Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: School erases ''Mother's Day'' in favour of non-binary ''Acknowledgement Day''

Default School erases ''Mother's Day'' in favour of non-binary ''Acknowledgement Day''

The never ending liberal jihad against the nuclear family and biological differences claims a new victim: Mother's Day.
    https://pluralist.com/school-renames...inary-parents/

Writing in the Brunswick East Primary School’s newsletter, Principal Janet Di Pilla explained that the decision was made after “a lot of discussion” with staff, parents and students. She said both “‘traditional’ Mother’s Day” and “‘traditional’ Father’s Day” would henceforth be referred to as “Acknowledgement Day” in an effort to be “as inclusive as possible.”

“I sincerely hope that this change in name will show that we as a community recognize that our families are not made up of any particular combination of people and that we no longer subscribe to a binary world,” she said. “I am sorry that in the past we have offended some members of our community and I hope that this acknowledgment goes some way to address any hurt which has occurred in the past.”

The Daily Mail reported that the name change had been triggered by backlash over a Mother’s Day stall that the school had hosted in previous years, where students could buy holiday-themed merchandise, “such as mugs, trinkets, candles and soaps.”
    One parent expressed support for the move to the Herald Sun, saying: “Some kids, for whatever reason, may not have a mother in their lives, so I don’t mind if they broaden the stall so those kids feel included.”

However, the Australian Liberty Alliance slammed the school, saying it was undermining the traditional family.
    “We believe the natural family is the core building block of human society and must be protected,” the conservative group wrote online.
    The controversy comes as LGBT activists – having won/q the culture war over same-sex marriage – are advocating the reform other sex-specific institutions, from schools to the legal system, to accommodate a range of gender identities.

Meanwhile, Learn & Laugh, a woke preschool in Sydney, Australia, went ahead and completely canceled Mother’s Day and Father’s Day this year, Australian news site 10Daily recently reported.
    “We have spent a lot of time discussing and reflection on this and believe we want to be a more inclusive centre. We want to include all families here at Learn and Laugh regardless of their family dynamics.” acting director April Howlin explained to parents in an email last month. “Instead, we have decided to do family and friends day at different times throughout the year. That way anyone close to the children can come and take part.”
    Because it's never too early for liberals to get their hands on kids. Isn't it?

So, do you guys approve of the change? I'd personally take my kids from school because I don't want them to grow up mentally ill.

Happy Mother's Day btw!

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: School erases ''Mother's Day'' in favour of non-binary ''Acknowledgement Day''

In Germany, Mother's Day was first celebrated in 1923 and went back to an initiative of the Association of German flower shop owners.

Down with the librul propaganda of the flower shop globalists!
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Default Re: School erases ''Mother's Day'' in favour of non-binary ''Acknowledgement Day''

With all the crap going on right now I just can't make myself care about a slightly different uptake on Mother's day. Maybe this is why Trump started the Christmas War so early.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

The history is a long one to honor our mothers and fathers. I seem to recall some stone tablets to make that point. What a principal does or does not do regarding this make make some minor change to the future observance of Mother's Day. But even the modern commercialized version is not really my cup of tea. Mothers should be honored for bringing and raising children as should fathers. Need not get guidance fro your school or from Hallmark Cards on how to do this though.

Yeah this article on the opening post is being overly serious about inclusiveness, but the problem of inclusiveness is pretty much about commercialization of the idea of honoring your Mother. Hallmark beat that Principal by many decades on this one.

There are more and more fathers who choose to get directly involved in raising their children (yes, including wiping baby asses) so is it so wrong that people choose to include men too?
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; May 14, 2019 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Personal.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Weep for the culture
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Praeses

Weep for Hallmark.

So do we honour Magna Mater on that day? Maybe the culture warriors could pwn the libs by observing the traditional rites?
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    There are more and more fathers who choose to get directly involved in raising their children (yes, including wiping baby asses) so is it so wrong that people choose to include men too?
    There is a fathers day too last time i checked.

This has nothing to do with being a father or a mother, but rather to do with the new age gender theories, that are now a fad.

Who knew western civilization was so fragile? Apparently all it took was one British school not celebrating Mother's Day to bring the whole thing crashing down.

If it wasn't for the fact that Wh*te liberals are also after:
    -statues
    -churches
    -entire segments of educations which happen to be guilty of whiteness
    -everyone who disagrees with their genocidal ideology
    -white people
    -men
    -heterosexuality
    -freedom of speech
    -freedom of press
    -right to bear guns (noteworthy here, the combined onslaught on the right to bear arms and freedom of speech was regularly followed by attempted genocide in history)
    -the nuclear family
    -any psychological trait linked in any possible way with high achievers
    -free enterprise and property rights

Also this for some bizarre reason:

And if you disagree with them destroying society, everything you hold dear and ethnically cleansing white people, then you are ''fragile''.

I'm sorry but I fail to see how combining Father's Day and Mother's Day is anti-something.

And children growing 'mentally ill' because they celebrate both their parents on a single day? Really?

Millennials are the most liberal generation.
    Somehow, they are the generation with the most mental issues:

https://www.openaccessgovernment.org...ennials/53137/

Coincidence? Nah.

In the UK you have a 4000% increase in girls seeking gender reassignment.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...ldren-wanting/

Why? Because of imitation patterns combined with teens identity issues: once identify as transgender, gets accepted, thus all the unpopular girls think their unpopularity is due to the fact they are also transgender.
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/35119...ut-ben-shapiro

Then you have LGBTQIAP+ activists trying to suppress research that shows their policies actually harm kids:
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...0103ddf08df55f

So let's stop pretending there isn't a clear agenda here.

It's easy to spot too. First there was the claim that gender and sex were separated things, this was John Money's claim, a psych whose experiments on transgenders resulted in suicides. Nonetheless, regardless of how wrong it turned out to be, it appeals to the social constructionists of the left, because if gender can be chosen, then individuals are a blank slate that can be molded by society and thus communism can be achieved by socialization of individuals and making everyone exactly the same. Due to the fact that gender differences cause inequality, if those can be eliminated, then communism can be achieved.

The next step: gender is a social construct.
    The final step: biological sex is also a social construct:
    https://twitter.com/sciencevet2/stat...46030500061184

This is your guys in the academia, there's a clear, extremist ideological push and the push back must be 10 times as strong because your side is destroying society and willingfully so.

A good way to salvage university is to split it: social justice universities and truth, reason, free enquiry ones. Second, make lists of who the people pushing the nonsense are. When the time to split society comes, these people are not welcome.

Edit:

Look at this crap:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ged-seven.html

Couple has a biological son, ''requests to transition at age 7'', now 13 wants to kill himself.
    Bad enough? No.
    The parents have adopted a 3 years old kid and they are sending him to school dressed as female. Now the 3 years old wants to ''change identity''.

And they also have another adopted kid who's also somehow experiencing gender identity issues. Totally a coincidence. It's not parental pressure, it's definitely not the social engineering of deranged liberals. These kids are going to kill themselves when they are older and it's all the parents fault and the liberal judges too.

Arrest the judges and arrest the parents. All guilty of psychological abuse on minors. Lock them up.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; May 15, 2019 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    I'm sorry but I fail to see how combining Father's Day and Mother's Day is anti-something.

And children growing 'mentally ill' because they celebrate both their parents on a single day? Really?
    Well, you've also failed to realize that you're part of the problem, considering all the binary cisnormative assumptions you've been throwing around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

It's weird because I hang out with some pretty hard core leftists from time to time and I never hear about any of this. Only from Basil do I hear about this 'universally' liberal positions., who I am sure is completely neutral in his motivation of depicting "liberals".
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    It's weird because I hang out with some pretty hard core leftists from time to time and I never hear about any of this. Only from Basil do I hear about this 'universally' liberal positions., who I am sure is completely neutral in his motivation of depicting "liberals".
    You know us sneaky liberals. We all get our orders from the hivemind to not only publicly claim we don't believe any of that, but actually vote like we don't. Only very smart "defenders of western civilization and mankind" can see through it and tell us what we "really" believe.

It's all true of course. Because this one school didn't celebrate mother's day soon white people will be sent to death camps and gay sex will be mandatory for everyone! MWAA HAAA HAAA HAAA! Our dastardly plan nears completion!

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    You know us sneaky liberals. We all get our orders from the hivemind to not only publicly claim we don't believe any of that, but actually vote like we don't. Only very smart "defenders of western civilization and mankind" can see through it and tell us what we "really" believe.

It's all true of course. Because this one school didn't celebrate mother's day soon white people will be sent to death camps and gay sex will be mandatory for everyone! MWAA HAAA HAAA HAAA! Our dastardly plan nears completion!
    For every straight white male converted, we get a bonus on our Soros Checks
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

All proofs I'm right about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    For every straight white male converted, we get a bonus on our Soros Checks
    I also get a free trip to the pizza place blood orgies for every straight white male I give windmill cancer to.

All proofs I'm right about everything.
    You sure are. Why you can see the UK's giant pile of severed white penises from space!

No, but I can count the dead bodies of white people murdered by Muslims that your side invited in the UK to create a vibrant and diverse society.

You can? You'd think the pile of white people murdered by other white people would overshadow it like Everest over a molehill. It's almost like murder is only noteworthy to some people when those with "bad" skin colors kill people with "good" skin colors.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast