Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: ''Diversity'' and ''Inclusion'' in the UK: the rise of the Racist White Liberals

Default Re: ''Diversity'' and ''Inclusion'' in the UK: the rise of the Racist White Liberals

I'm not American so that doesn't count. You track your heritage back to Normas? Even if it's the case, I doubt it's more than 10% at this point because there was never any attempt to preserve Norman blood.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Default Re: ''Diversity'' and ''Inclusion'' in the UK: the rise of the Racist White Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Basil’s Italian
    No that's Manwell and he's Spanish.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire -WONDERBOLT! View Post
    Which doesn't reflect multiple ancestor paths. 1/5 is related to royals, 1/2 to nobles, it doesn't make them those things, or exclusively related to them. indeed if anything that show historical integration, which was Norman policy.
    I don't know what you're saying. If it's not clear, the percentage is the total contribution of Anglo-Saxons to the modern English gene pool, which varies by region. It's not the percentage of English people descended from Anglo-Saxons. All ethnic English people are descended from both Iron Age Britons and Anglo-Saxons. The number of genealogical paths is irrelevant. At that distance there is pedigree collapse anyway, and the vast majority of genealogical ancestors are not genetic ancestors since each individual only has so much DNA. If you pick a random man in England one thousand years ago, mathematically it is a near certainty that he is either the ancestor of all ethnic English people living today or he has no living descendants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire -WONDERBOLT! View Post
    No that's Manwell and he's Spanish.
    I'm actually Italian. (Not Italian-American or other).
    My parents are from Naples and my ancestors were there for centuries according to all available documents.

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    I don't know what you're saying. If it's not clear, the percentage is the total contribution of Anglo-Saxons to the modern English gene pool, which varies by region. It's not the percentage of English people descended from Anglo-Saxons. All ethnic English people are descended from both Iron Age Britons and Anglo-Saxons. The number of genealogical paths is irrelevant. At that distance there is pedigree collapse anyway, and the vast majority of genealogical ancestors are not genetic ancestors since each individual only has so much DNA. If you pick a random man in England one thousand years ago, mathematically it is a near certainty that he is either the ancestor of all ethnic English people living today or he has no living descendants.

Of sorry, I was looking at it from the opposing angle, that 38% of people were related to the saxon, not 38% of DNA I got that wrong, thanks for the clarification. I still don't see why it matter though.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    I'm not American so that doesn't count. You track your heritage back to Normas? Even if it's the case, I doubt it's more than 10% at this point because there was never any attempt to preserve Norman blood.

Fine, then lets say it turns out you're Lombardi, or Burgundian, or whatever post roman tribes settled in Italia, do you want to have to move the the middle of Russia? Cos I don't want to move to France or Norway thanks.

Not as such, it would be very expensive and involve exhumation and DNA tests, but I have a Norman Surname, I am more Irish and Scots than it though.

Normans weren't Eugenicists. It doesn't matter. The point is this is the 21st century, and all that was a long time ago.

Blood matters not, actions do.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Hm, my surname is Greek sounding, but it isn't clear if it's from Byzantine ruled Southern Italy or original Greek colonists before Rome took over. Either way I look Mediterranean, I could pass for Spanish, Italian or Greek and if there was Greek blood, it mixed with local Italians for centuries.

Now, to give validity to your argument, arguing for an identity based on blood purity would be ridiculous. Nor I care about that. However, tribal identities can be based on a lot of factors and that includes looks. If I was born in China while my parents were on a trip, and even if I lived there and learned the language, I still couldn't claim to be ethnically Chinese. It'd be ridiculous. Just like It'd be ridiculous for me to claim I could pass as ethnic Dane.

Here's where the problem starts: you can claim that no Mediterranean looking dude can be ethnic Chinese, but what happens if you claim that no Sub-Saharian looking dude can be ethnic Dane? (Or English or whatever).

Hm, my surname is Greek sounding, but it isn't clear if it's from Byzantine ruled Southern Italy or original Greek colonists before Rome took over. Either way I look Mediterranean, I could pass for Spanish, Italian or Greek and if there was Greek blood, it mixed with local Italians for centuries.

Now, to give validity to your argument, arguing for an identity based on blood purity would be ridiculous. Nor I care about that. However, tribal identities can be based on a lot of factors and that includes looks. If I was born in China while my parents were on a trip, and even if I lived there and learned the language, I still couldn't claim to be ethnically Chinese. It'd be ridiculous. Just like It'd be ridiculous for me to claim I could pass as ethnic Dane.

Here's where the problem starts: you can claim that no Mediterranean looking dude can be ethnic Chinese, but what happens if you claim that no Sub-Saharian looking dude can be ethnic Dane? (Or English or whatever).
    You don't have to be ethnic to belong.

Do you really think I'd get accepted as a Chinese? Or Nigerian?

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

So by "we" you meant British people? Because we're not British people, the British native people were black, displaced by the "beaker cup" people, and died out between Ceasar's and the later successful roman invasion.
    We started this tangent because someone essentially said persons native to Britain do not exist. That they died out.

Do you still think this Spitfire?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Do you really think I'd get accepted as a Chinese? Or Nigerian?
    LEts say oyu wouldn't, just because they deicde to be s, doen't mean we should copy them.

The duchess of Sussex is British, our Indians, etc, are British are blacks are British. I don't have a problem with accepting any loyal subject of the realm.

The thing is, most people are attached to their ethnic identity. Most people are also not extremely strict, in the sense they can make exceptions to the norm. Eg, they can allow a single individual in. However, if it's too many people to threaten to eradicate the ethnic identity, then they get defensive. And that's exactly what's going on in Europe, not just the UK. Most people don't really hate single foreigners, they just want the right to preserve their identity.

Our identity, hasn't been based on ethnicity for a long time, it is based on crown, country, commonwealth.

People concerned with the enthinic make up of the Uk over it's cultural values are very small indeed.

It is... for cosmopolitan progressives that identify as British. Half of the country identifies as ''English'' in ethnic identity terms. Those are the ones voting for Brexit and immigration restriction.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Spitfire, anyone can be British, but this does not mean that the English as an example, don’t exist as an ethnic group.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

It's the cosmopolitan paradigm. Kaufmann explains it rather well. If you are European, that is white, then the only identity you are allowed is ''tolerant and diverse''. You are not allowed to celebrate or cultivate your ethnic identity. That's why ''British'' and not ''English''. Because Englishness is ethnically based and that violates the norm of anti-racism of cosmopolitans who are actually very extreme: you shouldn't just tolerate diversity, you should prefer it. Anything less is racism.

The other side of the coin is more interesting. Cosmopolitans see themselves as the last step of human progress, where all ethnic identities melt away in a post-racial society. Whites must embrace that because we did all the evolutionary path to it. Others, can, if they want, but they are also deemed not civilized enough to embrace the cosmopolitan identity. Thus if you are Indian, Pakistani, Chinese, Sub-Saharian African or whatever else you can still celebrate your ethnic belonging, something that for instance English can't. The evidence in favour of such argument and I posted it in the other thread is that it's not the conservatives who modify their behaviour when interacting with minorities, it's the liberals who dumb down themselves. Conservatives actually treat everyone the same and wish to be treated the same, hence the demand for ethnic identity. Liberals operate in a scale of racial supremacy: the higher you are, the less identity you can afford. The lower you are, the more they allow you.

This is why for instance they regularly close their eyes to crime cases when the perpetrator is Muslim or African. Because in the liberal value scale, those are silently accepted as the bottom of the ladder, thus their ''barbarism'' must be tolerated more until they finally elevate themselves to the great cosmopolitan ideal.

chriscase's Avatar Chairman Miao
    Civitate Patrician

Please bear in mind that personal characteristics of site members, including ethnic and cultural identity, are off topic.

Why is it that mysteries are always about something bad? You never hear there's a mystery, and then it's like, "Who made cookies?"
    - Demetri Martin

Spitfire, anyone can be British, but this does not mean that the English as an example, don’t exist as an ethnic group.
    and yet that is an undefined group, and in addition, it's nebulous and contains anyone related to them, regardless of skin colour. Race exists as a nebulous and complex topic, it is (muchly) socially constructed as You're black, or you're white when that isn't the case based on genetics but saying you are XYZ gene that influence race, (including ones we don't even know about) isn't possible.

It's the cosmopolitan paradigm. Kaufmann explains it rather well. If you are European, that is white, then the only identity you are allowed is ''tolerant and diverse''. You are not allowed to celebrate or cultivate your ethnic identity. That's why ''British'' and not ''English''. Because Englishness is ethnically based and that violates the norm of anti-racism of cosmopolitans who are actually very extreme: you shouldn't just tolerate diversity, you should prefer it. Anything less is racism.

The other side of the coin is more interesting. Cosmopolitans see themselves as the last step of human progress, where all ethnic identities melt away in a post-racial society. Whites must embrace that because we did all the evolutionary path to it. Others, can, if they want, but they are also deemed not civilized enough to embrace the cosmopolitan identity. Thus if you are Indian, Pakistani, Chinese, Sub-Saharian African or whatever else you can still celebrate your ethnic belonging, something that for instance English can't. The evidence in favour of such argument and I posted it in the other thread is that it's not the conservatives who modify their behaviour when interacting with minorities, it's the liberals who dumb down themselves. Conservatives actually treat everyone the same and wish to be treated the same, hence the demand for ethnic identity. Liberals operate in a scale of racial supremacy: the higher you are, the less identity you can afford. The lower you are, the more they allow you.

This is why for instance they regularly close their eyes to crime cases when the perpetrator is Muslim or African. Because in the liberal value scale, those are silently accepted as the bottom of the ladder, thus their ''barbarism'' must be tolerated more until they finally elevate themselves to the great cosmopolitan ideal.
    The English can, there's nothing stopping anyone.

What liberal has a racial hierarchy? I have never seen this or any evidence of it in my country.

We started this tangent because someone essentially said persons native to Britain do not exist. That they died out.

Do you still think this Spitfire?
    Yes, that is what I am lead to believe, cedar man's people were in decline, I could however be contradicted by the dates of taticus who I am yet to read. If you have information to the contrary, I'd be glad to hear it, although I recognize his genes live on in others. I should point out by died out I mean as a culture.

The English can demand to celebrate their ethnic identity, which btw includes them being white and the rest of the typical physical characteristics of being English?

The English can demand to celebrate their ethnic identity, which btw includes them being white and the rest of the typical physical characteristics of being English?
    You may think so, but being British, I can tell you black also celebrate st Georges day with a aplomb just as atheists do.

Well British and English aren't mutually exclusive, so that's fine.