Thread: Something to fix the economy of this mod?

Default Something to fix the economy of this mod?

Hey there, been a while since I've played Third Age and was wondering if there's actually a sub mod out there that fix the economy issue in this mod? I remember that it was impossible to build anything or recruit any unit for serious lack of money. So is there a sub mod out there that bring back a more vanilla economic system? Thanks!

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Something to fix the economy of this mod?

Yeah, what do you mean impossible? There are some how to play guides in this forum, but i m sure you were doing some things wrong. I will make some suggestions in case you wanna revisit the mod though:
    1. Choose your capital to be in the middlest possible
    2. Establish trade rights with as many factions as you can
    3. Dont fill your cities with soldiers unless they are threatened by an enemy faction or have free upkeep or you are planning to attack (in that case recruit as many as you need to win)
    4. Built wisely and slowly.

Hey OP, I ran into this quite a long time ago, the economy value multipliers are stored in descr_settlement_mechanics.xml in Third_Age_3/Data. You can either edit the values in there or download the file in the linked google drive and replace the file in the folder:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iw_...SPlFf5OQx/view

To edit any values yourself just edit the "pip_modifier_value" for the particular parts but in my experience the values as I've set them work OK.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Good stuff, well I suspect it is.

General tip though for those who want to try this, always backup the file your are going to replace/edit before making changes.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

@Chris :

1. Well I don'T want to change my capital, that's not the point for gaming with this mod. I don't want to metagame such an awesome mod.
    2. Yes I already do this and it still never enough to upgrade my settlement at a good pace or recruit full armies like the AI.
    3. I can hardly have 2 full armies, so I don't waste units in settlement where there are not needed.
    4. I'm for building wisely, but not slowly. I wan't to have a feeling more like Stainless Steel. So if there's a mod out there that adds more buildings, I'm all ears. Thanks anyway!

@Crawfs : Thanks, I'll give this a try!

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

So basically you just want TATW to be really easy. Well, the DaC submod definitely has a different take on the economy, could try that. For some factions it's definitely faster, most factions actually.