Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Iran stopping part of the implementation of the nuclear deal

Default Re: Iran stopping part of the implementation of the nuclear deal

1) Yes, indeed, Iran's regime should know that its days are numbered, and tremble. 2) All enemies to liberty seek to guard themselves against punishment. I'm happy to see Iran's regime apologists recognize that, contrary to tired talking points about peaceful nuclear energy or religious opposition to nuclear arms, it would in fact be strongly in Iran's interests to attain nuclear capability. 3) Iran is the world's largest sponsor of terrorism, controlling, arming or funding terrorist organizations everywhere from Afghanistan to Latin America. The US is indisputably the leader of the global fight against terrorism. 4) Iran has worked to export its Islamic Revolution to most of its neighbors, particularly countries with heavy Shiite populations like Lebanon, Iraq and the Gulf. Iran's expansionist ambitions have achieved the impossible feat of uniting the ethnically and religiously diverse nations of the Middle East; that is, in defiance of Iranian aggression. 5) Wahhabist caliphates and Iranian wilayat-al-faqih are different in the sense that forks and spoons are different; we're still talking about cutlery here.
    Last edited by Prodromos; May 12, 2019 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Wording, again
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Sounds like something straight out of CNN propaganda machine.
    Iran is a liberal democracy if compared to countries like Qatar or Saudi Arabia (which is, in fact, largest sponsor of terrorism). On par with Russia, Iran did the most to help Syria defeat jihadist groups and actually did a lot to stabilize the region.
    And of course US is not an undisputed leader against terrorism, US government and CIA actively aided de-facto terrorist groups for decades since Cold War.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    Sometime after World War II, a Jewish survivor was asked, "What did you learn from it?" He answered, "I learned that when someone says he wants to kill you, believe him."
    Prominent israeli rabbis regularly threaten Iran with genocide. For those of you who bother to read the source and then say "hur i dun see genocide mentioned anywhere" let me give you a quick lesson on the Torah. According to Deuteronomy 25:19, jews are not just allowed but COMMANDED to "Wipe out the descendants of Amalek". Men, women children, the very definition of genocide. israelis have long decided to name anyone who doesn't bow to their will as Amalek, such as the Roman Empire and Germany, and are thus justified in the utter extermination of said peoples. More recent groups to gain the "Amalek" justification of genocide include Iran, Malaysia, the internet, Ilhan Omar and jews who don't always agree with israel. As more and more religious fanatics gain a greater hold over the israeli government, Iran is extremely justified in ensuring its defense against the promise of every Iranian man, woman and child being exterminated by israel and its golems.

Good source you found there:

One year ago, Rabbi Nir Ben Artzi made a startling prediction that witchcraft and black magic would make a comeback in the world. A look back at the headlines of 2017 reveals a disturbing trend: the rabbi was undoubtedly correct.
    For some reason I've never heard of that guy, though I was also unaware of the global rise in black magic.

According to Haaretz, he was a tractor driver until "a tzaddik appeared to him in a dream".

It get's better:

In 2000, Rabbis Shlomo Aviner and Yigal Kaminetsky sued him in the rabbinical court in Jerusalem for pretending to be the Messiah, and for other damage and acts of deception. In the verdict they came to a compromise, and it was decided that Ben Artzi would not say that he had divine information to reveal secrets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    Good source you found there:

For some reason I've never heard of that guy, though I was also unaware of the global rise in black magic.

According to Haaretz, he was a tractor driver until "a tzaddik appeared to him in a dream".

It get's better:
    hey, its israel's religion, not mine. i think its retarded too, especially the part about you guys getting to genocide whomever you want. Also I have it on your authority that Haaretz is a far-left rag that purposefully casts the israeli right in as bad a light as possible. i'd take those lefties with a grain of salt when they denigrate the faithful.
    Last edited by chriscase; May 12, 2019 at 04:42 PM. Reason: continuity

Quote Originally Posted by Caduet View Post
    Also I have it on your authority that Haaretz is a far-left rag that purposefully casts the israeli right in as bad a light as possible.
    That's true, although the rabbis that sued him for fraud actually are prominent Religious Zionist rabbis.
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Indefinitely Banned

That's true, although the rabbis that sued him for fraud actually are prominent Religious Zionist rabbis.
    whoa israelis arguing among themselves, stop the presses what an unprecedented event. your own source describes him as a leading kabbalist, and it seems that the rabbinical court did not rule against him anyway, but instead got the litigating parties to compromise. but if israeli religious figures calling for the genocide of Iranians isn't good enough for you, why not take a look at the "secular" israeli government, including our beloved Eternal Prime Minister Bibi? While he weasels out of directly calling Iran his "new Amalek" its pretty clear he can only be referring to one nation here (although if Iran really wanted to kill all the jews you'd think they wouldn't suffer to have any living within their borders). This coupled with Bibi's ceaseless attempts to get America to invade, and his previous success in tricking us into invading Iraq based on lies and deception make this a disturbingly credible threat of extermination facing Iran.

It is safe to say that Iran has interest in stabilizing its backyard. Israel seems to create long term problems for short-term goals (i.e. Israelli constant' attacks on Syria) - which will eventually backfire once American sugar-daddy won't be there to back them.
    As for US itself, from perspective of "average American" the only thing that would make sense would be to leave region be and let Iran sort out the mess.

Okay, how does Iran plan to "stabilize" the Middle East?

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

your own source describes him as a leading kabbalist
    What do you think that means?

Perhaps that we should be more worried about China:

"God will cleanse the world and erase China from the world this year, and there will be rough winds there," Nir Ben-Artzi, a local kabbalist rabbi, told a conference on Yom Kippur held in Telamim.
    Although that was 2010, when I guess he was only "local", and it seems China survived.

Iran helped Syria deal with foreign insurrection.

I never understand yanks too daft to understand that the muslims killing yanks, such as isis and aq are supported by the saudis NOT the iranians.

America replaced an Iranian democracy with a totalitarian regime, America supported Iraq when the Iraqis started a war with Iran and used chemical weapons and you wonder why the Iranians don't like you?

The Iranians have been the main force in the region combating the bloody lunatics out to kill yanks and set up islamic capliphates.

Indefinitely Banned

israeli strategy is laid out in the Yinon Plan, where they state the best way to achieve israeli security is to keep their neighbors constantly fighting each other. Thus they sponsor terrorists and convince America to topple stabilizing, if "autocratic", leaders like Saddam and Assad. Iran, by virtue of opposing this strategy is a stabilizing agent.

What do you think that means?

Perhaps that we should be more worried about China:

Although that was 2010, when I guess he was only "local", and it seems China survived.
    kabbalah is just "spiritual" judaism. i think its dumb, but this is israel's religion, not mine. seems like Ben-Artzi called the Golan annexation according to that article, so he's got that going for him. again, the invocations of Amalek are hardly constrained to rabbis you deem fringe, but by Bibi himself. i assume when Iran girds its defenses for war against israel and its golems, they are thinking more of Bibi's call for their annihilation rather than Ben-Artzi's.

"Putting down a foreign insurrection " isn't an accurate description of Iran's role in the Syrian rebellion, though, given that they actively assisted the most radical jihadists in going to Syria, likely in an effort to discredit the rebellion as a jihadist endeavor. Interestingly enough, Russia did the same, as did Assad by emptying his prisons of extremists, IIRC. Iran and Syria also have a long history of helping ISIS against Iraq and Coalition troops; their fight against ISIL is very much a new development. If civil war, terrorism and revolution is what Iran means by stability, no wonder no one is interested.

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Indefinitely Banned

"Putting down a foreign insurrection " isn't an accurate description of Iran's role in the Syrian rebellion, though, given that they actively assisted the most radical jihadists in going to Syria, likely in an effort to discredit the rebellion as a jihadist endeavor. Interestingly enough, Russia did the same, as did Assad by emptying his prisons of extremists, IIRC. Iran and Syria also have a long history of helping ISIS against Iraq and Coalition troops; their fight against ISIL is very much a new development. If civil war, terrorism and revolution is what Iran means by stability, no wonder no one is interested.
    Since I'm on Pro's ignore list, this breakdown of his mendacious post is for the benefit of everyone else. Regarding the "Assad emptied the prisons to provide foot soldiers for ISIS" myth, he provided general amnesty to prisoners AT THE REQUEST of the so-called secular opposition. This "secular" opposition had a large composition of Muslim Brotherhood activists who had long been suppressed by the Assads and wanted their brother released form their prisons. In an act of concession to the relatively peaceful protests at the time, Assad released all sorts of prisoners and did not hide that Muslim Brotherhood agents were among them. For those of you who want to be educated on this so as not to fall for the propaganda Pro spews, this is a pretty good essay on the matter (it is pretty long tho):
    https://libertarianinstitute.org/art...rian-uprising/

Regarding the laughable claim that Shia Iran is supporting Shia-genociding ISIS, this is the only source I found. The "thesis" (generously speaking) is that Iran supports Hamas, and Hamas may or may not have been playing footsie with ISIS in the Sinai, therefore Iran supports ISIS. As weak as this is, it doesn't actually have to do with Syria since the Sinai is Egyptian. I also have a feeling he conflates any insurgent group (although its hard to tell what he actually means since he lacks any source for his claims) in Iraq with ISIS as it is well-documented that Iran supported Shia militants who did not get on well with US occupiers. Of course, he conveniently forgets that when the US-"trained" Iraqi army collapsed and fled immediately from the initial ISIS blitz, it was these very militias that held Baghdad from their genocidal advance. As we can see, Pro defeats himself by accidentally pointing out further examples of Iran defeating israeli-proxy forces and serving as a force for stability from Syria to Iraq.

i assume when Iran girds its defenses for war against israel and its golems, they are thinking more of Bibi's call for their annihilation rather than Ben-Artzi's.
    This is what you called "a disturbingly credible threat of extermination facing Iran":

"We will always remember what the Nazi Amalek did to us, and we won't forget to be prepared for the new Amalek, who is making an appearance on the stage of history and once again threatening to destroy the Jews," Netanyahu said in a possible reference to Iran.
    Seems like you're being a bit more dramatic than Netanyahu is.

Indefinitely Banned

This is what you called "a disturbingly credible threat of extermination facing Iran":

Seems like you're being a bit more dramatic than Netanyahu is.
    And this is what israelis are supposed to do to Amalek:
    עַתָּה֩ לֵ֨ךְ וְהִכִּֽיתָ֜ה אֶת־עֲמָלֵ֗ק וְהַֽחֲרַמְתֶּם֙ אֶת־כָּל־אֲשֶׁר־ל֔וֹ וְלֹ֥א תַחְמֹ֖ל עָלָ֑יו וְהֵמַתָּ֞ה מֵאִ֣ישׁ עַד־אִשָּׁ֗ה מֵֽעֹלֵל֙ וְעַד־יוֹנֵ֔ק מִשּׁ֣וֹר וְעַד־שֶׂ֔ה מִגָּמָ֖ל וְעַד־חֲמֽוֹר׃ (ס)
    Now go, attack Amalek, and proscribe all that belongs to him. Spare no one, but kill alike men and women, infants and sucklings, oxen and sheep, camels and asses!”

Given Bibi's success as a warmonger, Iran is very correct to treat this as an existential threat. Their asses are literally on the line.

Their asses are literally on the line.
    And their camels!

Praeses

And their camels!
    Will you shut up about the camels? Otherwise the {{{Australian}}} (note southern hemisphere echo symbols) plot to destroy the northern Hemisphere's supply of dromedaries, leaving us as the sole major source in the world (we already have the worlds largest wild herds of camels LOL) will be exposed.

We have already tricked the US into invading Afghanistan by flying explosive kookaburras disguised as Saudis into the WTC, as well as demonising Uighurs in China (with cleverly disguised social media accounts stirring up Jihad mate), thus threatening the Bactrian camel populations as well.

Now our hapless Israeli and Saudi pawns wreak war in all the major camel breeding grounds of the fertile crescent.

The final piece of the puzzle will be eliminating the camelids of South America, comrade Donny "Aussie" Trumpy (all Australian agents have an "y" suffix, Netanyahuy, King Salmany, Xi Jinpingy, Theresa Mayy) has made a start...in Venezuala? Idiot, we said Peru! So hard to get decent minions these days.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by 95thrifleman View Post
    I never understand yanks too daft to understand that the muslims killing yanks, such as isis and aq are supported by the saudis NOT the iranians.
    As bad as the Saudis are, there is no evidence they support Al-Qaeda or ISIS.

America replaced an Iranian democracy with a totalitarian regime, America supported Iraq when the Iraqis started a war with Iran and used chemical weapons and you wonder why the Iranians don't like you?
    Are you this ignorant or do you not realize the entire 1953 coup of Iran was orchestrated and started by the United Kingdom? It all happened due to Iran wanting to limit the Anglo-Iranian oil company's control over Iran's oil reserves. Never heard of Operation Boot? Your country is as much to blame as mine for Iran's current government.

It was Europe that actually really helped Iraq get its chemical weapons in the first place. The United Kingdom also supported the iraqis during the Iran-Iraq War.

Do continue on with the anti-american bias though liked the United kingdom are saints in this.

The Iranians have been the main force in the region combating the bloody lunatics out to kill yanks and set up islamic capliphates.
    Thats a load of . The Iraqis, Kurds and minorities, and the Syrians have been doi9g the most to combat ISIS. Then you have the coalition and Russian support that really hurt ISIS.

Iran has however helped overthrow the government of Yemen and supports a very well known terror group in Lebanon.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast