Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Iran stopping part of the implementation of the nuclear deal

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: Iran stopping part of the implementation of the nuclear deal

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Sylva View Post
    Atm it seems, he is busy with the millions of "illegals" , wich he want to deport from US. Tomorrow it is something else. Perhaps the new Harley Davidson Fabric in China.

Hopefully he got distracted like a cat hunting a mouse, then suddenly distracted by a rolling ball of wool...

The only thing i hope, is that the department of defence got a new head. I'm worried that Bolton could mix up things there.

That is a risk that without somebody who a suck up to Trump. Bolton might be able to expand his influence in the vacuum. I don't suppose drones have much in the way of counter measures probably an easy shot
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Sylva View Post
    Atm it seems, he is busy with the millions of "illegals" , wich he want to deport from US. Tomorrow it is something else. Perhaps the new Harley Davidson Fabric in China.

Hopefully he got distracted like a cat hunting a mouse, then suddenly distracted by a rolling ball of wool...

The only thing i hope, is that the department of defence got a new head. I'm worried that Bolton could mix up things there.
    Definition: Presidency. The country is a lot of moving parts. will hit any President on the back of the head without warning.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

The whole "orange man stupid" shtick is really reeking of desperation. I mean one can presume Trump to be dishonest and/or corrupt, but calling a successful real estate mogul and someone who holds one of the most powerful political offices in the world "stupid" is CNN level of delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    The whole "orange man stupid" shtick is really reeking of desperation. I mean one can presume Trump to be dishonest and/or corrupt, but calling a successful real estate mogul and someone who holds one of the most powerful political offices in the world "stupid" is CNN level of delusion.
    Not really. But it does call into question the intelligence of the people who keep calling him 'stupid', but continue to lose to an idiot.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Real estate doesn't compare to politics or war threats - he certainly won't be able to get out of any arising responsibilities by declaring the US bankrupt (like he did with several of his companies). But agreed: 'stupid' is the wrong term for it. 'Simplistic, deluded' would be a better fit.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Indeed, only a genius would approve airstrikes but cancel them at the last minute.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48714414
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Blog Entries

I am joining Chuck's apprehension (from your article):

The top Democrat in the US Senate, Chuck Schumer, said: "The president may not intend to go to war here, but we're worried that he and the administration may bumble into a war."

Having Pompeo in one ear and Bolton in the other does not leave much space for reasoning voices.

So Trump is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. There's just no winning with you.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Except he is not really successful in real estate. His father was. Between bankruptcy and just inheriting a lot of money he play at being a mogul but he is fact not. He is a very good grifter and got lucky with the electoral college system. As a side note he a good example of why the inheritance tax should go way up a good business man tax cheat (and violator of federal rules went running subsidized housing) should not be able to leave enough money to his so a comparative idiot can con people into thinking he good at anything really

---------------

So Trump is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. There's just no winning with you.
    Is for seemingly having no coherent strategy. He pulls out of the Obama accord whyin because Obama made it , but than want's those still to pressure Iran to stay in? We have ships and drones and soldiers protecting shipping but no real clear policy statement has to what happens if that shipping is interfered with. Why not a clear policy like the in the Tanker war to flag ships with a US flag so has to present a clear line. The evidence on the attacks is sketchy. If Iran, they seem to have spent some effort to distance themselves. And who benefits from any strike - Just Iranian hardliners who opposition to negotiations will look good and no doubt state media have all kinds of explanations for the tanker attacks that don't involve Iran. They are really probably hoping for a response that is really lucky for them the US mistskenly targets a plane or school.
    Last edited by conon394; June 21, 2019 at 07:20 AM.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...55375186907136

President Obama made a desperate and terrible deal with Iran - Gave them 150 Billion Dollars plus I.8 Billion Dollars in CASH! Iran was in big trouble and he bailed them out. Gave them a free path to Nuclear Weapons, and SOON. Instead of saying thank you, Iran yelled.....

....Death to America. I terminated deal, which was not even ratified by Congress, and imposed strong sanctions. They are a much weakened nation today than at the beginning of my Presidency, when they were causing major problems throughout the Middle East. Now they are Bust!....

....On Monday they shot down an unmanned drone flying in International Waters. We were cocked & loaded to retaliate last night on 3 different sights when I asked, how many will die. 150 people, sir, was the answer from a General. 10 minutes before the strike I stopped it, not....

....proportionate to shooting down an unmanned drone. I am in no hurry, our Military is rebuilt, new, and ready to go, by far the best in the world. Sanctions are biting & more added last night. Iran can NEVER have Nuclear Weapons, not against the USA, and not against the WORLD!
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Cocked and loaded, huh.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    Well, he does both alternately, doesn't he, which is the basic problem.

Best example just recently: North Korea - still has the nukes Donald threatened to wipe him out for (remember 'little rocket man'?) and Kim is now bestest pal of Donald. Still does missile tests, too.
    Can't for the love of me figure out why the ayatollahs didn't butter Donald up (and continue doing what they were doing) like everyone else does fairly successfully. The Saudi prince did it, Kim did it - so why not them?

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Best example just recently: North Korea - still has the nukes Donald threatened to wipe him out for (remember 'little rocket man'?) and Kim is now bestest pal of Donald. Still does missile tests, too.
    Aren't the sanctions against NK still in place or am I wrong?

Can't for the love of me figure out why the ayatollahs didn't butter Donald up (and continue doing what they were doing) like everyone else does fairly successfully. The Saudi prince did it, Kim did it - so why not them?
    Two reasons.

1. They feel aggrieved by US government and if they were to give in they'd come up like spineless losers. It's "saving face".
    2. No point. There's no chance that, even some, sanctions would be lifted if they'd somehow make Trump friendly. Love letters won't impress Pompeo and Bolton, nor the likes of Cotton and Graham.

If they were to give up all nuclear technology and also agree to cut ties with Hezbollah and Hamas the sanctions would remain in place. Only if they were to let the US and Gulf monarchies privatize their whole economy and reduce them into a pathetic puppet state they'd let the Ayatollahs run the place as they see fit and human rights would stop being an issue, just like in KSA.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ View Post
    Kinda my point: business as usual, just that Kim is now best buddy of Donald. That's after Donald made a huge spectacle of threatening 'fire and brimstone'.

My bet: in about 4-5 weeks there will be some highly photogenic arrangement regarding Iran after which Donald is going to show everyone yet another 'amazing' letter he received while playing act II (or is III already) of 'Saviour of the West' - the guy that brings us back from the brink of the disaster he created, just like with North Korea.

You probably have a valid point where Iran's stance is concerned, given your feasible summary at the end of your post.
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 21, 2019 at 11:32 AM.

Miles

Apparently Iranians shot down a US spy drone...
    Not necessarily the first time that a serious incident happened with US drones and Iran, in 2011 an RQ-170 was captured by Iranian forces near the city of Kashmar in Northwestern Iran and probably had it reverse engineered.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E...Q-170_incident

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Kinda my point: business as usual, just that Kim is now best buddy of Donald. That's after Donald made a huge spectacle of threatening 'fire and brimstone'.

My bet: in about 4-5 weeks there will be some highly photogenic arrangement regarding Iran after which Donald is going to show everyone yet another 'amazing' letter he received while playing act II (or is III already) of 'Saviour of the West' - the guy that brings us back from the brink of the disaster he created, just like with North Korea.

You probably have a valid point where Iran's stance is concerned, given your feasible summary at the end of your post.
    There's also one more thing, although I doubt the Iranians are thinking about it, and granted might not be too plausible, and that is Democrats accusing Trump of being to soft when meeting with Kim. Trump would probably try to get a similar agreement to that of JCPOA with them. The last thing the Iranians would want is Democratic establishment and the Never-Trump Republicans proclaiming that the weak Donald is giving the Iranians what they want, not because they'd object in principle to the agreement, but just because Trump did it.
    Last edited by Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σω June 21, 2019 at 03:31 PM.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

They are but Sat data and some on the ground reporting shows China is not rigorously enforcing them any more and Russia gone back to cheating as well. Also things like new rail link connections are still going ahead with the ROK which suggests they go the humanitarian aid route. It's worth remembering that NK got in more tests than India did so partially destroying the active part of their test site was an empty gesture and unused tunnels remain. Kim can ride it out he got ecstatic about the tension in Iran and the trade war with China he can keep sending love letters while getting his nuclear house in solid shape such that it can't be eliminated effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Except he is not really successful in real estate. His father was. Between bankruptcy and just inheriting a lot of money he play at being a mogul but he is fact not. He is a very good grifter and got lucky with the electoral college system. As a side note he a good example of why the inheritance tax should go way up a good business man tax cheat (and violator of federal rules went running subsidized housing) should not be able to leave enough money to his so a comparative idiot can con people into thinking he good at anything really
    I don't think you understand difference between corporate bankruptcy and individual bankruptcy.
    Is for seemingly having no coherent strategy. He pulls out of the Obama accord whyin because Obama made it , but than want's those still to pressure Iran to stay in? We have ships and drones and soldiers protecting shipping but no real clear policy statement has to what happens if that shipping is interfered with. Why not a clear policy like the in the Tanker war to flag ships with a US flag so has to present a clear line. The evidence on the attacks is sketchy. If Iran, they seem to have spent some effort to distance themselves. And who benefits from any strike - Just Iranian hardliners who opposition to negotiations will look good and no doubt state media have all kinds of explanations for the tanker attacks that don't involve Iran. They are really probably hoping for a response that is really lucky for them the US mistskenly targets a plane or school.
    The problem isn't with Trump, but with neocon fifth column within GOP which is relentlessly pushing for wasting taxpayer money on aid to parasitic and unreliable "allies" such as Israel and Saudis and constant pointless wars in Middle East on their behalf.
    However, it is a good thing that while neoconservative infestation can't be purged from the party, Trump is still playing them like a fiddle.

I don't think you understand difference between corporate bankruptcy and individual bankruptcy.
    It mean under his management four of property ventures failed.

However, it is a good thing that while neoconservative infestation can't be purged from the party, Trump is still playing them like a fiddle.
    Aside from tv producers Trump has never really played anyone (well I guess his MAGA crowds)

The problem isn't with Trump, but with neocon fifth column within GOP which is relentlessly pushing for wasting taxpayer money on aid to parasitic and unreliable "allies" such as Israel and Saudis and constant pointless wars in Middle East on their behalf.
    Problem is Trump is all in the house Saud and Israel under Bibi. I'll will agree its Bolton who is pushing for a war in Iran but Trump has made the relationship the Saudis and Israel tight and personal.
    Last edited by conon394; June 22, 2019 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    It mean under his management four of property ventures failed.
    As I said, you need to read up on the difference between corporate and individual bankruptcies.

Aside from tv producers Trump has never really played anyone (well I guess his MAGA crowds)
    US is still not at war with Iran. Democrats and neocons didn't get what they wanted. Trump is pretty much the first president US had that actually pulled that of, at least in comparison to less competent talking-heads that were his last 3 or 4 predecessors.
    Problem is Trump is all in the house Saud and Israel under Bibi. I'll will agree its Bolton who is pushing for a war in Iran but Trump has made the relationship the Saudis and Israel tight and personal.
    He has to play both sides. If that was as simple as you desrcibe, he'd just continue doing what Obama and Bush did and US would be already at war with Iran and Syria.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast