Thread: The Great War VI - Beta Testing **NOW CLOSED**

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Default The Great War VI - Beta Testing **NOW CLOSED**

Beta Testing

We have finally reached the point where we can start beta testing. Most of the rest of the work is purely cosmetic so while that is being completed we can start working on bug fixes and balancing. There are many things that need testing including the new starting armies, new battle AI, new deployment zones and formations so we need several people to help us test it out. We expect to get a decent amount of requests to play test so we will have to limit how many people we can work with, therefore there are some requirements.

Requirements:

1. Must have experience with the current version of the mod. The main feedback we are looking for is how the new update compares to the current version. Must have played at least 1 full campaign, preferably more.
    2. Must be able to write in detail about your testing. A single sentence like, "its dope" isnt helpful.
    3. Must have time to do testing. We want to complete this phase as fast as possible so if you dont have any time to do testing it wont really help us.

If you are interested please send me a message either here or over on Modb.
    Last edited by B-DizL; May 21, 2019 at 12:52 PM.

Default Re: The Great War VI - Beta Testing

And came the day we expected ...I did the Turkish translation...
    http://totalwar-turkiye.com/twforum/...ar-portreleri/
    I am interested in. Thanks
    Last edited by Kingartist21; May 14, 2019 at 04:11 PM.

Hello by B-Dizl. New version will be released when...

Patrician

Not until after beta testing is complete.

Patrician

Default Re: The Great War VI - Beta Testing **NOW CLOSED**

The application for beta testing is now closed. Thank you all for signing up. We sent messages to everyone who was selected for testing., Sadly we couldnt choose everyone who applied but dont worry as you will be on a backup list incase the current people who were selected dont work out.

Civis

I'm interested testing the mod. I have my mod so I know how to help, Is possible to show in YT the new things?

I found 5 bugs.
    1.I did not play the full campaign, because I can't. No matter which country I play with, the game will crash after a couple of turns when I click the "end turn" button. It happens at different turns. With Romania, it first happened at turn 118 and from that save, only at turn 118. Tried to play with Romania again and the game always crashed at turn 55. Tried the German Empire and the game always crashed at turn 72.
    2. There are these machine guns in bunkers on the battlefield. I can recruit them on the campaign map and move them and fight with them, but they always dissapear after fighting the first battle with them. I fight the battle, everything is fine and I win. After that, I am redirected to the grand campaign map, as normal and when I click on my army, they are not there. It only happens to this unit.
    3. Friendly fire through artillery. It sometimes happens that, when I put my artillery (even mortars) at about 25 meters behind my soldiers or closer, they are somehow hit by the shells.
    4. Gas artilley is useless. It inflicts less damage than mortars on enemy artillery.
    5. After destroying a tank, the invisible crew just gets out and starts killing my soldiers in melee fighting and it is very hard to kill them.

Friends can give information about developments. Thank you

VSC24's Avatar Libertus

Dangit, Late to the party.