Thread: No Crusades???

Default No Crusades???

(If this is the wrong place to put bugs, problems, etc. sorry.)

But in any case, hello, first time posting, decent time lurker. Been absolutely loving this mod. Have no patience for mods like Stainless Steel which are a bit too much for me and besides I've got other things to do. TV scratches my itch perfectly.

Anyway, as it says on the tin, in all my time playing I don't recall ever seeing crusades called. Jihads yes I think a few times to places like Mecca, but no crusades? I can call crusades and jihads manually and they work just fine when I do, but I have never actually seen a crusade be called naturally by AI. Even when playing Muslim factions and angering the pope per usual in the Levant there's nothing. Makes things a bit less colorful. Even if you argue crusades were never perfect gameplay-wise (and they weren't) they at least shook things up a bit in the world, especially as Middle Eastern factions, which I am now playing even more of now that there's more of them and the Mongols are less immediately scary.

Am I the only one experiencing this? This is from playing 3.2 no submods on Steam Med 2. Installing 3.3 as we speak so I'll edit if I get better luck there. Cheers.

4zumi's Avatar This one sparks joy

Default Re: No Crusades???

There is no dedicated bug thread, so you are in the right place
    And I welcome you here.

Crusades will be called after turn 20 by the AI, before they are kind of blocked.
    I do not have direct influence over when and how a crusade is called, because I did not change the Campaign AI in this regards. You may be just kind of unlucky or no western nation has the means to call right now. I had some crusades called by the AI. Mostly it is spain who calls upon Cordoba or the HRE that calls on Kaunas.

So maybe you had bad luck, but I will look into this, if you experience it further in TVB 3.3

have fun on your campaign
    Proudly under the patronage of King Athelstan of the Imperial House of Hader

Author of
    Total Vanilla Beyond mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms &
    Developer of
    Total Bananas mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms (beta)

Steam Workshop Mods for Rome 2, Warhammer, Warhammer 2

Discord: zumi's cookie corner
    Fighting for launch of "Cookie Friday" and "No Pants Saturday"

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

Probably because they seem to call crusades on neighbours who are Pagan or Muslim, and since there is no Crusader States in the middle east anymore they can't call crusades on their Muslim neighbours

No, I don't think so. The first crusade I always see, after some time goes to Cairo.
    I will start a Byzantine Campaign soon, and will report where the first one goes, if one gets called.

Author of
    Developer of

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

That could also be because of Sicily though, if they expand into Africa and gain borders with Egypt, maybe even go to war early, then Sicily might be the one calling the crusades on them?

played a campaign as the byzantines, first crusade (successful) went to cordoba

Yep there are crusades. Playing Turks right now and a crusade has been called on Cordoba, turn 26 immediately after I took Constantinople.

That matches with my experience too. I play as Byzantium and after 40 or so turns someone called one to Cordoba

Author of
    Developer of