Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: ''Diversity'' and ''Inclusion'' in the UK: the rise of the Racist White Liberals

Default Re: ''Diversity'' and ''Inclusion'' in the UK: the rise of the Racist White Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    It gives me a good giggle to see people selectively defend people for blackface.
    When these sort of disputes take place in the public sphere they tend to be about power not morality. Trudeau being given an effective pass by the very people who would ordinarily have zero tolerance toward such behaviour (and have destroyed the lives of far less relevant people for far less offensive acts) illustrates this point precisely.

Default Re: ''Diversity'' and ''Inclusion'' in the UK: the rise of the Racist White Liberals

Given a pass? My arse, I could hear the reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees here across the Atlantic.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Its not the blackface, but liberal hypocrisy around it. Trudeau would most likely demand immediate resignation from anyone doing that thing, but since he himself did it (multiple times, might I add) it is somehow okay.
    The thing about Liberal Party and liberal-left parties in general is that they change their ideals and principles like gloves, they only care about 'winning" even if it means ignoring their own set of ideas and values. Hence you see corrupt politicians like Trudeau prancing around on LGBT events, while selling weapons to countries like Saudi Arabia, where gay people get beheaded for being gay.

Whoever's doing it, I can still hear the 'reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' from here as can the people on the International Space Station. Trudeau was a dick once, get over it.

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Whoever's doing it, I can still hear the 'reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' from here as can the people on the International Space Station. Trudeau was a dick once, get over it.
    Your desperation to swoop in and defend Trudeau illustrates perfectly my initial point; you couldn't care less about instances of racism when they come from folks on your side of the aisle. You've danced over the prospective graves of other people for far less. As I said, this is about power and not morality.

In fact, the tweet is racist, but Bernardo isn't racist. It's a lack of proper education. The two players, Bernardo and Mendy, are like brothers, since a long time ago. But Bernardo has already learned the lesson
    Honestly Ludicus i find that line of though quite condescending, me like Bernardo also grew up with friends from Cabo Verde and Angola, an intimate joke is just that. The Lesson that Bernardo learned is that social media is inherently toxic and promotes what is today the prevalence of political correctness, virtual signaling, and what is today a venue for conformity. Of course such a thing is met with backlash, and such is part of the current culture war.

In my mind Bernardo did nothing wrong. Only someone who wants to virtual signal sees this situation as being news worthy. Social media is a perfect place today for that clicks. Lots of journalists online that make a living out of this non cases.

Indeed. But in this case there is no racial bias or discrimination against his friend. I see ignorance here. Following the same reasoning, the same applies to Trudeau.
    The same applies to Megyn kelly, in her case she actually lost her show if im not mistaken. Of course she doesn't get the same defense because she is a conservative.... such is the days we live in.
    But i could point out to the millions of people who cosplay, like that or in cross culture cosplays, and are criticized and insulted, because of a thing called Culture appropriation.... It is funny because only in the west right now do people care about such a thing. Imagine if i would react as this people do every time i hear or read a Portuguese joke made by Brazilians. Should i consider that racist too?

It gives me a good giggle to see people selectively defend people for blackface. Personally I think there’s nothing wrong with blacking up.
    Of course there is nothing wrong. Even though i would like to point out the relevance of context, in this situations always.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; September 30, 2019 at 08:47 AM.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

I think the most obvious case of this, if not already mentioned, was where an American lawmaker in Florida and in Virginia both were found out to have worn blackface years ago, only one of them had to resign. Can you guess what politics he had?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    Your desperation to swoop in and defend Trudeau illustrates perfectly my initial point; you couldn't care less about instances of racism when they come from folks on your side of the aisle. You've danced over the prospective graves of other people for far less. As I said, this is about power and not morality.
    I didn't defend Trudeau, I called him a dick. Read my posts before attempting a flame spree next time.

I didn't defend Trudeau, I called him a dick. Read my posts before attempting a flame spree next time.
    Let's analyse your post in its entirety.

