Thread: Rome II Total War Soundtrack Submod!!!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Rome II Total War Soundtrack Submod!!!

Welcome! This is a music/soundtrack submod for EBII v. 2.35. It contains music from the Rome II Total War game, as well as a small amount of tracks by Audiomachine as filler. The new songs play on both the campaign map and battle map, as well as the loading screens and main menu screen. Not everyone likes Rome 2, which is fair, but the music is undeniably good, even if you prefer the old original Rome Total War soundtrack (I've already got a submod for that, though, you pushy little jerk).

Download and enjoy! For a reminder of how the soundtrack sounded, here's the thing in its entirety:

Installation instructions:

1) Download the RAR file, locate it on your computer (should be in your "downloads" folder)

2) Extract the RAR file directly to your EB II ("ebii") folder within the "mods" folder of your Medieval II game. DO NOT extract it to any other folder than the EB II one.

3) When asked to overwrite any and all files, simply click yes. If it did not ask you to overwrite any files, then you have done something wrong and have chosen the wrong installation path.

4) Boot the game up and enjoy the new tunes!

I would strongly urge you to back up the sound folder of your EBII mod before doing any of this, just in case you make an honest mistake, or a dumb one!

Download link:

Download the submod here from ModDB.

Is it save-game compatible?

YES! Duh! Of course it is. Now quit asking questions and enjoy the submod.

Default Re: Rome II Total War Soundtrack Submod!!!

A good opportunity for me to finally check the music of RTWII, never played that game x)

Good submod Roma_Victrix

Thanks! Let me know if you like it or not.

Personally I think it makes every battle sound pretty damn epic. The campaign map music is nice too. I also threw in a couple campaign map songs from the first Rome: Total War and even kept a few EBII ones, so the original music isn't erased entirely.

This one for the campaign map is really good for some reason. It's got that old 60s era movie feel to it. Sounds great in the game!

Still can't beat Rome 1 songs

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Still can't beat Rome 1 songs
    Yeah, but you should feel adventurous and try something new, even if it doesn't quite surpass the greatness of composer Jeff van Dyck for the first RTW.

Indeed. I'm actually a bit tired of the current musics on my campaign so I will definitely try this one