Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For The White City! Divide and Conquer 3.0

Default For The White City! Divide and Conquer 3.0

Welcome to the 1st part of my Divide and Conquer 3.0 Let's Play! We start with a great battle against Mordor while losing a few territories. Be sure to subscribe to stay updated on whats to come on this series!

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: For The White City! Divide and Conquer 3.0

For a moment here I was thinking Turkafinwe had a LOTR rival

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

This episode almost immediately picks up with Gondor and Mordor staging a massive battle for E. Osgiliath. From there its moves and countermoves. Neither Mordor or Gondor gain much ground. New trade deals are made with the Elves of Lorian and rumors of growing powers in the south continue to make Gondor southern border nervous. Be sure to let me know what you think ion the comments!

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Good start for your new AAR! The big battle after the siege of Osgiliath (in part 1) look tense at times, the enemy heavy infantry seem like a serious threat. You had some good views of your soldiers marching to the battle, too.

I like the way that you explain your overall strategy - to develp your regions to improve your income in the long run, even if you lose some settlements in the short term. I wonder if you'd like to say more about your strategy when playing major battles. I find it helpful when you explain your thinking about how you're using individual units (such as your cavalry circling around to rear-charge the enemy infantry).
    Last edited by Alwyn; May 18, 2019 at 09:08 AM.

Here is a continuation of the Divide and Conquer 3.0 Let's Play Part 3! This time it is here to stay until we defeat the darkness!

It looks like Gondor has plenty of infantry but (as you said) a shortage of cavalry. I wonder if you'll recruit more, or if Rohan's army will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    It looks like Gondor has plenty of infantry but (as you said) a shortage of cavalry. I wonder if you'll recruit more, or if Rohan's army will show up.

Yes and cav is the way to go to defeat the hordes of Mordor. Hopefully I can get more soon but it would be amazing if Theoden arrived.

Oh yeah...thats the Witch King
    Check out my YouTube channel below for more Total War and RTS content!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpN...D0sUA4XWG9U_pw

They may be humble farm-hands and militia, but under skilled leadership they are capable defenders of Gondor. I'm intrigued by the news that the One Ring has been located. The arrival of the Witch King is suitably impressive and intimidating and the battle which follows looked very enjoyable. Great video!

This episode is pretty much non-stop battles. If you watched episode #5 then you know Mordor unleashed doom stacks with trolls and all sorts of devilry. Well in this episode Gondor defends against them pretty much the entire time. So grab some munchies and watch Mordor and Gondor go to war!

It looks like Gondor's defences are holding despite the brutal attacks of the Olog-Hai, being often outnumbered and (on one occasion) being under attack from three sides. Impressive!

If you love bridge battles in Total War then this episode is for you! Mordor continuously batters down the Gondor forces that are slowly thinning out. However, what Mordor does not know is that all across Gondor forces are rallying to Minas Tirith call to not only defend but launch an offensive into the dark lands!

Gondor did not exactly get to invade Mordor as planned as Mordor quickly brought in hordes of Orcs to attack the preparing armies of Gondor. However, after fierce defensive battles, Gondor continues to garner strength for the eventual invasion into Mordor.

That's a huge number of enemies in the battle which starts at around 9:30, I hope that Mordor's armies won't start bringing artillery or those bridge battles could get even harder. It looks like pushing into Mordor will be a major challenge!

This series continues until Mordor is taken! In this episode, Gondor holds fast against Orcs and takes back Eastern Osgiliath from Harad. The realm of men must build up its forces if it wishes to invade Mordor successfully and defeat the Shadow in the East.

In this Divide and Conquer Total War episode! Gondor finally begins its push into Mordor via Cirith Ungol. Within Gondor, Boromir the Mighty meets the Witch-King of Angmar who rides out of Henneth Annun with over 4,000 orcs to defeat the Gondorian General. Will Gondor be able to defeat the dark lords servant and be able to continue its advance into Mordor?

I'm intrigued by the news about the One Ring. It looks like the armies of Gondor are advancing successfully into Mordor despite fierce opposition, but the attack from the south (from the corsairs?) might be dangerous.

I'm back with another Divide and Conquer episode! This time Mordor and the mercenaries from the south put up a massive fight back as Gondor makes gains into the East. Boromir takes Gondor's main army and assaults the Black Gate while Faramir gathers a secondary force at Minas Tirith. I hope everyone's having a great weekend! Enjoy!

It does look tough in southern Gondor, I hope you'll find a way to turn the tide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast