Thread: Little modding help (Wider frontages)

Default Little modding help (Wider frontages)

This is a quick post and I just want to know if it is possible to extend the frontage width of a unit past the limit set in the base game.

For example, I want to increase the size of the units to around 600 models per unit with 4 ranks as the standard. However, the only way I can find to achieve this is to change the model spacing within the unit to the point where they are packed like sardines, phasing into the models on either side.

I was hoping someone here has an idea on how to do this.

Below is the extent I can drag the unit (7-8 Ranks deep) at the moment. Is there a way to break this limit, or is it impossible?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	663.0 KB 
ID:	358112

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Little modding help (Wider frontages)

If you look just over the unit buttons you'll notice how to move a unit on the battlefield. Now, there are two tiny control buttons one with a "<->" and the other is a sort of a "arrow pointer".

Click one of those tiny buttons and you'll notice the ranks have been changed. Give it a try and test it while you have paused the game.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I know about these buttons in the UI. However, what I am asking for is if there is a line in the code that dictates how wide you can drag and draw a unit's frontage from being, for example, 6 ranks of 80 models wide (which is the default number of models in a rank) to 3 ranks of 160 models wide, doubling the length of the line.

The picture I attached in the first post is the full extent of the drag and draw and it only allows 8 ranks with that many soldier models in the unit. I can't lengthen the line any further and the "Increase Rank" and "Increase File" buttons wouldn't have any effect as the unit is already at it's maximum length.

So I'm wondering if there a way to mod this limiter out.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

It should be, but where to find it is something I do not know. Sorry, I can't help you.

Perhaps there is someone else in the Modding Staff that can assist you.

Thread moved from the Empire Total War General Discussion forum.
    Last edited by Leonardo; May 07, 2019 at 07:28 PM.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.