Thread: How to incur a growth penalty via a building?

Default How to incur a growth penalty via a building?

I'm trying to reduce population growth in general via the core building for gameplay purposes. I've tried population_growth_bonus bonus -x but it didn't seem to do anything.

population_health_bonus bonus -x would take away any health the city had but would also not incur any penalty.

How can I achieve this?

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: How to incur a growth penalty via a building?

See this thread
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ve-growth-work

You can get a growth penalty I think but it won't truly turn into negative growth. Perhaps this is because troops I believe incur a growth penalty (they take away from population IIRC when recruited).

To clarify, positive growth bonuses get deducted by the negative, but it won't turn into absolutely negative growth overall from that thread (I never tried it). But the principle remains the same as financials, since I don't think you can get into truly negative financials without upkeep of troops affecting it...
    Last edited by z3n; May 13, 2019 at 02:34 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Default Re: How to incur a growth penalty via a building?

Hmm that's unfortunate, but removing the base farm level seems to do the trick anyways.