Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ''Diversity'' and ''Inclusion'' in the UK: the rise of the Racist White Liberals

Default ''Diversity'' and ''Inclusion'' in the UK: the rise of the Racist White Liberals

Let's start with the government ''Equality and Human Rights '' Commission, which decries the fact that apprenticeships go to a ''disproportionate'' number of white men.
    https://www.theguardian.com/higher-e...ity?CMP=twt_gu

Employers need to reserve places on apprenticeship schemes for young women, disabled people and ethnic minorities to create a more level playing field, the country’s equality body has said.

The government has pledged to create 3 million apprenticeships in England by next year. But almost 90% of apprentices aged 16-24 are white, compared with 82% of the population.
    While there are similar numbers of female and male apprentices, women remain significantly under-represented in the better-paid industries. And the number of people starting an apprenticeship last year who had learning difficulties, disabilities or health problems dropped by 17% on the previous year.

With National Apprenticeship Week starting on Monday, the Equality and Human Rights Commission says firms need to take steps to get more people from minority groups into trainee schemes, favouring them against other similarly qualified candidates if necessary.
    I highlight these passage because it's important to understand the game they are playing. First, they claim they want ''equality'' and a more leveled playfield. Most reasonable people would agree, that's equality of opportunity, it's desiderable in our society. But when it comes to results, they want equal outcomes, even if it requires discrimination of high achievers. That's the fundamental step between a free society and a communist society. Equality of opportunity leads to unequal outcomes. Unequal outcomes are corrected through coercion by goverenment only in non-free societies. And that's exactly what they do. In conclusion, they never really wanted to level the field, despite claiming to do so, they wanted to level the results.

There's another important passage in the article:
    But the commission warns that too many companies “are hesitant about using positive action because they’re worried about inadvertently discriminating against others”. Last week Cheshire police were found guilty of discriminating against a white, heterosexual 25-year-old man because it used positive action in an unlawful way. Matthew Furlong, 25, applied to join the service in 2017 but lost out to other candidates. An employment tribunal found Furlong had been discriminated against on the basis of his sexual orientation, race and sex.
    You can (still) rightfully sue these people for racial discrimination and win.
    Now, this was a case of the police forces (!!!!!!!!) racially discriminating against white men. Do you think they stopped? Well of course not:
    https://twitter.com/BTP/status/1085921479345229824

Let's go to the root of the problem, where these ideas are being spread: the liberal academia.

You have white male professors undergoing ''unconscious bias'' training by ''reverse mentors'' (read non-white non male possibly non-heterosexual). Unconscious bias is based on the concept that if you are white, you are automatically racist, even if you don't know it, hence need training to undo that.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...verse-mentors/
    This is a government funded project. The professor running it is obviously a critical race theorist, which is where the entirety of these theories come from.

More university projects for professors include ''white privilege'' denounciations:
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/f...3-1b5f066ae234

Not enough? Well, the Head of the University of Cambridge Equality body believes that ''all white people are racists'' (indeed what I have been describing is the underlying ''theory''. )
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...group-10894554

Still not enough? Well you have students demanding Plato and Kant to be removed..... because they are white males.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...ng-plato-kant/

The current government is indeed only nominally conservative and any reasonable person would be surprised to see them pushing an extremist far left agenda, but that's just the case. Even more: race and gender quotas for public appointees.
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ity-in-quangos

But of course, why stop at the police, the academia, the apprenticeships, the public service? The state media as well is advertising positions: white males not welcome.
    https://twitter.com/BBCNewsbeat/stat...02152311803905

The UK State channel is also decrying that ''marriages are too white''.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47632929
    So, is it getting better or worse? A lot worse. Because the critical theorists are now exploiting Jo Cox murder to push their racist and sexist agenda under the usual banners of ''equality'' and ''human rights'':
    https://unherd.com/2019/05/how-much-...on/?=sideshare

The irony? The overwhelming majority of the people pushing for this are upper class whites themselves, privileged people who want to enjoy the economic benefit of their status but also demand the right to be seen as morally virtous and superior by showcasting their open mindedness and inclusiveness with these initiativess, while bashing the oppressor (themselves, reduced to the avatar of whiteness).

What's my take on these people? They hate us and they will not stop until they have got rid of us. Their ''equality'' parameters are completely arbitrary and constantly changed anyway. What's also constant are the discriminatory practices and the targed of hatred. Under this premise, there's simply no room for coexistence with people who will stop at nothing to destroy you. There's no moral, rational, economic, social justification for what they are doing. They are also not interested in dialogue but only in shouting, silencing, discriminating and destroying.

If it were for me, I'd kick out the UK from the European Union and treat them as another far left experiment like North Korea, with a complete embargo. No trade, nothing. However I don't really hate the country (they do). The situation overall is catastrophic and they keep gaining ground.

