist movement, in that it attacks the foundational legitimacy of Jewish statehood.

Anti-Zionism is antisemitic, in intent or effect, as it invokes anti-Jewish tropes, is used to disenfranchise, demonize, disparage, or punish all Jews and/or those who feel a connection to Israel, equates Zionism with Nazism and other genocidal regimes, and renders Jews less worthy of sovereignty and nationhood than other peoples and states.
    The article in question also explained this, and it’s frankly embarrassing to go back and forth for pages over something so basic.

That the article said something, doesn't make it true.