Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Total Vanilla Beyond 3.3 Release - Once more with feeling and verve

Default Re: Total Vanilla Beyond 3.3 Release - Once more with feeling and verve

Thanks so much! I think I found it. How should I share it here? Just copy/paste the text?

4zumi's Avatar This one sparks joy

Yes please,
    i will just need the last few lines hopefully, so you can post these here.

Ughhh, and I know I am late as usal with my reply...
    Proudly under the patronage of King Athelstan of the Imperial House of Hader

Author of
    Total Vanilla Beyond mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms &
    Developer of
    Total Bananas mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms (beta)

Steam Workshop Mods for Rome 2, Warhammer, Warhammer 2

Discord: zumi's cookie corner
    Fighting for launch of "Cookie Friday" and "No Pants Saturday"

21:10:06.169 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, citadel -> city, convert_to_city[2](castle_to_large_town) -> convert_to_castle[2](large_town_to_castle)
    21:10:21.441 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    21:19:39.187 [data.invalid] [error] World creation error: couldn't find unit description for unit type 'Peasant Crossbowmen'.
    21:19:39.572 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Here is the text. Sorry for the late reply. I've been caught up with school and haven't been playing the game lately. I hope this helps! Let me know if you need more text.

is there a way to play without the units replacement?

i want recruit Ghualams and Feudalknights in Lategame =)

Hello, i have this problem where sometimes every few turns my game crashes during some AI faction's turn, i found that cutting the export_descr_ancillaries and export_descr_character_traits and pasting it somewhere else and then ending the turn, then saving after the AI turn, pasting them back in and continuing works but it's a pain in the ass doing it every 3-5 turns. Also i have the enhanced traits and ancillaries submod from another thread, azumi might know what i'm talking about and maybe that is the problem and not the original mod. So i'm asking if someone could somehow send me the original export_descr_ancillaries and export_descr_character_traits files because i never made a backup and just pasted the new ones from this "enhanced traits submod". I would rather not do a complete re-installation. Thank you.

Hi 4zumi,
    A really great modification that you developed. I really like the new map, the many new factions and the general scripts. So far I've tried the Mongols and the Emirate of Damascus for a longer time.
    Unfortunately with a little weakness. You get too rich too quickly and the construction times and costs have not really been adjusted. Therefore, it will soon no longer be a challenge to build great empires, which in my opinion reduces the fun of the game a little.

Virian's Avatar Civis

Making great Empire IS easy indeed, the problem is that the AI doesn't use this feature anywhere as well as it should.

In one of my campaigns as the Aztecs the only other nation to have a comparable number of troops to mine were the Maya who had like 75% and I kicked them out of Yucatan(the damn roaches reached the end of the southern map while I was conquering their asses.) in less than 10 turns and killed them off in 16 turns, most of that time was spent traveling, finding their settlements and sieging.

The European nations despite having an additional recruitment slot were extremely behind me before before I conquered the Maya and had no chance of ever stopping me before I even got ships.

It's less of a problem of money, the AI always had more money ( usually by an order of magnitude) than me, they were however at using it for anything useful.

edit: Ooops, that campaign was from the banana mod, my point still stands however.

@all
    I am sitting here, like mostly everybody else in social distancing confinement, and additionaly living with 3 high risk people underneath one roof. I hope you all are relatively safe

@Mattsw
    Ok, that one is strange and should not happen. This means, Peasant Crossbowmen should not exist anymore, because I relpaced them entirely with militia Crossbow, but even in case, the description should still be valid, as i left it in. I recently have reuploaded the mod, could you please download it again and see, if this issue persists?

@Kartoffel
    Nope, no way until you revamp everything, because the recruitment in in a very fickle balance on the verge of CTDs if too many units can be recruited at the same time.

@Vegas
    This submod, as far as I know, is not supported for this current main version. Either that, or there is a bug in the submod, which causes the ctd. So try playing without that submod, and everything should be fine. I am more or less certain I have found all traits/ancillaries related ctds in the main mod. I myself can not give support for submods

@magentius
    thanks, and yes economic balancing is always fickle. even in the main game, there is a point of no return, when you have more money, than you can spent. This is no different, but I already added a money sink script, where you lose money every turn to a certain threshold.

@virian
    Yeah, well. AI issues is not really my department where I am good at. So it is mostly the vanilla AI, albeit a bit tweaked. Not much I am able to do, or want to do in that direction.

Author of
    Developer of

Can someone help me out without what the problem is on the system log?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I thought you were done with this mod. I'm glad to see it updated again, always find myself coming back to this and seeing it updated was a pleasant surprise.

I am playing with totalvanillab mod 3.3 hurray... the lastest one
    Here is the last line in the system log

14:24:11.014 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/totalvanillab/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 11328, column 193
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to tripoli_citadel (unavailable at level zero)

Any ideas on how I can fix this problem?

I just want to say, hope you stay safe, 4zumi. It must've been quite scary to live with 3 high risk people.

@sully
    mhhh, nope. that is not an error that will lead to a crash normally. Try downloading the mod again, i have made the download links new recently.

@cokjan
    Yeah I am relatively safe, as a professional basement dwelleres, I trained for this occasion for years And so far all of my High Risk People are fine too.
    Hope you are in a good spot too

Author of
    Developer of

Hi 4zumi,

Have download the mod and really, really like it!

Not sure if this mentioned before but for my game, it seems artillery crews such as ballista and catapults, all factions share the same crew textures rather than having their own colours? Could a be random bugged install.

Thank you for your work!

Hi,

Dismounted Latinkon have no swords and texture bugs on their shields ...

pls fix that =)

@hamesical
    Thanks, and this is not a bug, it's a feature. To make room for more units I unified all the arty crews because every culture had a differerent one. So the trade off for more units was one single arty crew, which I deemed worth it.

@kartoffeldepp
    Thanks for reporting, I will have a look at it. Should just be a wrong entry in the modeldb.

Author of
    Developer of

Can someone drop an alternative link for download pls? I can use Mega ...

Quote Originally Posted by darksider261 View Post
    Can someone drop an alternative link for download pls? I can use Mega ...
    Fixed it ^^' Just needed to use a VPN for some reason :/

The mod is very entertaining and fun, do you plan to continue improving it more?
    More units, more features? Maybe improve the strat map models for settlements?
    Excellent work!!!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Hey there! Want to play this mod so bad, I get crash to ctd with all the .bat files though, any help?