Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firefox Discussion

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Firefox Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    The main distinction between then and now is the Quantum release, which broadly encompasses UI changes, performance improvements, 'chromified' experience in UI and backend performance (behaves more like chrome now, basically), a new platform for addons (makes every older plugin out of date until they use the new system, which has happened by now for any currently maintained plugin) and many bug/security fixes. Nothing so critical that you should act like you're running on windows XP, but the bug and exploit issue is always there, and could bite those who live in the older editions.

That's what I got from comparing between 56 and now, anyways.
    If Firefox has adopted a similiar Chrome UI then perhaps it's time to scrap Firefox once and for all, because I never liked Chrome and the only browser left that's fairly close to Firefox is Palemoon.

However, I once tried Palemoon but after a while I switch back to Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    If the UI is all that's wrong, it may be worth poking around here.
    That link doesn't help me at all since it's about themes (I've no issues with the theme I use) and not addons.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    If Firefox has adopted a similiar Chrome UI then perhaps it's time to scrap Firefox once and for all, because I never liked Chrome and the only browser left that's fairly close to Firefox is Palemoon.
    I'm not a big Chrome fan myself beyond testing, but I'd still call Firefox a fair stretch beyond the immediate competition. For me, the closest firefox lookalike is Opera.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    That link doesn't help me at all since it's about themes (I've no issues with the theme I use) and not addons.
    You mentioned the GUI, not addons. If addons is the problem, the only answer is to find updated versions/alternatives, and if it's the UI of the new versions you don't like, then I guess that is that.

Various themes in that link reproduce the interface of old firefox versions, but if it doesn't work for you, then I guess that's that, sorry for the trouble.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

I did mention the GUI, but some addons I use brings back the old GUI used in Firefox 4 or 5 and at that time I like the GUI. So, I wanted to use the old GUI hence for using addons like the Classical Theme Restorer addon.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12