Feel free to share your thoughts whether you approve their agenda or object it.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; May 19, 2019 at 08:38 AM.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: ''Diversity'' and ''Inclusion'' in the UK: the rise of the Racist White Liberals

What a strange title.

I’m a white Liberal, am I racist Basil?

Maybe, just maybe these people aren’t liberals
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Default Re: ''Diversity'' and ''Inclusion'' in the UK: the rise of the Racist White Liberals

According to liberal/left narrative, any person of European descent that doesn't actively hate his nation is "racist".
    Unfortunately, it doesn't look like UK has much hope for it, unless we see a popular uprising. Which isn't even that far-fetched, given how all the necessary conditions for such events are already there: political system there is rotten to the core, state is becoming increasingly authoritarian, while majority of population struggles to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    According to liberal/left narrative, any person of European descent that doesn't actively hate his nation is "racist".
    And you unironically believe that. That God you don't have any authority in defining things.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

I'm sorry, I forgot that pointing out conventional definitions of things, as opposed to liberal ones is also racist.

1. You honestly think the conventional definition of "liberal" is someone who thinks people of European descent have to actively hate his nation? If they claim to be a white liberal and don't hate their own nation, are they lying?

2. I didn't even call you racist, I think ever on this forum.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Yeah, Liberal means the opposite of what the OP is implying, by conventional definition and all coherent non-conventional ones too.
    Perhaps it should be: "the rise of racist white leftists."
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    What a strange title.

I’m a white Liberal, am I racist Basil?

Maybe, just maybe these people aren’t liberals
    If I take a political compass, I end up being described as ''liberal'' as well. However, those who are part of the ''liberal elite'' ranging from the academia, parties (especially the Anglo-Saxon world) and media believe in these ideas. If you don't, to them you are a Nazi.

Even though I'm fond of liberal ideas like freedom of speech, enterprise etc. those are clearly no longer advocated by today's liberals, who are fond of compelled speech, political correctness, equality of outcome. That's liberalism today and it's a threat to anyone who doesn't belong to the ''tribe''.

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    Yeah, Liberal means the opposite of what the OP is implying, by conventional definition and all coherent non-conventional ones too.
    Perhaps it should be: "the rise of racist white leftists."
    They aren't leftists either at least in economic terms. On the economy they are ordoliberals, advocates of open borders for goods, capital, services and people, elimination of the nation-state, and favour ''global governance''. It's in cultural terms that they are extreme left.

I'd recommend to both to go to these people and describe yourselves as ''classical liberal''. See the scorn, contempt and derision you'll be treated with.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; May 15, 2019 at 01:50 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Just read the linked 'Plato and Kant' article. Would appear that people in charge have by now been thoroughly cowed by purveyors of political correctness (regardless how brainless) and it's aggression that they will go to great and ridiculous length to pander to the demands, thereby taking the easy path and perpetuating the issue.

This quote from the article describes it fittingly:
    There is a real danger political correctness is getting out of control. We need to understand the world as it was and not to rewrite history as some might like it to have been.
    I feel reminded of the start of the McCarthy area where in the end buying a lolipop from the 'wrong' store (eg political stance of owner as decreed by government) could get you into trouble.

The article got me puzzled how one is supposed to solve an issue when information of the issue is being suppressed. Wishful thinking and revisionism appears to be the answer. Give it a couple of decades and colonialism (see article) probably never happened officially - all in the name of snowflake preservation.

What label to attach to the persons furthering this phenomenon (intentionally or not) would seem the least of the problem here.
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 15, 2019 at 08:52 AM.

Cambridge is a curious case because I know Oxford gets the same pressure but there's a significant push back in favour of free enquiry. Their debates union invites people with different views all the time, even if unorthodox.

At Cambridge instead you get the above described crap + the Noal Carl censorship recently and the invitation/disinvitation after protests of Jordan Peterson at the Divinity Faculty a few months ago, so you can tell who has taken over.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Moved from the Mudpit as it is not about current events and persons. On another note, please try to keep the discussion about the topic. Most of the discussion has been turned to political leanings of posters in regards to the Opening Post and not the actual issues and questions in the opening post.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Let's start with the government ''Equality and Human Rights '' Commission, which decries the fact that apprenticeships go to a ''disproportionate'' number of white men.
    https://www.theguardian.com/higher-e...ity?CMP=twt_gu
    Damned obvious that the ladies aren't getting apprenticeships outside stereotypical roles. Why can't women get decent training? I would suggest that your dilemna is an issue only for wife beaters and racists.

LNow, this was a case of the police forces (!!!!!!!!) racially discriminating against white men. Do you think they stopped? Well of course not:
    https://twitter.com/BTP/status/1085921479345229824
    I suggest that you read the damned twitter thread . I think you will find that BTP recruits without favour to any particular race. Indeed to do so is illegal. You are making a fuss about one police force inviting brown people to pay them a visit and if they like what they see complete an application and take their chances like everyone else.

You have white male professors undergoing ''unconscious bias'' training by ''reverse mentors'' (read non-white non male possibly non-heterosexual). Unconscious bias is based on the concept that if you are white, you are automatically racist, even if you don't know it, hence need training to undo that.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...verse-mentors/
    This is a government funded project. The professor running it is obviously a critical race theorist, which is where the entirety of these theories come from.
    Those of us who have real high-powered jobs would know that reverse mentoring relates to status or grade. Junior staff get to realise what challenges we face, we get to know about the operational and personal issues our directives impose on staff. We don't get to pick and choose, how many black disabled lesbians are there to go around? A concern for misguided gammon, whose only idea of work is an hour or two on their allotments.

Not enough? Well, the Head of the University of Cambridge Equality body believes that ''all white people are racists'' (indeed what I have been describing is the underlying ''theory''. )
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...group-10894554
    Not a group, one person, a student. This is the point at which my I don't care face emerges.

Still not enough? Well you have students demanding Plato and Kant to be removed..... because they are white males.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...ng-plato-kant/

Too right. If I paid good money to go to the School of African and Oriental Studies I expect to be taught about African and Oriental culture, economy or issues. Plato is not African . Only a complete Kant would suggest Immanuel had anything to do with Japanese culture.

The current government is indeed only nominally conservative and any reasonable person would be surprised to see them pushing an extremist far left agenda, but that's just the case. Even more: race and gender quotas for public appointees.
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ity-in-quangos

Targets aren't quotas and are not enforcible. Quotas are unlawful .

But of course, why stop at the police, the academia, the apprenticeships, the public service? The state media as well is advertising positions: white males not welcome.
    https://twitter.com/BBCNewsbeat/stat...02152311803905
    That old chestnut.The BBC recruits regardless of race. The advert you post is for an internship arrange by a charity designed to introduce black kids to media professions. My understanding is that the charities pay expenses and bursaries. The beeb get a free teamaker and gofer.

So, is it getting better or worse? A lot worse. Because the critical theorists are now exploiting Jo Cox murder to push their racist and sexist agenda under the usual banners of ''equality'' and ''human rights'':
    https://unherd.com/2019/05/how-much-...on/?=sideshare
    Racists should not kill MPs , problem solved.

The irony? The overwhelming majority of the people pushing for this are upper class whites themselves, privileged people who want to enjoy the economic benefit of their status but also demand the right to be seen as morally virtous and superior by showcasting their open mindedness and inclusiveness with these initiativess, while bashing the oppressor (themselves, reduced to the avatar of whiteness).

Nonsense, the relevant law, the Equality Act 2010 is nine years old. Name one white person who has been materially harmed by it because of their race.

What's my take on these people? They hate us and they will not stop until they have got rid of us. Their ''equality'' parameters are completely arbitrary and constantly changed anyway. What's also constant are the discriminatory practices and the targed of hatred. Under this premise, there's simply no room for coexistence with people who will stop at nothing to destroy you. There's no moral, rational, economic, social justification for what they are doing. They are also not interested in dialogue but only in shouting, silencing, discriminating and destroying.
    It's not people stopping Britons becoming a nation of raving racists, sexists and other ists, it is the law, which has been around in one form or another since the 1960s.

If it were for me, I'd kick out the UK from the European Union and treat them as another far left experiment like North Korea, with a complete embargo. No trade, nothing. However I don't really hate the country (they do). The situation overall is catastrophic and they keep gaining ground.

What's this got to do with the EU? The first Race Relations legislation predates the EU by some margin. Britain was fed up of racist trade union closed shops dictating to bosses who or who not to hire.

Feel free to share your thoughts whether you approve their agenda or object it.
    Done. It was hardly a challenge.
    Last edited by mongrel; May 15, 2019 at 08:32 PM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Totally not surprised that Mongrel defends and argues for racial and gender based discrimination. There isn't a single sentence where you aren't outright lying, intentionally misrepresenting the issue (often because you clearly didn't read) or using strawmen to derail the conversation.

I'll pass on this one. If you come up with something more intelligent or intellectually honest, I'll gladly engage with you.

edit: lmao you even used the ''gammon'' racial slur!
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; May 15, 2019 at 02:34 PM.

Totally not surprised that Mongrel defends and argues for racial and gender based discrimination. There isn't a single sentence where you aren't outright lying, intentionally misrepresenting the issue (often because you clearly didn't read) or using strawmen to derail the conversation.

I'll pass on this one. If you come up with something more intelligent or intellectually honest, I'll gladly engage with you.

edit: lmao you even used the ''gammon'' racial slur!
    Not so. I have destroyed your OP in its totality by stating the obvious.

You argument derailed itself because , quite frankly you are finding it difficult to find real facts to fit your duff argument , so you have used death by links in the hope that no-one would be bothered to read them.

White liberals didn't write the 2010 Act. I can say with 100% certainty that the Office of Parliamentary Counsel did, the Act being largely a stitching together of existing laws, going back to 1965. Prove me wrong.Find the entry in Hansard where it is indicated that 'liberal white professors' wrote the legislation.

Likewise show the forum where on the twitter feed that BTP said they won't recruit whites. The most basic of reasearch shows the Creative Access is an entirely separate social enterprise and is not part of the BBC. The BBC cannot recruit on grounds of race, it is unlawful. That newspaper article you linked to referred to one black student, not a cabal of white academics. The forum is well able to read the links you post. I'm curious to know how relevant Kant and Plato are to someone attending a university specialising in African and Oriental studies, the clue being the name of the university itself. And so on...............

As I said, no challenge.

And I've said it before, gammon is a state of mind, not a race.

On the question of whether there is black gammon, I suppose potentially there are.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    This quote from the article describes it fittingly:

Not as fittingly as this:

The student union at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) insists that when studying philosophy “the majority of philosophers on our courses” should be from Africa and Asia.

You don't have to go to the school of the bleeding obvious to work that out. How anyone thinks this is controversial is beyond comprehension. but hey, if one orders 6 doughnuts and half of the cakes turn out to be buns, to some people it would be politically correct to complain.
    Last edited by mongrel; May 16, 2019 at 01:48 AM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

I think Mongrel addressed most points effectively (I checked your links too, sorry!) which leaves me to wonder about your conclusion

What's my take on these people? They hate us and they will not stop until they have got rid of us.
    Who is this 'us' you're referring to?
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

The remaining white people whom your side wants to discriminate against, as demonstrated by Mongrel's racist post ''it's ok to prefer BAME candidates based on their racial belonging and discriminate against white males'', which you agree with, as you stated.

Your side's genocidal agenda to make a ''rainbow'' society displacing native whites must be stopped. It's an absolute evil that has no room in a civil society.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; May 16, 2019 at 05:53 AM. Reason: changed back to genocidal

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Wholesale death by selective employment - muizer, how could you!
    Edit: should have quoted before Basil's back pedal from 'genocidal agenda' - although 'ethnic cleansing' isn't really an improvement.

That said it would appear that Basil either didn't read mongrel's response to his 'The state media as well is advertising positions: white males not welcome.' or simply intentionally misrepresents mongrel's findings. (aka 'proving that Basil's assertion is untrue proves that mongrel's stance supports the assertion')

Pretty sad. Let's make debates honest again?
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 16, 2019 at 05:37 AM.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

@ Basil, is white male dominance an essential part of your society?
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Edit: should have quoted before Basil's back pedal from 'genocidal agenda' - although 'ethnic cleansing' isn't really an improvement.

That said it would appear that Basil either didn't read mongrel's response to his 'The state media as well is advertising positions: white males not welcome.' or simply intentionally misrepresents mongrel's findings. (aka 'proving that Basil's assertion is untrue proves that mongrel's stance supports the assertion')

This is the ad:
    -it has specific racial preferences, that's racism; (positive discrimination)
    -it specifically excludes 1 group based on their race, that's also racism; (negative discrimination)

Newsbeat is a program by BBC, indeed called BBC Newsbeat. The fact that the internship is funded by a charity is entirely irrelevant. (And that's what Mongrel's focused on, attempting to derail the attention from the racial discriminatory practice). The way the selection process is based is entirely based on racial discrimination. Mongrel is ok with it because it favours black kids and that's the typical white liberal approach that favours ''positive discrimination''.

Regardless, that doesn't change the fact: for that position, no whites allowed.
    If I make an ad for a position saying ''only whites and Asian'' I'd be sued within 3 seconds by a dozen of organizations and rightfully so. If the deal is: it's ok to discriminate against whites, then it's a declaration of war. The woke crowd wants war? They'll get war.

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    @ Basil, is white male dominance an essential part of your society?
    The last thing we need are liberal white males, so no. I'd take a non-white female who agrees with me as leader over a liberal white male that disagrees with me. Mostly because the latter will actively discriminate against me.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; May 16, 2019 at 06:06 AM.

British employment law allows for identity based preferential treatment under certain circumstances; employers may, for instance, demonstrate that preferential treatment is either a "proportionate means of achieving a legitimate aim or for the purpose of preventing or compensating for a disadvantage linked to the protected characteristic". See "Part 14, General Exceptions" for further details.

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast