Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Total Bananas - 1099 - 1.0 Release - Over the Edge

zercopiteco's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Total Bananas - 1099 - 1.0 Release - Over the Edge

I really liked the mod I had no problems installing it, no crashes either, but Hungary, Novgorod, Teutonic Order, Lithuania, Norway no have campaign voices. the campaign map is very good , i have a question: could the 2 continents be separated more or is it impossible? just to give it a little more historical realism, like vanilla but that ships don't cross at an early age the sea, Portugal conquered the nearby islands and Norwey in North America . And thanks for your good work.

4zumi's Avatar This one sparks joy

Thanks
    Mhhh, I will have to look at the no voices thing. Voices and Sounds are the bane of my existence...
    And for your question, yes it would have been possible to seperate the two continents more, but it was a gameplay decision to put them so close together, otherwise you would never see an european invasion there, which i found quiet boring. But you could seperate them more, if you or anyone would like to dabble in mapping and such.
    Proudly under the patronage of King Athelstan of the Imperial House of Hader

Author of
    Total Vanilla Beyond mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms &
    Developer of
    Total Bananas mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms (beta)

Steam Workshop Mods for Rome 2, Warhammer, Warhammer 2

Discord: zumi's cookie corner
    Fighting for launch of "Cookie Friday" and "No Pants Saturday"

Ego123's Avatar Tiro
    Linz, Austria & Sighetu Marmatiei, Romania

​4zumi,God bless your heart,your mod is the ultimate dream for people like me,who love the feeling of Vanilla and Kingdoms,but not the inconsistent gameplay and the lack of polishing of the original M2,also I consider that your mod is a great mod platform for everybody who wants to build his own vision of the perfect Vanilla M2 and incorporate that in a submod for your great mod,I hope that in the next two years I will have the chance to create my dream submod for your great mod(of course with your permision) and incorporate some stuff from a project that unfortunately the life didn't give me enough time to work on it and ended up just in the ,,graveyard" of M2 Wips, Ideas, and Proposals section.
    I thank you from all my heart for all the time that you invested to make us ,,hardcore M2&Kingdoms vanilla feeling lovers" happy.Congratulation for your work and for the release,and congratulation for the implementation of the best possible M2&Kingdoms factions roster,especially for incorporation of almost all the american Kingdom factions,that is a brilliant idea,and the price of leaving behind a second russian faction totally worth it,also is great that you kept Wales and there will be the much needed more action on the British Isles.The last I want to praise the supreme idea of giving the chance to the player to switch to Luther path.Of course there are also a lot of great improvements that you have added and for all of them I thank you,thank you for sharing with us your great work.I wish you the best.
    Last edited by Ego123; June 06, 2020 at 02:10 PM.
    Medieval 2 Reloaded Project - the work at this project is unfortunately stopped for an unlimited period of time

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?670553

Hi, is it a bug that there's no more battle announcer (You're men are wavering, ...) and no more general speeches or is it just my game that's corrupt ? Thanks for the answer, love this mod !

Guten Nachmittag Zusammen!
    Do anyone knows what was changed from the AI of the base game to this AI in the mod? Zumi talked about a more ahgressive AI towards rebel settlements.

Tip for increase the chance of naval invasions by the ai -> descr_strat -> pirate spawn value -> set to 250.

im having crashes on clicking next turn
    1:32:37.008 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/banana/data/ui/units/mercs/#Jaguar_Warriors.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II - Total War)
    21:32:37.009 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/banana/data/ui/units/mercs/#Jaguar_Warriors.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II - Total War)
    21:32:37.009 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/banana/data/ui/units/tarascans/#Tarascan_Warriors.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II - Total War)
    21:32:37.009 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/banana/data/ui/units/tarascans/#Tarascan_Warriors.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II - Total War)
    21:32:37.009 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/banana/data/ui/units/mercs/#Eagle_Warriors.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II - Total War)
    21:32:37.009 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/banana/data/ui/units/mercs/#Eagle_Warriors.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II - Total War)
    21:32:37.009 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0404_Army_Family_Trigger> fired
    21:32:37.009 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0526_Unexplored_Family_Tree_Trigger> fired
    21:32:37.009 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0530_Unexplored_Character_Details_Trigger> fired
    21:32:37.009 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0532_Unexplored_Foreign_Entity_Trigger> fired
    21:32:37.009 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0534_Unexplored_Strat_Speed_Settings_Trigger> fired
    21:32:37.009 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0568_Unexplored_Field_Construction_Trigger> fired
    21:32:40.249 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

Hi,
    I don't know if 4zumi checks these forums, but I try to ask here
    I installed both total vanilla (works), and bananas (doesn't work). Since the download was a simple drag and drop, I don't think I did anything special*.
    Simply when I use medieval2_bananas.bat, I get an unspecified error. So, not even a start screen, just instant error.

Total vanilla works (with the cd version bat file.)

I saw in the topic that some folks had this issue, but unfortunately they didn't post the solution. Does anyone remember?

Thanks a lot!

*both vanilla and bananas are in the same mod folder, in their separate folder: mods/banana and mods/totalvanillab

Hi 4zumi! been playing TWB for a decent amount time, I don't know if you ever look at the forums, but I just thought i'd let you know, that you missed the great jama text in the historic_events.txt file (for those experiencing a crash when building the great jama, if your're playing any of the islamic factions, go to text in data and find the historic_events.txt file, when your in it, control+f to find the "player first constructed cathedral line" under it do this):

{PLAYER_FIRST_GREAT_JAMA_BODY}The Muslims do not worship symbols, for the prophet, blessed be his name, had decreed that to represent the divine with an icon or image is blasphemy in the extreme. However, nobody could really deny that the sight of this grand mosque serves as a shining example of the might and wisdom of Islam
    {PLAYER_FIRST_GREAT_JAMA_TITLE}First Great Jama

(it's the activator for the .bik video file, since it's originally from crusades dlc)

As shikaka mentioned, I cant run this mod, get an error message . I run total war vanilla mod ss 6.4 and TA Reforged and couple of others crazy mods no problem, this is the first mod I cant seem to start no matter how I launch it

Thanks Nickolas,

I will incorporate that into the mod

And hey yes, I am kind of back. Nice to see you all again.

Author of
    Developer of

Foederatus

Awesome work ! Many thanks!

Hi 4zumi, when i lunch the mod with the bat file (medieval2_bananas.bat), the game crash and return to the desktop, any solution ?
    Thanks.

P.S. : I use the steam version of medieval 2

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by EnzOFDoom View Post
    Hi 4zumi, when i lunch the mod with the bat file (medieval2_bananas.bat), the game crash and return to the desktop, any solution ?
    Thanks.

P.S. : I use the steam version of medieval 2
    Not 100% sure if any of this will help
    First off- you're not using any other mods which have altered the base Medieval 2 files are you? There are a few, like Eras Total War, using those types of mods prevents most stand alone mods from working.
    Have you verified the integrity of the game files through the Steam launcher?
    Have you applied the 4gb patch to the Medieval 2 exe and Kingdoms? Some mods don't need it, some do, it's usually safer to just add it
    Is your Medieval 2 installed somewhere outside of your Program Files folder? Some times things installed in there have a lot more hoops to jump through in order to work

Hello 4zumi! I launch this mod with the bat file, but the game crashes to desktop. Is it here any solution?
    System log is there: https://www.mediafire.com/file/s61ws...m.log.txt/file
    I guess there is a problem with names.txt, but I'm not sure.

P.S. Thank you for Total Vanilla Beyond, it's amazing and wonderful mod ^_^

Hey thanks for the answer.
    no, I have not used other mods that alter the base Medieval 2 files and yes I have applied the 4gb patch.
    the only thing that could be is that the game is not installed in the progarm files folder, I try to install it there.

Thanks again for the answer.

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by EnzOFDoom View Post
    the only thing that could be is that the game is not installed in the progarm files folder, I try to install it there.
    Oh no no I meant games which ARE installed in the Programs folder can some times have a harder time launching and running correctly so it is better to install outside of the Programs folders

Quote Originally Posted by Dragour View Post
    Oh no no I meant games which ARE installed in the Programs folder can some times have a harder time launching and running correctly so it is better to install outside of the Programs folders
    Ah ok sorry i didn't understand, then at this point i don't know why it dosen't start, the only thing could be the descr_name.txt file since reading the previous posts gave problems to other guys

Anyway thank you for the support.

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

descr_name.txt? I only have descr_names.txt, maybe rename it to 'names' instead, otherwise delete that txt file and add the one I send you

Sadly I have no quick solution for this .
    I know there is a problem with the names, but it is not easy to find. What makes it harder, is that not everyone is affected by it.
    One thing I could think of, would be, that it is required, to play the game in english. But I guess all of you do this...
    You could try replacing the bin file in the med 2 txt folder which I provide here, maybe this helps
    https://we.tl/t-ztWfKhIdnG

And thanks Dragour for trying to help, while I am busy

Author of
    Developer of