Thread: Unique model request

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Unique model request

Hi, I'm making my Westeros submod on Winds of Winter stuff for last 5 years mostly alone with random help of some good people. I got big progress and during my work I learned all aspects of moding, except unit modelling.

I gathered unit models from open sources here and there and everywhere, so got a good and interesting roster for all factions. But I want more, I want Wildlings to be remarkable because this faction has great potential for making really scary and gorgeously looking units.

I have an idea of a unit which was never seen in Westeros mods - wildling chariot. Here is the lore.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...e_Frozen_Shore

We got Banzai wagons and even ancient chariots in EB2 and brilliant mount wolf model from Myth TW, so I think it's possible. If any modeller is ready for that challenge would be great to make such an open source for all Westeros teams.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Default Re: Unique model request

In the lore there are many different type of wildlings clans or tribes mentioned, that would all have specific style to them. Some of those i found:

- Ice River Clans
    - Thenn Clan
    - Hornfoot Clan
    - Cave People
    - Frozen Shore People

Then im sure there are more, but that is already quite a few possible styles.

I got all of them in my mod (based on pictures and book description and a bit of my imagination). Chariots used only by Frozen Shore men.

Here is the text on link I posted in OP.
    The Frozen Shore men have queer names, as they name themselves after beasts of the region. They employ chariots made of walrus bone, pulled by dogs as large as direwolves, as transport.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

I think if you are seriously looking for help in making your mod here on these forums, you should post a more comprehensive overview of what you already have and what are the ideas you want to develope. There are official forum guildlines for that.

You mention that you want the wildlings to be more unique, but does it mean this mod is focusing more on the wildlings? We dont know that here exactly. GoT settings are very popular and im sure you could enlist help of some modders, but for the starters i think like you should focus on showing your current progress. Because if you say its been 5 years of development but you dont show anything, people tend to dismiss such statements and your call for help... may end up a bitter howl of dismay.

I wish you luck.

There are some my posts here
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...Patched/page21

I took that submod as a base, but it was changed in all aspects (units, animations, map, scripts, factions, AI, traits). There was screenshots but they're dead now. Seems that I have to show current models, I think it will be interesting.

Main problem to publish here is translation - I'm working alone so it's a huge amount of work.

Returning to OP proclamation - I suggest wildling chariots for all Westeros teams, not only for me.
    Last edited by bitterhowl; May 16, 2019 at 05:02 AM.