Whoever's doing it, I can still hear the 'reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' from here as can the people on the International Space Station.

In the first sentence you mock people for criticizing Trudeau and attempt to imply that he was the victim of an overreaction so extensive that it could be heard in outer space . The purpose of this was to contradict the claim that Trudeau hadn't been treated as harshly as others who'd made similar transgressions. This is despite the fact that he has not suffered any noticeable detriment for his actions.

Trudeau was a dick once, get over it.
    Here you attempt to minimize Trudeau's actions, first by implying that he had transgressed only once (he was actually caught wearing blackface on at least three occasions) and second by demanding that we "get over it". As has been shown in multiple threads, you would never take such a dismissive standard were someone who disagreed with you politically the person at fault. In doing this you proved my point exactly (yet again) that this is about politics and power not morality. You couldn't care less about racism unless you can use it as political cudgel to get what you want.

Try harder next time.

"

Let's analyse your post in its entirety.

In the first sentence you mock people for criticizing Trudeau and attempt to imply that he was the victim of an overreaction so extensive that it could be heard in outer space . The purpose of this was to contradict the claim that Trudeau hadn't been treated as harshly as others who'd made similar transgressions. This is despite the fact that he has not suffered any noticeable detriment for his actions. Here you attempt to minimize Trudeau's actions, first by implying that he had transgressed only once (he was actually caught wearing blackface on at least three occasions) and second by demanding that we "get over it". As has been shown in multiple threads, you would never take such a dismissive standard were someone who disagreed with you politically the person at fault. In doing this you proved my point exactly (yet again) that this is about politics and power not morality. You couldn't care less about racism unless you can use it as political cudgel to get what you want.

Try harder next time.

"
    Lets analyse this properly. I called Trudeau a dick. Everyone in the English-speaking world recognises this as an insult. A child could work out what prompted that insult.

My response was prompted by your saying that Trudeau had a hall pass. The fact that reees can be heard 1000s of miles away from multiple sources proves my point that this is not true. The whole male cast of the Black and White wore blackface, do you see me being cut up about it? (I must admit that the singing was terrible). Come, reeeeee to the forum that these people must be brought to justice!

Now I have pissed on your flames you will no doubt stick to the topic on hand "Diversity'' and ''Inclusion'' in the UK.
    Last edited by mongrel; October 06, 2019 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Disruptive.

Lets analyse this properly. I called Trudeau a dick. Everyoner in the English-speaking world recognises this as an insult. A child could work out what prompted that insult.

My response was prompted by your saying that Trudeau had a hall pass. The fact that the reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeing can be heard 1000s of miles away from multiple proves my point that this is not true. The whole male cast of the Black and White wore blackface, do you see me being cut up about it? (I must admit that the singing was terrible). Come, reeeeee to the forum that these people must be brought to justice!

Now I have pissed on your flames you will no doubt stick to the topic on hand "Diversity'' and ''Inclusion'' in the UK.
    The fact that you called Trudeau a "dick" doesn't somehow disprove the demonstrable reality that your purpose for interjecting yourself into this conversation was to try and minimize his actions. You explicitly accused his critics of overreacting and insisted that they "get over it". This is a stance you would never adopt if the transgressor was a conservative. So again, all your hypocrisy proves is that my point about this being an issue of power and politics and not morality is absolutely right.

Try again.
    Last edited by Cope; September 30, 2019 at 05:00 PM.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    It gives me a good giggle to see people selectively defend people for blackface. Personally I think there’s nothing wrong with blacking up.
    What I said: it depends on the context.Age, education, time in history, and above all, the presence or absence of a premeditated racism.
    The jazz Singer was received positively by white and black critics.The New Harlem Amsterdam News, the leading African weekly in New York, writes in 1927 " Every colored performer is proud of Jolson".
    Birth of a Nation, Griffith's epic 1915 film about the Civil War is still used today as a recruitment piece for Klan membership. Griffith claimed he wasn't racist, and redeemed himself in the next year (1917) with a masterpiece, the greatest film of the silent era: "Intolerance". It was the most expensive film of its time, but sadly it was commercially unsuccessful in the US. Why? it's pacifist themes -four stories set in different ages-contributed to its unpopular reception.Go figure.

Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

The fact that you called Trudeau a "dick" doesn't somehow disprove the demonstrable reality that your purpose for interjecting yourself into this conversation was to try and minimize his actions. You explicitly accused his critics of overreacting and insisted that they "get over it". This is a stance you would never adopt if the transgressor was a conservative. So again, all your hypocrisy proves is that my point about this being an issue of power and politics and not morality is absolutely right.

Try again.
    Bollocks. You said Trudeau had hall pass. I pointed out the obvious fact that he had not, such was the media reaction that this trivial matter reached my ears across the Atlantic. As I has conclusively demonstrated, he's not the only white man to have worn blackface way back then. I note that you are not crying out for justice for those exposed to the Black & White Minstrel show ( shown weekly over 50 years) so to hell with your futile flaming.

Bollocks. You said Trudeau had hall pass. I pointed out the obvious fact that he had not, such was the media reaction that this trivial matter reached my ears across the Atlantic.
    The fact that Trudeau got some bad press doesn't mean he didn't get a pass. He hasn't been forced to resign nor is he being investigated by his own party or parliament.

As I has conclusively demonstrated, he's not the only white man to have worn blackface way back then. I note that you are not crying out for justice for those exposed to the Black & White Minstrel show ( shown weekly over 50 years) so to hell with your futile flaming.
    I don't care that Trudeau isn't the first person to wear blackface. I also don't want to see him lynched for having done so. My point is simply that the consequences he has faced - relative to any other public figure who behaved similarly - have been at best minimal. This is because the people who would ordinarily be screaming for his head have, like you, treated him far more leniently than you would were he not on the liberal political spectrum. Your determination to jump to his defense - when you are usually extraordinarily zealous in your desire to see racial impropriety punished severely - is indicative of your hypocrisy. As I said, this is about power and politics not morality. Whinging about "futile flaming" will get you nowhere.

What are you expecting, do you want to the forum to offer some regret that Trudeau wasn't accosted, or tarred and feathered, even lynched by some vengeful mob? He was a dick, no more, no less.

I will have to deploy David Cameron.

If you have a problem with Trudeau carrying on his business without risk of harm, blame the Canadians. Come back once you find a real example of Trudeau causing black people detriment.
    Last edited by mongrel; October 03, 2019 at 01:19 AM.

What are you expecting, do you want to the forum to offer some regret that Trudeau wasn't accosted, or tarred and feathered, even lynched by some vengeful mob? He was a dick, no more, no less.
    Spare me this relentless prattling.

I've just explicitly stated that my point relates to the hypocrisy of people - such as yourself - who are swooping in to minimize Trudeau's actions when ordinarily they'd be demanding his head. I don't care whether he is punished: what I care about is exposing the extent to which race is used as a political cudgel by people who actually don't care about racism - only about how they can racial issues it to attain a political advantage.

Default Re: ''

Racist white liberal in the BBC , a bastion of so-called 'diversity'' and ''inclusion', repremanded an Asian women for describing a racist comment for what it is.Nothing said to the white guy who prompted the comment in the first place.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/m...-a9123741.html
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; October 05, 2019 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Flame/continuity.

One full page just got deleted. Please concentrate on the topic of the discussion and refrain from personal references, inflammatory questions and passive-aggressive remarks.

In other news, a white man told he shouldn't go for a job because of the colour of his skin. Imagine what would happen if a black man was told he shouldn't stand for office in Norwich because the area is predominantly white and he wouldn't fit in?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-Etonian.html

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

aside from the anecdote, those comparisons ("imagine if they had said that to a black man", "imagine if that had happened to a woman") seem to ignore the discrimination suffered by some groups. (No, not even jokingly the european white man is a discriminated group).